Hidden in Spring [2012]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

Hidden in Spring [2012]

#1 Post by silenteve »

Hidden in Spring
(Name is not definite D:)
[I'm probably getting ahead of myself with this game but I can't help it! Once I heard about NaNoReNo, I decided that I had to do it, no matter how much of a noob I was! (This is also a way for me to procrastinate and get over my writer's block for my own game :lol: ) Bear with me; Even when the game is finished, I think that my ragtag team will continue to develop it further so this may not be the end! If that happens, there will be different outcomes for the game and it will no longer be a Kinetic novel. Hopefully, we'll be able to finish this within the allotted time!]

The Lovely Workforce:
Main Writer : Silenteve
Co-Writer : Raindrops
Programmer/GUI Designer : Anarchy
Sprite Artist/GUI Designer : Alwerien
Main Composer : Ziassan

[All other resources will be free ^^ The game itself is also free!]

Basic Info: [Shojo-Ai/Yuri][KN][PG]
"I wonder how long it's been since I've known you..."
Spring break has just begun for Kari Saitou and the most important part of her agenda this vacation is to spend as much time having fun with her best friends! Not everything will go as planned though: As time goes by, things become less and less about having a good break but more about the secrets that revolve their friendship. Secrets unearth, hearts are placed in jeopardy, and their seemingly peaceful friendship unravel to the seams. How will spring break end?

[Yeah, so I'm $#!+ at writing synopses but don't worry, it's a great story (or so I'm told :p)]

Characters:
Kari Saitou:[Playable][Main Character]
A drawing of Kari by the artist :) She will not appear in the game, except in specific scenes.
A drawing of Kari by the artist :) She will not appear in the game, except in specific scenes.
kari.png (37.52 KiB) Viewed 5424 times
Age 16; A sincere, reliable individual, Kari is the string that ties the group together and keeps everyone as sane as possible. She holds a secret within her that's waiting to burst.

Yayoi Matsuyama:
Age 16; Bouncy, unpredictable and blindingly cheerful, Yayoi really wakes up this group with her exuberance! Though she doesn't always seem like it, she thinks about her friends a lot more than herself.

Kazuki Riina:
Age 16; A mature, and easily exasperated young lady, Kazuki is the "mother" of the group. Though sometimes known to be very blunt, she always takes care of her friends. She's very perceptive about other people, but is often oblivious to her own heart.

Haru Oonishi:
Age 16; A top class idiot, he's the group's "pet", seeing as how he's the only male in their group. He enjoys going along with Yayoi's far-fetched plans and likes to make people laugh and have fun. A carefree, simple person, who relies on his feelings and intuition.

[Will update occasionally (since I'll be spending lots of time on the game and perfecting it ^^)]

At the moment, here's what we've got of the script :

Code: Select all

Ren'Py 6.13.8.1675 lint report, generated at: Sat Mar 03 22:17:23 2012

Statistics:

The game contains 515 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 4,152 words,
for an average of 8.1 words per screen.
The game contains 0 menus.
Sprite/GUI updates will be coming soon!
Last edited by silenteve on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: My Spring Secret [2012]

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

A yuri game with all characters age 14? And PG? I'm not really sure how yuri, borderline loli and a PG rating would go together... then again, if this is more about friendship than about steady romantic relationships, it could work.

You're doing something that will be immensely difficult to pull off, though. Good luck!
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#3 Post by silenteve »

I figured you were right so I changed the ages to be older; It's not exactly Yuri though, more shojo-ai :p
It's about friendships and relationships; A light-hearted sort of story that takes a depressing turn. I'm not quite sure how it will turn out actually 0-0
We're a bit of a messy group at the moment; Different timezones and schedules and whatnot...
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

silenteve
Veteran

#4 Post by silenteve »

Random Sketch update!~
Random Sketch update!~
kari.png (37.52 KiB) Viewed 5423 times
A little sprite sketch of Kari :) The others will be on their way ^^

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#5 Post by LVUER »

Don't worry about the age. You could always the 4th wall-breaking technique, like: "All characters in this game, NO MATTER HOW YOUNG THEY LOOKS LIKE (or they claim to be), are 18 years and older." ;P

In fact, I'm going to use that in all my games (since they're all going to be loli games)...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#6 Post by Anarchy »

Well, it's not like this is a hentai game, so I hardly think age matters. :P

Raindrops
Regular
Projects: My Secret Spring (Co-writer & Proofreader), [Secret]

Re: Hidden in Spring [2012]

#7 Post by Raindrops »

Oh yeah! It's official!
Hi, I'm the co-writer Raindrops, and this'll be my first KN ^^ I look forward to working with everyone and I hope that everyone can happily anticipate the release of this!
Age-wise, I think it doesn't matter as much since this is more about the portrayal of friendship with a slice of life romance in it - definitely something of PG, if not U, material!
I'll be working on this and helping with posting updates now and then! Until then, tarrah! *waves*
TOPofBB
All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name.
- Andre Breton

silenteve
Veteran

#8 Post by silenteve »

Ren'Py 6.13.8.1675 lint report, generated at: Sat Mar 03 22:17:23 2012

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 515 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 4,152 words,
for an average of 8.1 words per screen.
The game contains 0 menus.
So yeah, update on production.

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#9 Post by Kura »

I'm really excited about this game! Friendship-focused teenage romance sounds like it should be sweet and lovely and wonderful--actually, really, I just love the idea of a romantic game that nonetheless has its focus on friendship. And the fact that it's yuri can only make things more interesting~

I'm very curious about how the fact that it's GxG will play into things and whether it will be directly addressed.
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

silenteve
Veteran

#10 Post by silenteve »

Kura wrote:I'm really excited about this game! Friendship-focused teenage romance sounds like it should be sweet and lovely and wonderful--actually, really, I just love the idea of a romantic game that nonetheless has its focus on friendship. And the fact that it's yuri can only make things more interesting~

I'm very curious about how the fact that it's GxG will play into things and whether it will be directly addressed.
Thanks ^^ I think the friendship factor is pretty important because the main character will need the help of her friends a lot throughout the game;

I wanted to make a GxG game because I was sad that there weren't that many of them :( But the idea had been floating around in my head for awhile now. Hopefully, it'll go over well :mrgreen:

Raindrops
Regular

#11 Post by Raindrops »

Day 1 and Day 2 of the script have been proofread and looked over :3
TOPofBB
- Andre Breton

#12 Post by Guest »

Raindrops wrote:Day 1 and Day 2 of the script have been proofread and looked over :3
Thanks Rain :) I don't know if I'll be on for the next few days.
I have some trouble at the moment and I'm really not sure right now...
I'll get back to you on that as soon as I can.

- silenteve -

Raindrops
Regular

#13 Post by Raindrops »

Day 3 has been proofread (well, half of Day 3 since eve is still working on the other half ^^)
TOPofBB
- Andre Breton

Ziassan
Veteran

#14 Post by Ziassan »

Any new about this ? I'd be glad to read a VN for which I composed ahah.

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#15 Post by Anarchy »

I think the team's decided to finish the project up later on their own time, haha... :D