What was your first story?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
Sugar-Junkie
Regular
Projects: Smile for Me (WIP), Greystone Manor (hiatus)

Re: What was your first story?

#61 Post by Sugar-Junkie »

I still have it and... it hurts me physically to read it now. It was a high fantasy story that started in an inn, the four main characters were respectively two elves princesses (but BADASS ones that wouldn't wear dresses, no sir!) and two human leaders of two barbarian tribes. It goes without saying that the four of them were self inserts of me and my friends. I think the elves also used some elemental magic powers too? And they owned a blue winged fox and a talking horse? And the villain was EVIL and polluted nature just for the heck of it? And there was a prophecy that foretold the arrival of the four of them? And at some point they fought against a giant spider and met a tribe of armored cats? And all of a sudden, pirates?

Yeah I don't know either.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#62 Post by Laiska »

My first story that I wrote and was proud of, I think was a short story I wrote in... 9th or 10th grade, inspired by Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine, which I'd been reading at the time. (Bradbury is still one of my major influences, tbh.)

The first story I remember writing... was probably a Pokemon fanfic, not gonna lie. I know I wrote a couple back in the 90s. The earliest story I still have on record? This tragedy, transcribed as written...

Juneberry
Regular
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Deadly Heart

#63 Post by Juneberry »

First story I was super proud of? Actually, it might be a good VN, but I have my doubts on how to title and do it, but all I know is...It was a short story I wrote for my creative writing class. It was a hell of a time trying to write it, because for some reason, my laptop PC at home and my school's Mac were having a rivalry. So I ended up having to write about 5-7 pages in an hour. And I got a really good review and grade from the teacher for how I did it. :3

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#64 Post by Chasing Summer »

The first story I ever wrote I was like six years old. I wrote a 500 words story about the friendship between a mouse and a girl. Back then I was super proud. Today? Not so much.

The first story I’ve written, finished and felt REALLY proud about must be a fanfiction I wrote at the age of ten. The story revolved around a young woman who has a broken relationship with her boyfriend. She knows they won’t ever be “lovey-dovey” again but still can’t let go and move on. So instead, she continues to hurt herself by clinging onto a thread that’s so weak it can break any second.
new account: sonnenblumen

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#65 Post by Caveat Lector »

If I enter any future "Worst VN Competitions" on these forums, I would adapt one of my early stories from when I was twelve. They were that awful. :lol: My first story ever? I can't recall, I can only recall "parodies"/rip-offs of VeggieTales and Roald Dahl, and some kind of story where my friends and I meet a monster and it was going to end with the monster dying, but then the teacher made me change the ending to us befriending the monster because he was lonely.

Anyway, I don't quite count those as "stories"-stories. What I wrote when I was twelve was much closer. It was an incomplete series starring a nine-year-old girl and her friends, and a lot of these stories were, unfortunately, incomplete. I did, however, complete a stand-alone story about a bunch of teenage girls who get stuck on an island with a scientist after said scientist's experiment backfires badly, and...stuff ensues. :lol:
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Crenshaw6
Regular

#66 Post by Crenshaw6 »

Mines is from year one. I wrote it during one of our short creative writing blocks during class. It essentially was a crossover fanfiction of Matilda (Roald Dahl) and Beezus and Ramona (Beverly Cleary) about Ramona sitting in Miss Honey's class. I had just finished reading the books and loved them so much that I just could not resist combining them into one! I remember being immensely proud of myself when I handed it in to my teacher, sure that she never read anything like it.

Akai85
Regular
Projects: Dawn of the Humans(WWIP), The Diamond Man(WWIP)
Organization: ermineSt.
Deviantart: ermineSt.

#67 Post by Akai85 »

Too bad I'm replying to an old thread but w/e.

My first story that I can remember I thought of in like year 7 and it was a sci-fi love story about an artificially created human and a human. There was a princess in it. The main character had long blonde hair because her aging was accelerated...? I don't know. And there was a token lesbian that ended up with a guy.

In short it was as good as Twilight and I thought it would be some kind of fantastic epic.

I still have a written prologue for it somewhere.

...I am so ashamed. :oops:

Luckily it didn't take much longer for my ideas to become better. (Writing quality though... lol) My next one had mermaids, bald ladies and multiple personalities in it. A lot of things in that story sucked... but not everything did. :roll:
I did nothing. And still I rise.
And still I rise.

殺す/Kurosu~❆

#68 Post by 殺す/Kurosu~❆ »

When. I. Was. In. Fifth. Grade. I still have it and it makes me wonder how my classmates like the crap I wrote. xD It was ROMANCE. Yep, ROMANCE. I was on my FIFTH grade. Seriously, I was re reading it and it hurt my eyes and heart to see how embarassing it is. I remember how my classmates would argue on who gets to read it first. Makes me laugh at myself for creating such a shallow story. Re-reading it made me realize something though, I wrote it because it was fun, now that I grew a bit I still continue on writing romance stories. Improving each chapter. It's what started everything which makes me feel nostalgic, it was also the story that inspired me to make my own visual novel. It was crappy, yes, but I poured all of my feelings into it. So I kinda feel proud and thankful that I wrote it. xD

I feel like I made a speech, I feel so smart now. *^* //slaps.

