Writing Tip: Using CHOICE in a Story ~ Varytale

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

Writing Tip: Using CHOICE in a Story ~ Varytale

#1 Post by OokamiKasumi »

[ This was a fairly big post taken from How to Read: http://varytale.com/read/ . The copyright holder asked me to take the post down, so I have. - PyTom ]

Understood. I sent a letter of apology too.

Also, I've started a very interesting conversation with Ian, the creator of VaryTale, and I might just have some new material to put here in its place sometime soon -- with permission!
Last edited by OokamiKasumi on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

Yakkety
Regular
Projects: Undead Chronicles

Re: Writing Tip: Using CHOICE in a Story ~ Varytale

#2 Post by Yakkety »

Wow, I often have problems with choices in my game, but with this it won't be such a big problem at all, this is really, REALLY helpful and I will bookmark this for whenever I'm in need of this information in the future ;)

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

Re: Writing Tip: Using CHOICE in a Story ~ Varytale

#3 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Yakkety wrote:Wow, I often have problems with choices in my game, but with this it won't be such a big problem at all, this is really, REALLY helpful and I will bookmark this for whenever I'm in need of this information in the future ;)
I have problems figuring out the most effective way of using "choices" in a story too, and I'm a multi-published author. LOL!

However, when I went looking for the answer to the question; "How does one make the most effective use of a branching plot in a story?" I discovered that not only is it a common question asked in the visual novel community, no one seemed to have a clear answer. So I went hunting on the 'net among the interactive story people.

When I found this article, it opened my eyes wide. Naturally, I had to bring it here and share it with everybody. :)
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar