What was your first story?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

Re: What was your first story?

#16 Post by Laniessa »

Well, you people obviously had a better start to writing than I had haha. I think in Grade 2, I wrote copied a story about a girl's finger becoming longer every time she lied.

After that, in Grade 6? 7? I wrote a story called 'Nagi Fires', which was about Nagi from Hayate the Combat Butler firing Hayate.

(It sucked.)

SHiNKiROU
Regular

#17 Post by SHiNKiROU »

Two Pokemon fanfic. While it doesn't have Mary Sues and self-inserts, it is full of references to Mega Man and many Deus Ex pulled off. Also, using romance as a source of comedy.

The interesting thing is that, one of them is written in a format of "A: ... B: ... narration A: ...", which is closer to a visual novel script.

Aines445
Regular

#18 Post by Aines445 »

My first written story (Since I had many stories in my hand that I didn't write on paper) that was made purely for fun and not an essay was about this girl that finds herself trapped in this maze-like hellish place with no memories about herself, not even her own name. I creatively gave this story the title of "Nameless" by the way (And the reason was because I couldn't find a good title for it, so the story was "nameless" XD). As she tried to get out she found this other girl named Marisa that also got trapped. In the middle of it some bad guys show up to try to kill them, but they're saved by this serious girl called Ella, who had special powers. So they all team up to get out.

I actually didn't finish the story because I was writing it for a friend and the school year was almost over, and I didn't have any time to finish it so I just made a stupid ending that I didn't want to make up for it, but the true ending would be this concept of an afterlife where they were trapped in Hell all along and the bad guys would be reapers that would take their souls because game is just one sick survival game that will determine whether you go to Heaven or stop existing altogether. In the end the nameless main character would make a deal with one of the reapers to live again on Earth in exchange for Ella's life as she is only 'a blank slate' because she has no memories or identity (I'm not saying she's bland, that's what she thought). I'd also go by the concept that the reapers could also be demons because they reside in Hell. Marisa would end up going to Heaven and Ella would die while nameless girl would be starting life all over again as a baby that was ironically named Ella (Oh what imagination did I have at that age?!).

Oh this was in sixth grade by the way, yeah....

Choco Chrono
Organization: CChrono

#19 Post by Choco Chrono »

This is an interesting question LMFAO I've never tried to write anything before (beside essay) until I get into BL (around 7th grade I believe), like seriously, BxB was all that I could think about at that time. If I remember right, my first story was something slice of life, about a boy... and another boy... in a school... and that's all I can recall OTL Of course that story was dropped and never again see the daylight. (My writing was so suck at that time I'm like DAMN! :shock: ) From that time on I've been writting a lot of story (I have a whole drawer of it), but none of the story reached its end before I scrapped it and carried on with the next one > v >

I think the first and only story I've ever finished is a tragic love story between a tree and two birds. (I think I wrote it in my 10th grade) It's like a fairy tale about a wisteria tree that had been living for so long ever since the world was created to the point it had its own mind. The soul of the tree had a human form, he lived alone for centuries until two bird came along, a black and white birds (They also had their own minds just like Wisteria). Wisteria took the two birds in and gave them a place to live, in return, the two birds would protect the tree from other harming things. For short, Wisteria fell in love with White Bird but refused to confess in fear that it would destroy their friendship. Unknowing about this, the white bird married a human girl. The black bird loved Wisteria, but because of his pride, he decided to keep quiet and chose to patiently stay beside Wisteria. The story ended with the death of the three of them. LOL (I won't go in detail because I might go one forever telling about the story aaaa)

I'm still really proud of this story, not just because it's the only story I finished hahaha, it's also because it's the first angst and bad end story I ever wrote! (I tend to avoid BE story, just.. my feel...) Maybe someday I will make it into a kinetic novel > v >

CuddleTea
Projects: Melody of Ruin

#20 Post by CuddleTea »

I was in fifth grade when I wrote my first story. Part of being a fifth grader back then in my school was we all had to mentor a first grader to teach them to read and learn the alphabet, that kind of stuff. My first grader I got assigned to was really into Pokemon. I wrote my first fan fiction story about Pokemon who learned to be friends with a trainer for him, complete with pictures and words below them. Stapled it all together and gave it to him, so he could practice his reading. He knew the basics of reading children's stories by the end of that year. I actually still have the necklace he gave me as a thank you too. XD

hikaa212
Regular
Projects: Distant Dream

#21 Post by hikaa212 »

I remember I love writing stories when I was a kid because I only have few friends and I even have a notebook that contains many of my childish essays. lol

The only story that I remember is the one that I wrote with my childhood friend, about a girl who's transported to the space with her friends and they have to find jewels to go back to earth. oh and I also remember something about a friend that failed to save a friend and in the end he killed himself. LOL
"I hope that all of the choices I've made while wandering through the darkness might give everyone a ray of Light." - Kotarou Tennouji, Rewrite.

tumblr | a blog about games
I'm useless, haha.

compositionc

#22 Post by compositionc »

Man oh man, I would say my first written story was about a girl in a Wonderland-esque world except everything was much darker and since she was really the rightful queen, the current queen was out to kill her. I don't remember anything else, but it turned out the girl was actually in a coma and in the end, her parents pull the plug.

