What was your first story?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

Re: What was your first story?

#31 Post by Rinima »

TwilightOfTheSoul wrote:My first coherent story (yes, I wrote a lot of really crazy, off-the-wall stuff before this that even I can't comprehend now) was written when I was in high school. It was about a post-apocalyptic world filled with garbage, and the efforts of one man and his (self-insert) female companion to track down the truth behind the apocalypse and bring those who profited from it to justice. This may sound hipster, but this was back *before* post-apocalyptic settings were cool!

I guess I was in a boy-crazy phase at that point, but real boys scared me, so writing about this idealistic man who was strong, clever, and reliable gave me an escape from reality for a while. Writing myself in as a companion gave me a sense of security that I otherwise lacked.
That sounds cool (cooler than my first story XD).
I had a similar idea once in an RE exam. Not a good time to be getting story ideas...
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#32 Post by Destiny »

Oh, it is about the first coherent story? Like, making real sense?
Then I wrote my first story with 13 or 14.
Was about God, creating a beautiful and 100% pure-hearted angel to trap Lucifer, son of Satan. The plan actually works, since Lucifer feels drawn to the purity of the angel, but the plan actually backfires, since Lucifer traps "him" (the angel has no gender, but I described the angel always as "him") and convinces the angel to marry him. Satan gets panicky and forms a pact with god, unknown to actually help him in his conquest. The whine on the wedding gets poisoned, but none of the two drink it. The angel falls into a coma nonetheless, making Lucifer go mad with anger and asking God for help himself. God uses his chance and traps Lucifers mind, forcing him to destroy hell, his own home. The angel wakes up from his coma, which was brought up by God, and tries to stop Lucifer. He finally sacrifices himself to bring Lucifers senses back. Lucifer, shocked and angered, then kills God, but with Gods death, heaven collapses and kills Satan.
Lucifer, all alone, rebuilds hell and heaven quietly and then locks himself in the castle gardens of hell, lying between the corpses of his father and lover whos bodies are trapped in time and thus do never change nor rot.

No idea why the story was like this, I was in a deep religious crisis when I wrote that xD
But interestingly, both christians and atheists liked the story, when I posted it on a german shortnovel-website o.o
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes Of The Codex War, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
Projects: Cult of the Lily (18+)
Organization: PaperDoor Studios
Tumblr: paperdoorstudios
Deviantart: ShojiAmasawa
Soundcloud: Greyberry

#33 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Let's see ... My first completed story was a prototype for my hypothetical Pangaea: City Protectors series. In the story, the two characters Howie and Eddie are sent on a mission by C.O.M.M.A.N.D.O., a secret organisation, to stop Muska, a certified criminal, from enacting his next (unspecified) evil plan. After being teleported to the American state Maine instead of the island of Gwawkihalikah, they are picked up by a school for criminals in training, where they meet Becky, a girl who has been brainwashed from an early age to become a criminal.

Eventually, after much pointless travel and sexual tension between Eddie and Becky, they arrive on Gwawkihalikah, where it turns out the real villain isn't Muska, but King Aloom and Admiral Orguss of the Klin-Tuo empire from the planet Kazoo II who have been working with Muska to acquire a piece of C.O.M.M.A.N.D.O. in order to complete a teleporter to return them to their planet where he will be able to exact his revenge against the Human race for his defeat one year previously! (Bear with me, we had a whole continuity thought out.)

It ends with a thrilling(?) battle which results in Admiral Orguss's death, and Muska and King Aloom being sent to another dimension.

In short, it was awful.

やまと
Regular

#34 Post by やまと »

My first story ever. When I was a child (5 years?, 6? 7?)
It was in German, I hope I can translate well:

"I want a cloud
it is like cotton
my mother will give money
to buy one at the carnival"

Hehehe...

My first completed story which I am proud of it is an horror tale about a girl who, during the night, forgets everything, even his own identity, and her memories are replaced by a sinister desire: trying to steal others' memories by injecting terrible nightmares to anyone that she mets while wandering around the city (Tokyo downtown, of course). It doesn't mind if they are awake or sleeping, they are forced to have a terrible nightmage about their worst fears. The victims (if awake) first see a cute girl, alone, naked, stand still, so they aproach to know what is going on. When they both made eye contact, she invades their minds and the nightmare starts, first slowly and and then faster and faster as her anger grows.
It is just when the "victims" are going to die that their minds get oppened, so she can steal their memories. Victims die in a way that it looks like a suicide: they fall from a bridge, they drown in a bathtube, they cut their veins, they walk in the railway line when the train is coming, etc ....
The only way to stop her is to find someone with an image of her during the day time and that loves here and is not afraid of dieing for her.
When she loses his memories she is in fact trying to get them back at any cost. She is not trying to steal others' memories at all, she is only shearching their mind, but because they don't have her memories, she gets angry and kills them, by forcing them to suicide, and because this angers keeps growing each night, "suicides" are more and more violent and painful for the victim.

