I need suggestions for my creative commons pack I'm creating

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
Github: lunalucid
Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
itch: lunalucid

I need suggestions for my creative commons pack I'm creating

#1 Post by namastaii »

I just started a bgm pack/album meant for creative commons which will be free to use, for free and commercial projects. I'm throwing in some random melodies here and there. Each song will be available in three instruments (the plugin sound or preset) and the songs will all be fairly simple and loopable. I'm planning to give a ton to choose from but everything will be really simple, like I said. All melodies and chord progressions will be unique, however. I have no problem creating good progressions.

I tend to lean toward dramatic sounding melodies or even melancholic sounding. I'll try to balance it out as much as I can but I'd love to hear anyone's input on different moods to try to match some of these songs to. Something that sounds really upbeat and playful? Something that sounds spooky? Could you even give specific examples like scenes where a melody could be used in?

Thank you for your input and I hope to upload these soon for you guys to use, if you'd like.

renoa-heartilly
Regular
Completed: مقهى الضائعون, Arabic Translations for Ren'py, Pretty Please
Projects: حور, BB project, dentist drama
Organization: stanza studio (creative circle)

Re: I need suggestions for my creative commons pack I'm crea

#2 Post by renoa-heartilly »

hello!
thank you for considering a creative commons package!
what i find i mostly need is a mellow tune for the title screen, or like ending credits or when the time in the game changes and the character goes home etc
and also super short transition music between scenes, for example moving from one location to the other with a scene card in between "meanwhile in the next room" or "two hours later"

i guess a few jingles we can use as doorbells or phone ring tone or email notification will be great! (although as a creative commons asset, maybe companies will use them for their products as well)
thank you and good luck!

namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
Github: lunalucid
Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
itch: lunalucid

#3 Post by namastaii »

Thank you. These are great ideas.

citizen6350
Organization: Order of Chaos
Github: keless

#4 Post by citizen6350 »

I could definitely use something spooky soon-- a couple of examples:

The character is going slightly insane (chanting in the background, maybe a child's tune with a few off-notes)

The character just saw something horrible/fought a monster, and is now in denial that anything happened. (actually your Calamity might work for this one!)

:mrgreen: