Possible title suggestions for a bxb dating sim?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

Possible title suggestions for a bxb dating sim?

#1 Post by SilverHyena »

First things first, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this kind of thing. After several long moments of overthinking, I decided this was the most appropriate place for this topic, but it's possible that's not the case.

Anyway:

I'm currently working on a bxb dating sim with jack_norton (Winter Wolves). While we have the plot and other aspects down we're having trouble coming up with a cool title for the game. We've asked for some suggestions in the Winter Wolves forums, but figured we'd try here to see if we can get some more responses. So, if you guys have any suggestions as far as titles go and you don't mind sharing them we'd love to hear them.

And since that's nearly impossible without knowing what the game is about, here's a summary of the basic plot:

Marcel, our main character, is the illegitimate son of Lord Sandor-- an important noble with a vast amount of wealth. None of that status or wealth is Marcel's though as he's been raised solely by his poor mother without any involvement from his father. In order to meet his father without being recognized, Marcel gets a job a servant. However, Lord Sandor figures out Marcel is his son and proposes a deal: if Marcel can prove that he's worthy of the position, Lord Sandor will name him his heir.

So far we've been thinking a title with Inheritance in it or something. Like, the Sandor Inheritance or The Sandor Estate. I dunno. It's a work in progress. :P

Edit: peapodprincess pointed out that I should include some more information about the setting. The game will take place in a fantasy setting. If you happen to be familiar with Loren the Amazon Princess, it takes place in that same universe sometime between Loren 1 and 2.
Last edited by SilverHyena on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

peapodprincess
Regular

Re: Possible title suggestions for a bxb dating sim?

#2 Post by peapodprincess »

Could you give us a little more information on the setting please?

I've come up with a few, but some would obviously be more suited to, say, a regency-style setting rather than a modern one.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#3 Post by KittyKatStar »

Scion of Sandor?
Succeed Sandor?
Sandor's Manor?
Next in Line?
Heirs and Graces? (based on the idiom 'airs and graces' where you try to act more high class/important than you actually are in society.)
Inheriting Sandor?

Nothing much, just a few titles to help jog some ideas. =)

Mad_Scientist
Regular
Completed: Bipedal Bunny From The Moon With A Machine Gun And Helicopter Backpack Dating Sim
Projects: Summer in Trigue, Darling Shoujo Imoutohotep, The Five Figures, Unseen

#4 Post by Mad_Scientist »

A couple recent tweets by KittKatStar reminded me how "court" can refer to both the act of courting someone, and also royal courts. The main character is the son of a lord, and based on some of your posts on the winter wolves forums it sounds like he'll be interacting with a lot of nobles and stuff. So, with that in mind.

Royal Courtship
Courtiers and Courting
Courts and Courtship
The Sandor Court

Something like that.

I'm terrible, I know, but I couldn't help it.
Check out the demo of Darling Shoujo Imoutohotep, my mummy VN. Cause haven't you always wanted to play a Pharaoh in love with his mummy little sister? Oh, you haven't always wanted that? Uh... well... if you check it out anyways, I'll be happy. (Cannot guarantee your happiness though).
You can follow me on twitter at:
@MadNovelist212 My "official" account, follow for updates.
@MadScientist212 My personal account. Beware, I tend to babble.

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)

#5 Post by SilverHyena »

@peapodprincess: Thanks for pointing that out! I should have definitely included that information in the first post. It's actually going to be set in a fantasy setting. If you happen to be familiar with Loren the Amazon Princess, it takes place in that same universe sometime between Loren 1 and 2. Hope that helps. I'll edit the first post to include this information.

@KittyKatStar: Nice! 8) That definitely gives me a few more words to work with! I'm also particularly drawn to Heirs and Graces, but perhaps that's just because I enjoy puns. :lol: It's a good one! :D It might work. I'll think about it some more.

@Mad_Scientist: It's all good! Those are all better than the things I could come up with. Titles are not my specialty! That being said, there won't be a lot of fancy balls or parties going on in the story. Marcel will be interacting with various nobles, but only because they're visiting the manor for a reason I haven't said yet. Not a lot of fancy courtly things going on really which might bum some people out, but there it is. :? Thanks for the suggestions though. I really appreciate it! And who knows? Maybe I'll be able to work your suggestions in somehow anyway!

Mad_Scientist
Regular
Completed: Bipedal Bunny From The Moon With A Machine Gun And Helicopter Backpack Dating Sim
Projects: Summer in Trigue, Darling Shoujo Imoutohotep, The Five Figures, Unseen

#6 Post by Mad_Scientist »

SilverHyena wrote:about it some more.

@Mad_Scientist: It's all good! Those are all better than the things I could come up with. Titles are not my specialty! That being said, there won't be a lot of fancy balls or parties going on in the story. Marcel will be interacting with various nobles, but only because they're visiting the manor for a reason I haven't said yet. Not a lot of fancy courtly things going on really which might bum some people out, but there it is. :? Thanks for the suggestions though. I really appreciate it! And who knows? Maybe I'll be able to work your suggestions in somehow anyway!
No prob. I was just trying to think of other pun-related titles, and that's what came to mind right now. But I really like Heirs and Graces too.
Check out the demo of Darling Shoujo Imoutohotep, my mummy VN. Cause haven't you always wanted to play a Pharaoh in love with his mummy little sister? Oh, you haven't always wanted that? Uh... well... if you check it out anyways, I'll be happy. (Cannot guarantee your happiness though).
You can follow me on twitter at:
@MadNovelist212 My "official" account, follow for updates.
@MadScientist212 My personal account. Beware, I tend to babble.

SilverHyena
Veteran

#7 Post by SilverHyena »

Mad_Scientist wrote:No prob. I was just trying to think of other pun-related titles, and that's what came to mind right now. But I really like Heirs and Graces too.
For sure! Pun related titles are a lot of fun! :mrgreen: And they would have been perfect if the story centered more around court affairs!

peapodprincess
Regular

#8 Post by peapodprincess »

How about:
The Sandor Succession
Succeed to Succeed (to use two meanings of the same word)

I couldn't remember any of the others that I thought up for you yesterday, but I'm sure they'll come in time.

SilverHyena
Veteran

#9 Post by SilverHyena »

Thanks a ton for taking the time to think up some titles! I like them! And yay for more puns!