Help me out, please :P

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
gumiho

Help me out, please :P

#1 Post by gumiho »

Hi! I just recently discovered Ren'Py, and thought that making a visual novel would be a cool project to do. Unfortunately, I haven't drawn any humans before, not counting self-portraits in elementary school and doodles of teachers I hate. I like writing, not drawing. I need a lot of work!

Could someone draw her nose? She looks retarded whatever I try...And I am aware that her hands are horribly deformed.
Name: Raskreia
Description: She is very cheerful and active, and would make a great cheerleader. She is the one who kidnapped the MC, and becomes one of her best friends.
Quote: "You can call me Raz! Like in Razzberry! Cute, isn't it <3"
Species: Dragon

Is there anything wrong with it other than the lack of wrinkles and the hands? Thanks!

Note: I've seen the awesome clothing tutorial by DarlingMionette, but are there any others? More specifically, a tutorial for tight clothes.
Note2: The "upload attachment" won't work for me, so I'm using photobucket for now. Is that alright?
Last edited by gumiho on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Widget

Re: Help me out, please :P

#2 Post by Widget »

You can also ask for drawing assistance/look for artists in the Recruitment section.

gumiho

#3 Post by gumiho »

@Widget
Yeah, I know, but I think that learning to draw better will be better for me. I think that this is a fun way to get better at drawing. Also I'm trying to save money and I doubt that people are willing to draw for free/cheap.

Edit: Argh, so many "betters".
Last edited by gumiho on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Widget

#4 Post by Widget »

If you wish to learn drawing, your first post requesting for help is now irrelevant.

You can search drawing tutorials from deviantArt.
gumiho wrote:Also I'm trying to save money
For your artist? Good decision. Investing is a good idea.

gumiho

#5 Post by gumiho »

@Widget
Sorry. I meant improve my art. I've looked up tutorials on Deviantart and YouTube, but my drawing above is the best I can do orz

Widget

#6 Post by Widget »

Practice makes perfect.
It'll take you time, don't rush yourself just because you've just discovered Ren'Py and want to do a VN.

If you're investing money. Invest your time for learning too.