Import Videos? :/

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
~Kayley
Projects: Dead Chivalry

Import Videos? :/

#1 Post by ~Kayley »

Hello!
I'm sorry if this is on the wrong thing, but I wasn't really sure where it would go . . . ><
Anyway, I have made a video for my VN using Windows Live Movie Maker, but have no idea how to import it. (I'm using Novelty) Sorry, but does anyone know how? :(

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Import Videos? :/

#2 Post by fleet »

~Kayley wrote:Hello!
I'm sorry if this is on the wrong thing, but I wasn't really sure where it would go . . . ><
Anyway, I have made a video for my VN using Windows Live Movie Maker, but have no idea how to import it. (I'm using Novelty) Sorry, but does anyone know how? :(

Copy the movie file into your Novelty Assets folder.
On the page where you want to play the video, right-mouse click to create a new object, then select video object from the pop up window.
From the Action catalog, select Play Video.
In the Property Inspector block, select the movei file that you copied into the Novelty Assets folder.
From the Action catalog, select fade object.
In the Property Inspector block, select the video object, and make sure Fade In is the default.

Most folks here use Ren'py. There's nothing wrong about asking a question about Novelty here, but Novelty has a separate forum with friendly folks willing to help. You can find the Novelty forum at http://www.visualnovelty.com/forum/
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

~Kayley
Projects: Dead Chivalry

#3 Post by ~Kayley »

Thank you :)
Though my main issue is that the Windows Movie Maker saves the videos at MMP (Movie Maker Project) which is a format that Novelty won't recognize, and I can't find a way to export the videos or save them as a different format.

Ah, thank you! I'll go check that out. :)

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#4 Post by fleet »

~Kayley wrote:Thank you :)
Though my main issue is that the Windows Movie Maker saves the videos at MMP (Movie Maker Project) which is a format that Novelty won't recognize, and I can't find a way to export the videos or save them as a different format.

Ah, thank you! I'll go check that out. :)

In Windows Movie maker, do NOT save the project. Instead, select Save Movie, and in the side menu, select For Computer.
For the Save as type, select the wmv format. I don't think MP4 will work in Novelty.

Save the movie file into your Novelty Assets folder.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.