This story was heavily inspired and influenced by Japanese mythology and horror movies, and I wrote it about 6 years ago.

BTW, anyone can use any of them for free in a VN.

If you use the first one, you must pay me 9000000 <currency_from_your_country>. If this is your currency -> 円 then add two more zeros to the right. ^_^

KaenSe4
Regular
Completed: Good Morning Triss (2019), Palette Swap (Nano 16), Fairly Dangerous (Nano 15)
itch: kaense4.itch.io

#35 Post by KaenSe4 »

First story that I remember writing was about the adventure of a kid and different gliding snakes. It was for an English journal during 5th grade, I think. Sometimes I feel glad that I lost that notebook because the parts that I do remember made me cringe on various occasions. My first real stories were written in high school. One was about soul-reaping and it was heavily based on my own perceptions of death. I must admit, I was a messed up kid. The other was about a hero Rev and his trusty AI Alpha attempting to overthrow Yggdrasil, the artificial mind of the Society, in a post apocalyptic world. Ygg likes to think of himself as a writer in a story, omniscient and able to control the Society. He controls an army consists of modified humans, each personally modified by him. Rev was one of his generals, but left because his enhancement could not be controlled. I never finished either, but I still have the drafts. A lot of time and effort went into them, and I didn't want to just throw them away. I might reopen the old txt files and maybe attempt to complete them some time in the future.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#36 Post by Obscura »

My first story was about the relationship between a young girl and her crazy uncle. I wrote and iillustrated the thing in a book we had to handwrite, draw, bind ourselves in our fourth grade class. It won some sort of award in the school district. Look at junior-me go! Emotionally uplifting story or some such lunacy. I think the uncle looked like a leprechaun. Except he was standard human size, and dressed head to toe in green for no logical reason whatsoever aside from the fact I probably had green markers on hand and I was clearly enjoying that fresh marker smell.

And hey, in sixth grade I wrote about the adventures of a mouse and the book won an award for humor. My mom said one of the giant fingers I had drawn, incidentally belonging to a human character who was a priest, looked exactly like a dick. Me: hahaha! (Inside: Perturbed. I had no clue what she was talking about.)

It's all been downhill from there.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Krescentwolf
Projects: Phantasmagoria
Organization: Project CoR

#37 Post by Krescentwolf »

My first -true- story... is safely locked away in a place where NO ONE will ever find it.

My first -acceptable- story was about a hound given shape shifting powers, who could turn into a human. Throw in a money-obsessed con-woman for a side-kick/co-star and you can imagine any number of strange situations the two got into. The story consisted mostly of his snarky comments about the strange things humans do. :lol:

megatuga
Regular
Projects: 6 days (name subject to change)

#38 Post by megatuga »

It's... incredibly hard to remember since I record most stories on my head and not on paper... and yes, that can hardly be called "writing".

So the very first story that I remember writing... and that I never completed out of laziness and most important, lack of coherent bits was called "Pentagon Guardians", in which 6 teenagers are teleported into another world (called Pentagon) after they bought a book and tried to read it. Here, they find that they are the successors of ancient warriors called "Guardians". These Guardians could manipulate several elements and amounted to be 10 of them. but only 6 were found so far. Their objective is to retrieve the source of their power hidden somewhere in Pentagon and defeat the threat only known as "The System" a dark force that escaped its prison.

I had several characters figured out and other random things but the backstory was such a pain. especially when I was deeply focused that Pentagon and Earth were once a single planet and somehow they are now two after the construction of Babel's tower. At least I tried to explain why the people in Pentagon speak the same language and why they can understand each other since the Guardians would have different nationalities.

Then I started adding plot twists here and there, making things up like the Guardians making a rocket to get to Pentagon from Earth (yeah, just because they have abilities they can surpass common Earthly technology... great plan, me.)

In the end, I became confused as I tried to give clever details, creating creatures that aren't typical in a fantasy-world (in the end, all I did was have bugs and other animals with more legs or longer bodies and give them a different color), make all the characters have some sort of backstory... and so on.

...I am sort of glad that I never continued this thing. Now I have slightly better ideas to work on and I am not going to get carried away by making all those plans before writing.

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#39 Post by truefaiterman »

My first story... is... Ugh... Pokemon-Evangelion kind of crossover... weird... sex jokes and bad gore... so... WRONG...

