Ryu-Gi's Voice Acting Demo Reel 2013

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
Ryu-Gi
Regular

Ryu-Gi's Voice Acting Demo Reel 2013

#1 Post by Ryu-Gi »

Hey, everyone. I recently decided to try my hand at voice acting, please tell me what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHgOWyuZuGQ
Feeling much better lately!

Now working on: "Nekomimi in Boots"
Finished Games: "A Date with Markiplier: The Game"

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

Re: Ryu-Gi's Voice Acting Demo Reel 2013

#2 Post by merdeamour »

I'm not a pro or anything, but this is what I observed...In some parts, I couldn't clearly hear what you were saying, but your voice IS great! I laughed when I heard the old man's voice, and the last piece you did featured the clearest voice (I understood everything you were saying then). (:
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Samantha Chan
Regular
Projects: Project Dualis; ACE Academy; One Leaf Clover; Seduce Me; Maid with Perfection; Cafe Memoria; Asagao Academy; The Reject Demon: Toko

#3 Post by Samantha Chan »

There were some parts where your words were a bit slurred, so watch out for that when recording again in the future. Also, you have interesting voices and accents, but what it lacked was a range of emotions. A demo is meant to showcase your range of voices and emotions. If a producer listened to your demo reel and wanted to cast you in their project, they would have no indicator as to how well you can emote or if you'd be able to portray that character's emotions properly.

One more thing for the future: in demo reels, a clip for each voice should be very short, about 5-7 seconds long. This is to allow for as many voices to fit within the 1 minute to 1 minute 30 second time frame that you have. It also keeps the listener (which could be a producer) from getting bored too quickly of a voice.

I hope this feedback helps ! You're off to a great start, so just keep practicing with emotions and such.
Voice Actress // Writer
Youtube | Resume

TLAOlt
Regular

#4 Post by TLAOlt »

OH GOD.... I had to listen to it about 4 times because I couldn't stop laughing hard enough to take it seriously. I love the old man... that caught my attention right there.

Given, there was some slurring here and there and you were a little flat like the others said, but I didn't really hear anything so bad that you couldn't act for a VN... and you definitely require a humorous character.

Good luck! ^__^ Whoever gets to work with you won't be disappointed!
~TLA