kyakyakyu wants to ask about voice acting and instrumental!

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
tamacitas
Regular

kyakyakyu wants to ask about voice acting and instrumental!

#1 Post by tamacitas »

It's kyakyakyu! o3o)/

So I got some questions.

I kinda love this voice right now.
Listen.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s09xBYf45z9t
I forgot which thread has the application of a fairy prince, and I almost wanted to PM this to the author.
So, what do you think about that sound? And what should I improve in voice acting in any aspects (such as recording itself, the script, the voice)?

And below is an instrumental.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0W4iOA2dNzR
1) I was planning this for UTAU's original song (if you don't know what's UTAU, google it. It's a powerful resource for sound engineering, actually), but what do you think? Is it best if it's a standalone instrumental instead of a song's instrumental?
2) I render it in FL Studio. Any VSTs or plugins recommended to replace the default piano, or is this enough?
3) Do you composers tend to create instrumental all on desktop?
4) I noticed something missing when I hear this music, but I can't figure it out QvQ Critiques, comments, and suggestions will be very helpful for me to notice the missing piece!

I think that's all (owo)

yuzukimasu

Re: kyakyakyu wants to ask about voice acting and instrument

#2 Post by yuzukimasu »

1. i'm working on an utau original right now, what a coincidence! i think the piece sounds better as instrumental but i'm biased, since that's my primary area
2. you can make good piano pieces with just piano, but accenting it with other instruments can help. eventually you will need to get more instruments anyway
3. it depends, a lot of amateur musicians use VSTs because it's more cost-efficient. high end composers can afford to have real orchestras play their pieces. for EDM producers, their work is all on the desktop, and rock/guitar producers can mix between recording their guitar + bass and using VSTs to fill the rest (keyboard, strings, drums)
4. it's very bare right now, i would start with some EQ and add a bit of reverb. more instruments would help accent it, such as a violin!

tamacitas
Regular

Re: kyakyakyu wants to ask about voice acting and instrument

#3 Post by tamacitas »

Thank you for the comment, yuzukimasu! ovo I really appreciate it.