What was your first story?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

Re: What was your first story?

#76 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Hehe, some of those are fun. :-)
I used to be into classic 'scary' movies when I was a kid, and by that I really mean the classic ones. I wouldn't watch Bram Stoker's Dracula, I'd borrow those really old, borderline black and white films from the library (you could not download these things when I was a kid!), with Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, etc... Really cheesy even by 90's standards, and I sort of knew that at the time as well.

At any rate, I remember writing a short story in grade 5 called about a classmate and me buying a poster that featured four horror film characters (including Jason from Friday the 13th, whom I only knew by name because I haven't even seen it then; Freddy from Nightmare on Elm Street, and a couple of made up ones). It turned out that the poster was haunted though, and their spirits were summoned from within. It was up to me and my friend to stop them... but I think it being a short story, it never actually got resolved.
Last edited by LeonDaydreamer on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

kmarsel
Projects: Ace Academy, The Tales of Aegasia

#77 Post by kmarsel »

The first story I wrote which got some recognition was an assignment I completed in 7th grade. It was a suspense story titled "The Death of Jelly-Filled Doughnut Joe" and it won the classwide contest.
Looking for feedback:
The Tales of Aegasia

Le Hewitt
Projects: point blank notation (NaNoRenO 2015)
Tumblr: dreamsofpriapia
Deviantart: lehewitt

#78 Post by Le Hewitt »

When I was in Kindergarten I wrote a short little comic called 'Superdog'. I believe I always had him facing off against his arch-nemesis: Fat Cat (who was actually quite complex as a character now that I look back on it, I gave him a tragic origin story and everything). That was really the moment I remember thinking to myself that writing was my thing, because I could create a story all my own to just fall into. And really, even at that young age, I could never stop. It's just what I do, whether I want to or not, I need to write.
ImageImage
(production to begin in March)

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#79 Post by Hijiri »

I actually have parts of it saved.

Death Rule really has always been my baby, even when I first started.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Meinos Kaen
Regular
Completed: JPDE - Sonata of Fire
Projects: JPDE, Ars Oratoria, ONHA

#80 Post by Meinos Kaen »

Oh, boy. So much time ago...

I was 14. I had just discovered anime and manga, and was crazy for Naruto. My first fanfic was a crack parody written in Italian titled 'Il Campeggio dei Ninja', as in: the gang goes camping. Shenanigans and sexual hijinks ensue. It was a success, but I never saved it. It's lost to time. :(

krakkenchaos
Tumblr: krakkencontent

#81 Post by krakkenchaos »

The first story I was truly proud of was something I wrote in 7th or 8th grade about an alternate dimension that opens at nighttime when the townspeople are not allowed outside. Still, I consider that to be too long ago to count as my "real" writing. It wasn't until high school that I realized I'm much better at writing in script form and I wrote my first complete play, The Knife and Crimes of Donovan Stabsavvy, a superhero drama.

Hanabii
Deviantart: HanabiArts

#82 Post by Hanabii »

My first story I was really proud of was something I wrote in like 2nd or 3rd grade. It was a really ridiculous story about a bunch of princesses (names based on my friends) and their boyfriends (names based on my friends) ...

Alphas
Projects: Monster

#83 Post by Alphas »

My first story was when I was in around 4h grade. It was about knights who had superpowers, and they went around beating the crap out of criminals who also had superpowers. A typical child's fantasy. Hahaha.
Monster| NaNoRenO2015

"This is the story of an ambitious young man.
Who was betrayed by the people he loved.
And abandoned by the society he trusted."

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#84 Post by Akitsuki »

I guess the first time I wrote story when I was 3rd grade. I kinda copied from Cinderella and my mom encouraged me to make my own story. So I did. When I was in 5th grade, I literally wrote my story in a notebook and I let my friends read it. It was an adventure story where a girl ran away from her house and visited many places and met many people.

When I was around 7th grade or 8th, I started writing a fantasy story about 5 students went to an academy. They all had special powers and the principal asked them to help the school seal a monster whom lived in the academy. I remember I wrote until it reached around 100 pages but I still couldn't finish it LOL Good old times...

LPRe

#85 Post by LPRe »

gods, it's been so long. I think my first story was probably me writing down a dream and turning it into a story, sort of, but frankly, I can't really remember. I wrote a lot of short things, and the stories I had with my toys were...complicated, I guess. Like tv drama complicated, so a lot of memory loss and 'he loves the OTHER woman' and ridiculous things like that. I could probably recite the whole thing up to the point where it ended, honestly, even though I never really wrote it down.

I think the first long(for a 10 year old I mean), story I ever wrote was this one where a girl was a thief and left her village to get money to help her mom, and then she meets a runaway prince and his sister and they go on some adventure. I actually have that one saved in a notepad doc now, but I can't really bring myself to look.

yoshibb
Veteran

#86 Post by yoshibb »

My first story I remember, I think I was around 8 or 9, was this ridiculous massive crossover between my favorite games and cartoons. The main character was a self insert superpowered heroine that saved everyone. I think I still have it written down in an old journal to look back and laugh at.

someguy01mmb
Projects: An Evening Chat[Solo/In Progress]
Soundcloud: Someguy01mmb

#87 Post by someguy01mmb »

A terrible piece of fanfiction that may or may not have been related to Evangelion in middle school. I don't even remember what I was trying to do, but I when I dug it up later in high school off my old computer I wondered how I thought that was a good idea. Ah the memories... The terrible terrible memories.

Calcium
Tumblr: bacteria-queen

#88 Post by Calcium »

I remember writing a story when I was like... 6? 7? about a fox that couldn't hunt because he didn't want to hurt any other animals to feed himself. The rest of the foxes tried to encourage him, but he ends up all alone. I don't remember how it ended, but I was pretty proud of it. I even drew a cover.