theme songs with Japanese vocals

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
LeetMusic
Veteran
Completed: Cursed Lands, Roommates, Wildfire: Ticket To Rock, Seeds Of Chaos
Projects: LeetStreet Boys, Paladin Dream, Murder Is Game Over

theme songs with Japanese vocals

#1 Post by LeetMusic »

It's been really great working on anime and Japan-inspired theme songs for a number of developers on this forum. Thank you for your business and I'm doing my best to excel in this area. :)

I've seen a number of forum posts about songs with Japanese vocals and I've thought about offering this as a service, since I have connections to Japanese singers through my experiences in the video game industry and anime conventions. My thought was that I could produce a song with English vocals, and then also rewrite the lyrics in Japanese to make 2 versions of the song with the same music.

I recently talked with a Japanese singer and trustworthy colleague from a Japanese talent agency about this idea. It sounds like this could be done for a reasonable amount of money in scale with the work I'm doing already. I would work with them at my studio or closely oversee the recording to ensure quality control. I was thinking about doing one song like this as a demo to prove that we can hit the quality bar, but I wanted to try and gauge general interest first.

If I could do what I've described and assume the risk of making a demo first, is there anyone who might be interested in this for their project?

Roganis
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous
Projects: Milk
Organization: Traumendes Mädchen

Re: theme songs with Japanese vocals

#2 Post by Roganis »

One nice way of having nice vocals in a cheap way is to make use of the Vocaloid system. Vocaloid's a pain to make work with most of the DAWs because YAMAHA has its own coding point of view, but you can try for instance Aquestone2 that gives you a way to get a quite sounding vocaloid in your DAW. And it's free! (I don't know until when though)
Composer of the team. Music is magic.
If you got interested, go see my stuff at my Workshop.