~Nakajo! Soundtrack Discussion/Critique

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
ViRiX Dreamcore
Regular
Projects: Lost Girl

Re: ~Nakajo! Soundtrack Discussion/Critique

#16 Post by ViRiX Dreamcore »

Alright, send me a message with any specifics. If there are none, I'll just get you a song and PM you by Thursday.

And wow that's pretty cool. Makes sence to have the song be named Siren then.
Music and sound effects
SoundCloud | YouTube | Facebook
Free SFX and music
OpenGameArt
Let me know if you'd like some help.

ViRiX Dreamcore
Regular
Projects: Lost Girl

#17 Post by ViRiX Dreamcore »

Sent you something, lemme know what you think.
Music and sound effects
SoundCloud | YouTube | Facebook
Free SFX and music
OpenGameArt
Let me know if you'd like some help.

curseofmight
Projects: Nakajo | Halloween Otome | Reminiscence | Reckoning | Among The Distant Stars

#18 Post by curseofmight »

Composer #2 here! I made Siren, Moonlit Skies, Daytime and Slow Steps and still working on more! I just wanted to get some suggestions from as many people as possible for a type of "sound" to go for because I've never done a soundtrack for something like this. I've been listening to a lot of Katawa Shoujo but I was wondering if there are some more VNs I can play and learn from that are similar to Nakajo. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! :D

Here's my personal Soundcloud as well: https://soundcloud.com/tyler-thompson-audio

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#19 Post by Kato »

curseofmight wrote:I was wondering if there are some more VNs I can play and learn from that are similar to Nakajo.
A good example I've found on the forum is Samu-kun's Novel Homeward - One Story or if you're 18+ the original Homeward. Since the idea of a Nakige, like Nakajo, is to leave the player with a sense of emotion, Homeward would be a good choice to play through since it's not too long, the music is great and just because it's a great novel!

There are plenty of Nakige's around though. A quick trip to VNDB under the Nakige tag will prove fruitful.
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

curseofmight
Projects: Nakajo | Halloween Otome | Reminiscence | Reckoning | Among The Distant Stars

#20 Post by curseofmight »

Kato wrote:
There are plenty of Nakige's around though. A quick trip to VNDB under the Nakige tag will prove fruitful.

Thanks! I'm pretty new to this but I'll play more and more to get more acquainted with them :)

curseofmight

#21 Post by curseofmight »

ViRiX Dreamcore wrote: I like slowstep. It has a soft rock/asian feel to it and that's pretty awesome. Love those guitars.
thank you! exactly what I was going for! :)

Lachez
Regular
Projects: Nakajo

#22 Post by Lachez »

Hey everyone, it's been a while. I've been kept busy over the summer but that hasn't stopped development too much.
I added a new track from our composer Jason Walsh, that is to be the opening song. Check it out!

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#23 Post by Kato »

Hadn't heard from you in so long I started to get worried! Will definitely check it out when I get to a computer.
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Lachez
Regular

#24 Post by Lachez »

Kato wrote:Hadn't heard from you in so long I started to get worried! Will definitely check it out when I get to a computer.
Yeah i was kinda in a financial rut throughout the summer with my living arrangement but everything is going fine now :) I got money and am able to work the project more again.

Lachez
Regular

#25 Post by Lachez »

Haven't posted in a while so I thought that I might as well throw something up! Added Take Me Back under Novascotia.