What concepts are consistent through your writing?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

Re: What concepts are consistent through your writing?

#16 Post by Hijiri »

Typical themes for me are:
-Survival (Just read the synopsis of my current works and you could see that immediately)
-Morality (More the grey aspects. Like, there's a clear antagonist and protagonist in my stories but there isn't too much difference between sides.)
-Religion (This is moreso in Judgment since one of the main characters is rather devoted to his religion. It ties in with morality since I try not to say outright whether religion is bad or not, I simply portray the positive and negative aspects of it and let the reader reach their own conclusion.)
-Love (Yes, in all the killing and suffering I do focus a bit on love. Mainly how love can inspire someone to do great things as well as commit horrible actions. And its not just romantic love, platonic and familial love can do a lot too.)
-Fatherhood (I include several father figures. Granted, this may just be me expunging my own daddy issues into fiction.)
-Bisexuality (Excluding Death Rule: lost code and a couple of other works, all my main protagonists (Ex. Thomas and Devon) are bisexual. This, of course, may be me writing out some of my own experiences)
-Eventual Reward (Despite all the suffering and anguish I put my characters through, I always make sure that once everything is said and done, they reach a better place than they were when things started. Because no one really likes a shoot the shaggy-dog story.)
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Deshtat
Regular
Completed: Propel Man ; Galaxy Run
Projects: Reboot
Organization: None yet :/

#17 Post by Deshtat »

Might be weird to say, but :

- Hope.
- Spirituality.
- Feminism.
- Whiskey.

It is vague enough for many stories x)

somestrangecircus
Regular
Completed: Palette Swap (NaNo 2016)
Projects: Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop
Organization: Some Strange Circus
Tumblr: somestrangecircus
Deviantart: somestrangecircus

#18 Post by somestrangecircus »

I write very depressing things usually. I've always found it phenomenally easier to write sad things than happy things. This is probably influenced by the fact that I'm a rather depressed person.

Thinking back to my poetry as well as the games I've released and am working on, loneliness specifically seems to be something that crops up a lot.