Yuri Dating Sim Title Feedback/Suggestions

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
Mad_Scientist
Regular
Completed: Bipedal Bunny From The Moon With A Machine Gun And Helicopter Backpack Dating Sim
Projects: Summer in Trigue, Darling Shoujo Imoutohotep, The Five Figures, Unseen

Yuri Dating Sim Title Feedback/Suggestions

#1 Post by Mad_Scientist »

Hi again!

I'm posting this thread here, because, uh, that's where SilverHyena put her similar thread about the BL game, so blame her if it's the wrong place! :D

Anyways... I am working with Winter Wolves on the "untitled yuri dating sim" that's been mentioned a few places in the Winter Wolves forum and on twitter (such as this thread on the Winter Wolves forum)

Well, hopefully that "untitled" part will be changing soon. We have some ideas for the name, and would like to get some feedback. So first, a brief description of the premise:

The game stars Sybil, a young woman who is very much looking forward to going on a nice two week vacation on a beautiful island (think something similar to Hawaii, but fictional) with her girlfriend Liz. Unfortunately, she arrives home from work early one day and finds Liz in bed with another woman. Hurt by what happened, Sybil decides to go on the trip by herself, thinking maybe it will help take her mind off of what Liz did.

Unfortunately, things don't go quite as planned, and a strange set of circumstances results in Sybil ending up stuck on the island and forced to spend the Summer there. While there, she we encounter quite a few interesting people, and perhaps make some new friends. And maybe she can find more than just friendship with one of the people she meets.

My hope is to blend a mixture of humorous and serious elements together, and create a game that will at times make you laugh, at times make you sad, at times warm your heart. (That's my hope at least, wish me luck!)

So, with that said, title time. We talked about a few titles and there are two we like the most so far. "Fly Away" and "Summer Sojourn." Fly Away fits because Sybil quite literally flies away from her home at the start of the game, and also escapes (though not intentionally) from her daily routine and life. I also like Summer Sojourn because it describes the game well (Sybil spends a Summer on the island), has a unique sound, nicely contrasts with the name Winter Wolves, and is alliterative.

But enough of what I think! What do you think? Which, if either, do you prefer? Do you have any ideas or suggestions for something different?

Also, if you would be willing to vote in the poll here, I'd appreciate it.
Check out the demo of Darling Shoujo Imoutohotep, my mummy VN. Cause haven't you always wanted to play a Pharaoh in love with his mummy little sister? Oh, you haven't always wanted that? Uh... well... if you check it out anyways, I'll be happy. (Cannot guarantee your happiness though).
You can follow me on twitter at:
@MadNovelist212 My "official" account, follow for updates.
@MadScientist212 My personal account. Beware, I tend to babble.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Yuri Dating Sim Title Feedback/Suggestions

#2 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks for posting. So finally I can put a name to this game :mrgreen:
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Lexer

#3 Post by Lexer »

Fly Away and Summer Sojourn sound a little generic to be honest.

Maybe lean towards the humorous bits more? We dunno anything about the island's population so maybe start there?

ArachneJericho
Regular
Projects: Kaguya Hime
Tumblr: mousedeerproductions

#4 Post by ArachneJericho »

I would like to know a little more before voting for a title, or making suggestions for another title.

Mad_Scientist
Regular
Completed: Bipedal Bunny From The Moon With A Machine Gun And Helicopter Backpack Dating Sim
Projects: Summer in Trigue, Darling Shoujo Imoutohotep, The Five Figures, Unseen

#5 Post by Mad_Scientist »

Lexer wrote:Fly Away and Summer Sojourn sound a little generic to be honest.

Maybe lean towards the humorous bits more? We dunno anything about the island's population so maybe start there?
I agree actually, and there are a couple new titles we're considering now (well technically three) that are less vague and also more humorous. Poll has been updated.
Ok, first of all, thanks for the feedback and suggestions. We've talked and brainstormed a bit, and have a few name ideas that we like better than either of the original ideas.

There is "Summer in Trigue", in which case the island would be named Trigue. (Inspired by a similar idea from feedback). What can I say, I like puns and will not apologize for that fact :P

The other options are "I Can't Get Away From My Romantic Getaway", and the variation that also has the word "Island" in it. Not quite a pun, but still wordplay.

Please note that I've set this new poll to allow you to vote twice, so that in addition to voting for which title you like best, you can also vote for whether you think Island should be in the second title.
ArachneJericho wrote:I would like to know a little more before voting for a title, or making suggestions for another title.
Is there anything specific you'd like to know about?
Check out the demo of Darling Shoujo Imoutohotep, my mummy VN. Cause haven't you always wanted to play a Pharaoh in love with his mummy little sister? Oh, you haven't always wanted that? Uh... well... if you check it out anyways, I'll be happy. (Cannot guarantee your happiness though).
You can follow me on twitter at:
@MadNovelist212 My "official" account, follow for updates.
@MadScientist212 My personal account. Beware, I tend to babble.

ArachneJericho
Regular
Projects: Kaguya Hime
Tumblr: mousedeerproductions

#6 Post by ArachneJericho »

Mad_Scientist wrote:
ArachneJericho wrote:I would like to know a little more before voting for a title, or making suggestions for another title.
Is there anything specific you'd like to know about?
Not at this time! The title Summer In Trigue really says it all :D

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#7 Post by jack_norton »

Yeah haha seems to be the most popular. I like it myself too :D
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games