What was your first story?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

Re: What was your first story?

#46 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Sigh. Too long ago, I can't remember what I wrote in school.

I do remember my first published short story though (my one and only). A ghost story set in a forest at night when the main character summons back his friend and gets more than he bargained for. I wrote some Dr Who fanfic that was published but unpaid and then I had someone make an audio from one of those which was really cool.

Ophelia
Regular
Completed: tobag
Projects: Kajima

#47 Post by Ophelia »

Uhhh, I guess it was the fanfic about some kind of weird fairy tale we were reading back in 4th grade. For my probably first story it was quite long, 16 pages or so and I was mighty proud. Everyone in class had to write a story and we made them into a little back as memorabilia, I still have it. (:
Though I don't remember anymore how I wrote it. Only that I did, because I have it.

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#48 Post by kaleidofish »

The earliest story I can remember having written, and fully finished, was about a hamster who escaped his cage. I was in 3rd grade when I wrote it, heh. I think he met up with a bird or a dog or something.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

FrozenApple66
Regular
Projects: Lunescara (Hiatus) The Cottage (NaNo16)
Organization: Pink Squirrel Games

#49 Post by FrozenApple66 »

Oddly enough that I'm writing a ghost story type of VN, the first 'story' I ever wrote was about an archaeologist who is exploring a castle and has to free the spirits of seven princesses who are trapped there. I was 12

Kjata

#50 Post by Kjata »

First story I ever wrote was about a man who goes to the moon and meet an alien. Both he and the alien are completely frightened and end up running around the moon before running into each other (at the other side).

Don't remember much more of it then that, i just know I was five when I wrote it (about 20 years ago). I guess it explains my lifelong fascination with both writing and Space.

cesullivan
Regular
Completed: Story of Dream Infinite (Open Beta)
Projects: Story of Dream Infinite
Organization: C.E. Sullivan Games

#51 Post by cesullivan »

I've been writing stories since I was very little, but I have a terrible memory, so the first one I actually remember well was a story I wrote in 9th grade, which won first place in a high school writing contest sponsored by the local community college. I ended up getting the same story published in an anthology called Dark Offspring (it was a collection of stories written by kids under 16). It was the first (and last) story I profited from--I think I got $100 from the writing contest and $25 for the publication.

The story itself was about a mermaid journeying through the desert. I still have a copy of the anthology somewhere, but it's not really something I like to go back and read, because really, I'm not sure it was that good. I guess some people saw something in it, though, and that's what got me thinking way back then about seriously trying to become a writer.
"Awake Ublasti, foxy fire goddess...forget love, let's play a Combustion game!"
Story of Dream Infinite dev blog@ http://www.storyofdreaminfinite.wordpress.com | Works in Progress Thread Here
Download Open Beta Version Now at cesullivangames.com/sodi

Kari-Chan
Projects: The Culprit [On hold]
IRC Nick: Kari-Chan

#52 Post by Kari-Chan »

I still remember the first story I wrote. I was about 4 or 5 years old and it was about three dogs and a cat or something, I think it was about dogs bullying the cat or something :S
Katsu!

Luce Jumble
Regular
Projects: By Angelic Invitation, ...

#53 Post by Luce Jumble »

Ohhh man, I remember when I was eight, I wrote a "horror" story about a few girls that were having a slumber party that "went horribly wrong," as I had written in the summary. The girls were sent to the future, and became ghosts that haunted the house. I am really not sure what happened in the story after that or how it came to be, but I do remember that there was something about a glowing, blue, talking frog that could float? It's so old, I probably threw it out in my huge paper-purge back in middle school! And I probably never finished it. x'D
Moved to Aurehan

fullmontis
Regular
Deviantart: fullmontis
itch: fullmontis

#54 Post by fullmontis »

I actually don't remember, I wrote a lot of stories when I was in elementary school as homework assignment. Probably in 2nd or 3rd grade. They were based on some disturbing dreams I had. I remember my teacher talking to my parents because she thought they were morbid LOL. I had a lot of great fucked up dreams back then, not anymore :(

Plumii

#55 Post by Plumii »

My first "real" story (I wrote a bunch of terribad nonsense poems in kindergarten/grade one) was in grade 4. It was set in the 1700s and was centered around how tomatoes used to be known as "poison apples" in Europe. There was a boy who dared to eat the poison apple, and discovered that it wasn't actually poisonous.

In fact, historically-speaking: in Europe at that time, it wasn't actually the tomato that was poisonous, but rather the plates that had so much lead. When the highly acidic tomatoes were placed on the plates, the tomato would take in some lead, thus resulting in death of lead poisoning.

My story was a little simpler: it was about how the boy ate the poison apple by hand and discovered it wasn't poisonous, but some other person of higher status claimed the discovery was his. (And tomatoes were so extremely feared at that time that apparently nobody else tried to eat a tomato by hand. :roll: ) It ended with the main character realizing that even though the discovery wasn't noted as his, it was still an important discovery, and one that would be remembered by him and his close friends/family.

BonBocchan

#56 Post by BonBocchan »

The earliest, proper thing I can remember writing--and finishing--was when I was maybe about eleven, and I wrote it for school. I believe it was about two pages long. It was about a car that broke down, and the passengers, one of which I remember was called General, tried to fix it. In the end the engine blew up.

I believe the last line was something about everyone in a ten mile radius of the car having died.

peppermintdragon

#57 Post by peppermintdragon »

If you meant for novel writing, My first story was a gender-bender, school romance and comedy story. >_< It was about a girl who gotta bewitched and turned into a boy and trying to find out what did it happened to her, and meet up lots of crazy friends on the way . :D

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#58 Post by destiny_921 »

My first story was a CCS fanfic that I started like....7 years ago *cringes* It's still in my profile, but I've deleted it once, put it up again and revamped it twice already (sorta). Sadly, I've lost interest in writing that category >.> It's hard to write something that you aren't a fan of anymore.

A plot does exist, but I'm more inclined to write others like ME/DA/original/etc works now. >.> The outline is like "Sakura is a new uni student, meets Syaoran and friends, but turns out she knows more than what they think,.etc" - quite complex, I suppose. I actually want(+ed) to make it into a trilogy but...eh, who knows. I might re-use the plot one day.

Original work-wise, the first original piece of story writing I remember was about these six companions (in a fantasy world where ranks are everything - I totally love the world setting.) encounter beasts while traveling and.../plot remains to be seen still as I'm currently working on another work that I'm quite intent to finish/.

If you're talking about completed...I'm not sure. There's a lot @@
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#59 Post by SilverxBlue »

The first story I remember writing was about a girl who got trapped in a room with a giant spider... and then they became friends, but in the end, the spider betrayed the girl because all he wanted was to eat her, but the girl fought back and ate the spider instead... but like she cooked it at the fire first cause I didn't want to make it too disgusting.

I... I honestly don't know wtf was going on with my mind when I was around 10. Probably got it from watching too much Courage the Cowardly Dog. XD
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Yonowaaru

#60 Post by Yonowaaru »

Something about a tropical island, volcanoes, murders and tengu.
... Oh lord, I can recall how horrible it really was without even seeing it.