Well, my first DECENT story, as well as the first one I finished, is a short tale about vampires which I posted in my forum, as well as I made a illustrated book-version for art-school (I remade it last year).
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

RobertSilvermyst
Regular
Projects: Coming Home

#40 Post by RobertSilvermyst »

My first story that I wrote, rewrote, tried to turn into an RPG Maker game, and now am writing as my first visual novel, is Legend of Furgasta. It is a story that has been ongoing in my mind and on paper since I was 15.

This story is something literally born of my dreams. I consider the main character, Robert Silvermyst, as my fursona. The tales I wrote in my dream diary are things I began to weave a tale from, and expanded it enough that I could make two sequels from it.

It takes place on a world where only anthropomorphs exist. At times, I wrote it to be another world altogether, and at other times I wrote it as Earth, long after humanity mutated due to the nuclear fallout of the final world war, heralding back the age of Gods. The story centered around the young prince, who's elder brother was kidnapped. Many years later, as he is lamenting his father's decision to arrange for Robert to marry the princess of the hostile kingdom of Delucia as a means to bring an end to the conflict, all hell breaks lose as the elder brother returns, leading an army of demons.

I have written fanfics as well. One was an Animal Crossing fanfic revolving around a wolf character named Greyfus moving to a new town, meeting Sable Able, and works to try and befriend her, leading to romance.

Another fanfic I am stalled in writing is a Pokemon one. it revolves around a young prince named Camio, while his evil father is waging war on his uncle over who is to rule the land. His journey is one of hardship and trials, fighting alongside his Riolu and Torchic. Halfway through the story, he nearly ends up dying to try and protect his Pokemon. Mew answers the Lucario's plea and shows the Lucario how to transfer aura into the boy. Camio survives and then trains to become the first aura guardian. He then helps drive a rebellion to defeat his father and help his uncle reunite the land.

AlgaeDrone
Regular
Projects: When You Hear The Bell Ring

#41 Post by AlgaeDrone »

In 6th grade we'd be given prompts to write about, and every single day the teacher would ask if anyone wanted to read theirs. I was the only person stupid enough to do it every single time.

Looking back I don't really feel very proud of any of them, because they were pretty bad. But there was one about the military fighting against these weird dragons that would camouflage themselves and hide as giant Saguaro cactuses. Out of all of the stories from that year, that might have been the best, haha.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#42 Post by silverpikachu99 »

My first story I ever wrote was in grade 4. I wrote about these 3 creepy dudes that harassed this girl at recess, and how the main dude- Max- ended up falling in love with this chick he thought he hated. 75 pages long, and I still have the original copy~!
i'll cry if you yell at me

GhostWriter37
Projects: Lullaby For Aurora (Tentative Title)

#43 Post by GhostWriter37 »

The first story I can think of writing was back in 4th grade when my class started doing this program where we actually took time out of teaching curricular stuff and focused on writing stories and stuff. (Sadly, the program disappeared after 4th grade since there was no state writing test again until 10th grade.)

It was called "Saving the World: For Dummies" and it revolved around two guys who are the only ones left after aliens come to Earth and abduct everyone else, then they have to go and save everyone. I was quite the impressionable youth, so the whole story was basically me copying jokes I learned from Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. Still, everyone in the class loved it, so it actually helped me go from this quiet kid that never said anything in class to someone with actual confidence. I'm still very much the quiet guy, but I think I really owe this story a lot for helping me develop my personality.

Dazed
Completed: Katawa Shoujo, The Dolls' Stories
Projects: Fish & Chicks

#44 Post by Dazed »

First story ever was in first grade. It was about a bear that wanted honey and got attacked by bees. Very simple plot....durr. It was first grade! But I was really proud of it.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#45 Post by Ran08 »

I've been writing stories for as long as I could remember that I don't have a memory of when I first started. Hahaha. :))

Though, I met an old classmate of mine recently and to my surprise, he still remembered me! And he told me that one of the reasons why he did was because when we were in 1st grade, I used to write stories, draw pictures, and then, read them to my classmates while showing my drawings of the story. Lol. I've always been a story-teller to my friends and classmates. =)

Like most of you here though, I'm quite proud of my earlier works. Yippie, I feel like such a kid thinking about them. :) Haha, I was ten when I started making this "book" where all the characters are the kids from my grade. XD Til now I'm not yet done with it. I just find it hard to continue writing a romance/fantasy story in the POV of a nine or ten year old when I'm already 15. Lol. I'm afraid I'll make the characters think too much like a 15-year-old too.

@RobertSilvermyst Me too! I love fanfics! :) Haha, I write fanfiction online. :D