MarineScripter
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi
Organization: Oceanic Eden Productions

#23 Post by MarineScripter »

I was ten years old, playing around on an old Microsoft computer that my parents didn't use anymore. I opened up Word and starting writing down a story entitled 'Oh Fine', which was a journal of daily life from the point of view of a girl a few years younger than me. It's extremely embarrassing to read; I can't even look at it anymore. I wrote the strangest, most awkward things, and my grammar is terrible.
But it was so fun. So fun that I've been writing constantly ever since, still on that chunky old computer.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#24 Post by noeinan »

My first story was a series of comics I drew in elementary school. The art was a weird cross between Sailor Moon, DBZ, and Ah! My Goddess. It was about a girl (possibly an alien?) who routinely got kidnapped, saved herself, and saved her friends when they got kidnapped. The plots weren't super good, but I had fun designing the characters and their outfits-- I still remember the world of lava people, which was fun to draw. ^^

Biev

#25 Post by Biev »

My first story, age 3 :
Once upon a time, there was broccoli unlike any others. Every time a little boy cried for help... uh... the broccoli went!

aphosphene
Regular
Projects: Between The Raindrops, red & clover

#26 Post by aphosphene »

Mine was about a certain 13 year old girl who committed suicide and her soul was inserted to dying 26 year old woman (who also attempted suicide), it was an angel's doing, giving the girl and the woman another chance in life. The girl struggled on living inside this woman's body. The woman's soul meanwhile traveled to see the people she loved and watched from afar how the young girl is coping in her body, guiding her. They become friends, the girl hearing the woman's thoughts in her head... And the they go through trials together.

My teacher thought it was pretty morbid story for a 12 year old. She even told my parents fearing I might commit suicide XD
MY PROJECTS

This isn't vengeance. It's justice. A life for a life
Yes. This is justice. I raise the .45 to his face.
And the rest will be vengeance.

serendipity: (n.) finding something beautiful
without looking for it

Semienigma
Regular
Projects: Cerebral Hinderance: Inner Iniquity

#27 Post by Semienigma »

My first story I wrote all by myself and was proud of was about a girl in a place of anarchy and how she was remembering her family being killed and her sister taken for um...not good things. She only had one hand and was hiding from guys that want to do do...not good things to her.

It was for a history class XD my class was so creeped out by me after that but that was the assignment! Write a story about what Anarchy would be like. -_- My Teacher said I got the most accurate picture, got a candy bar and the title "Little Miss Morbid" :lol:
Working On:
Improving my art and my first Kinetic Novel Cerebral Hindrance: Inner Iniquity(more info coming soon)
Visit my Tumblr! to see my art

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#28 Post by Destiny »

You mean a story in general, not a game related story?
I was around 11. It was about four girls meeting an angel, then fighting against evil with magical animals (being a cat, a bird, a bunny and a mouse). Well, I had just found Sailor Moon, was probably because of that.
I wrote something like a short story with 9 before that, but that was just putting me into the Pokémon world, fantazising about what would happen to me and about what adventures I would have xD

My first game related story was with 14, it was about a guy, being trapped in a video game (he was born there, but he hates being the main character) and thus constantly nagging about the stereotypes he encounters (like the princess in need, the evil enemy that is evil because he is evil, the clothes customs that are unrelated to weather, ridicoulus huge and complicated dungeons, weapons with super attacks that you can't wield because you are not the right class, etc).
Sadly, it was way too huge to ever be made by little me and later, I found it too weird, since the humour was very simple.
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#29 Post by Rinima »

The first story I wrote was when I was 7.
About a page long, written in school (and I was told off after as it was during maths XD).
It was about a girl and a dragon, can't quite remember what happened.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

TwilightOfTheSoul
Regular

#30 Post by TwilightOfTheSoul »

My first coherent story (yes, I wrote a lot of really crazy, off-the-wall stuff before this that even I can't comprehend now) was written when I was in high school. It was about a post-apocalyptic world filled with garbage, and the efforts of one man and his (self-insert) female companion to track down the truth behind the apocalypse and bring those who profited from it to justice. This may sound hipster, but this was back *before* post-apocalyptic settings were cool!

I guess I was in a boy-crazy phase at that point, but real boys scared me, so writing about this idealistic man who was strong, clever, and reliable gave me an escape from reality for a while. Writing myself in as a companion gave me a sense of security that I otherwise lacked.