Main Menu Music Not Playing -- For All Projects

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
outae

Main Menu Music Not Playing -- For All Projects

#1 Post by outae »

I created an account for this question so I'd be very grateful with some help!

No matter what I do the game music doesn't seem to play. This happens also with the tutorial and The Question examples.

I've tried getting rid of the # character with no luck. I can't seem to find the solution anywhere.

Thanks in advance

(I hope I entered this topic in the right section)

EDIT: by game music I mean main menu music. The in game music works just fine.

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

Re: Main Menu Music Not Playing -- For All Projects

#2 Post by Asceai »

I don't think either the tutorial or The Question have main menu music by default, so do you mean you edited those games and couldn't get them to play music?

Just to test things out, edit The Question's 'options.rpy' and change the main_menu_music line to:

Code: Select all

config.main_menu_music = "illurock.ogg"
and see if that works. The only other thing I can think of that would cause in-game music to play but not main menu music is that something else is overriding main_menu_music.

outae

#3 Post by outae »

Asceai wrote: Just to test things out, edit The Question's 'options.rpy' and change the main_menu_music line to:

Code: Select all

config.main_menu_music = "illurock.ogg"
and see if that works. The only other thing I can think of that would cause in-game music to play but not main menu music is that something else is overriding main_menu_music.

Thanks for your reply. I've seen your username around this forum and you're very helpful :) Unfortunately I've already done that with no luck.

edit: Also, this is a new project. Nothing else has been added to override the main_menu_music

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#4 Post by Asceai »

In that case, sorry, I've no idea. The reason I specifically picked The Question and illurock.ogg is because I know that song is definitely present, so there's not going to be any path issues or anything like that involved. If that line doesn't work but music does work.. yeah, I'm out. This is a question for PyTom.

outae

#5 Post by outae »

Asceai wrote:In that case, sorry, I've no idea. The reason I specifically picked The Question and illurock.ogg is because I know that song is definitely present, so there's not going to be any path issues or anything like that involved. If that line doesn't work but music does work.. yeah, I'm out. This is a question for PyTom.
Thank you so much for your help anyway, friend : )