It was a girl who fell in love with a transfer student (24 chapters long). She had to give up her love for him because her bestfriend also fell for him. As she tried to move on she meets her childhood friend and tries to make him her rebound, she didn't notice she was slowly falling for her childhood friend. Then the heroine finds out that her bestfriend was a um... sl*t if I may call it. She was kidnapped by her and was stabbed to the stomach. The transfer student confesses to her while she was being taken to the hospital.

She was under a comatose and was sent to another country for treatment. After 2-3 years she came back bringing the guy who saved her. Her bestfriend had escaped, but she met her bestfriend's twin sister. (I'll name the bestfriend, Elaine, cause that's what her name was. And her twin sister Samantha.) She meets up with the transfer and they had a touching meeting after 2-3 years. But the guy who saved her held her back.

The heroine rejects the guy who saved her along with her childhood friend, the two finally encouraged the heroine and the transfer.

The transfer finally remembered that the herione and her childhood friend were his friends when he was a child. He had amnesia because he hit his head. But suddenly a wild Elaine comes back! She tries to shoot the heroine but the transferee shields her which makes the Elaine hesitate then she tells the truth. The Elaine that was nice to her 2-3 years ago was actually Samantha *gasp!*. And the one who stabbed her and the one who is standing in front of the heroine was the REAL Elaine. What a plot twist! (add sarcasim). Elaine goes to jail and the transferee proposed to heroine.

THEN THEY GET MARRIED. THE END.

My god, it was long and crappy, I swear. I'm planning to re-write it though.

RotGtIE
Veteran

#69 Post by RotGtIE »

Wrote the first arc of a sci-fi action thriller way back in high school, as part of a collaboration between myself and a close friend. I hope to someday finish the story and produce it as a VN, in tribute to the brief time we spent together.

LinovaA

#70 Post by LinovaA »

Oh gods...

Back in like... Grade 6 I think... I wrote about me... if I won the lottery. FORTUNATELY I was a realist even back then and figured that if I won the lottery I would probably neglect everything and my personal relationships would end up suffering (I was a troubled child... XD). So at least the story was kinda realistic. HOWEVER... my writing skill was terribad. Like, I can't find that story, but I found some of my writing from a little after that time. I wish I didn't, lets just say that.

However, at the same time, it is cool to see just how far I have come since those days. If it were not for those old stories, I probably would not have discovered my love for writing. I had a wonderful teacher back then who encouraged me to keep writing, telling me one day my writing would superb.

Kinda still waiting on that ;) but the message was not lost on me.

Lexer

#71 Post by Lexer »

I remember it fondly. I had to write the script for a play in sixth grade. I turned in a whackjob story about a guy who time traveled to give his past self ideas so he could pass his class. The dialogue were lines I filched from the local Filipino dub of the anime Yuyu Hakusho.

No one had any idea about what to bring as a costume so they just brought what looked like a costume to them. So we had girls in fairy godmother outfits fighting someone dressed up like Captain America while Iron Man challenged Batman for his science project.

The success/hilarity of the play barely had anything to do with my script.

I still got an A.

shaye

#72 Post by shaye »

Oh man, that's a hard one, seeing I started writing when I was around...six or so. But the first story I do remember writing was about someone finding a magical piece of coal that would gradually turn their life better, only to snatch everything away at the end and then disappear leaving them with nothing.
The ones to come weren't that much more original plot wise but I never lost my love for writing and here we are ;w;.

Zootower
Regular

#73 Post by Zootower »

I wrote in either my last year of middle school or freshman year of high-school -- the memory's faded a bit now. It was about a teenager's obsession the sound of Polka music coming from an apartment across an alleyway in New York City's big Polish neighborhood, Greenpoint, where I grew up. Semi-autobiographical and whatnot. My teacher read it and introduced me to "Only Yesterday", the Isao Takahata flick -- and watching it was probably the first moment I really took anime "seriously" -- as an art form that really attracted my attention past the usual 30 minutes of Dragonball Z on Toonami. Definitely a sentimental moment.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#74 Post by curry nochi rice »

A zoids fanfic. I was in 1st grade back then.

I still remember the moment the girls in my class commenting about it. :oops:
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

benzodiazepine

#75 Post by benzodiazepine »

I wrote lots of Lovecraftian-esque stories in middle school. I somehow managed to come across some of these months ago and was surprised to find out they were not THAT embarassing... made me consider picking up horror again, actually.