What Do You See? [Otome][School Life][Mystery][NaNo13]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
sorani
Veteran

What Do You See? [Otome][School Life][Mystery][NaNo13]

#1 Post by sorani »

Synopsis:
Otome (Name is player changeable) is a regular sixteen year old girl who has nothing to do in her life other than swooning over hot guys. However, one day, there was a rumor that spoke of a red-eyed demon being seen carrying people away. Otome, fearless of being the cat killed by curiosity, could not resist the urge to explore the rumor more. Life doesn't seem to be going her way as a hot guy appears in front of her as she researches the mystery. How will she balance solving the mystery and her love life?

Characters:

Otome:
The ever-so curious protagonist who gets herself caught in a problem situation when she decides to follow the red-eyed demon to his evil lair. Aside from the mystery which she can't veer away from, Otome lives a life as a nice and happy girl. She lives life to the fullest as an individual rather than a dependent, meaning she makes her own choices and sticks with them to the end. She's optimistic regardless of how bad things seem to be, and she's popular with her friends because of that. Sadly, she doesn't get as many hot guys as she does confessions from her fellow female classmates.

You can chase after four love interests:

Ayumu:
Otome's childhood friend. He's really easy to see through, but don't say that to his face, as he prefers to act tough. He cares for Otome, but his actions lie between the line of a family member and a friend; hopefully it will cross that line someday. Otome can always finds him in basketball gym shooting baskets. He fails at it though. Aside from his failing basketball skills, he is a fan of visual kei, as shown with his dyed hair. He has many hobbies, from art to sports, becoming a jack of all trades and a master at none. While Ayumu is hard working, he has commitment issues for just one hobby.

Aoi:
Otome's underclassmen, who's always quiet and shy when she greets him in the hallway. He first met Otome when she bumped into him in that same hallway. He acts very polite when he does speak and dresses fairly formally all of the time. Recently, he has been avoiding her. He's secretly a popular dancer online. The videos he posts of him dancing often takes place in this park, which is popular with other dancers. Aoi is rather fond of his popularity, enough that he lets it get to his head sometimes.

Akane:
Otome's upperclassmen. He is a super delinquent as he proclaims himself to be due to his streak of rebellions. His hair has been dyed to further improve his delinquent image. His overall personality is just all brawn and no brain. Originally part of the basketball team, but he was kicked off because of a fight he didn't start. He has a complex with his name, having been previously bullied due the femininity of “Akane”. But, he has toughened from that experience, so much that he became a delinquent. Even with that bad boy image, he secretly strives to be a hairdresser.
ScottySeng typed this for me XD: He states that he's better at basketball than Ayumu, though he's no longer on the basketball team. Well, actually he says anyone is better than Ayumu, even Otome. Strangely enough, he wants to be a hair dresser. Perhaps it's because hair is something that won't insult his name or maybe there's a certain girl he wants to cut hair for?
Kurogane:
Otome's teacher who is not a teacher. He probably would prefer being a NEET over being a teacher and is rather laid back with everything because of that. He's also pretty laid back about how he looks, as he just slaps on whatever casual wear he has. He's a teacher because his father is the current principal and blackmailed him into becoming one. He admits it sucks being pushed to being a teacher, so he agrees his teaching should suck equally as much.

Staff:
Art/Writing/Coding: Sorani
Coding/Writing/Editor: ScottySeng
BGM: TheTwinsCompositions
Last edited by sorani on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ScottySeng
Regular
Completed: May-Chan
Projects: Fairy Tale, What do you see

Re: What Do You See? [GxB][School Life][Mystery][NaNo13]

#2 Post by ScottySeng »

Looking forward to getting this otome project done. :)

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#3 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Um, I have a question *raise hand* :mrgreen:
Is the MC blind? Or do you draw her like that to get more of the "what do you see?" feeling? or...did you forget to add her eyes?...:O)
Anyway, I'm looking forward to this, the story is interesting, and I love how you named the MC "Otome" in an otome game :lol:

ScottySeng
Regular
Completed: May-Chan
Projects: Fairy Tale, What do you see

#4 Post by ScottySeng »

The MC is not blind. That's intentional. It's a parody of the "eyeless" MCs in both otome and eroge games.

Thanks for the comments. Credit to Sorani for the lovely names.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#5 Post by TsukiShima »

*gasps* This sounds really nice!
By far I'm already liking Kurogane! And seeing the eyeless MC almost scared me too! xD

Good luck!

sorani
Veteran

#6 Post by sorani »

Hahaha, Sorry if the eyeless protagonist scared you XD
But, yeah, the eyeless part is connected with the title and it's actually a major plot point of the story~
Just wait and see, this "otome" game is more than it seems.

And here's a lint OTL
I took the whole day to start writing and only managed this much, I have a lot of writing to cover at this point >n>
Statistics:

The game contains 121 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 1,103 words,
for an average of 9.1 words per screen.
The game contains 0 menus.

Aines445
Regular

#7 Post by Aines445 »

sorani wrote:Hahaha, Sorry if the eyeless protagonist scared you XD
But, yeah, the eyeless part is connected with the title and it's actually a major plot point of the story~
Then I was the only one that actually assumed that it was a parody of the eyeless protagonist (Wow and I even laughed at her while it scared others, I must be really weird XD). I really want to play this now, I'm so curious! What secrets does this story hold?! I really want to know. I like the art and I'm looking forward to this! (There are so many good games being made, I want to play them alllllll!!!!! XD)

sorani
Veteran

#8 Post by sorani »

Aines445 wrote:
sorani wrote:Hahaha, Sorry if the eyeless protagonist scared you XD
Then I was the only one that actually assumed that it was a parody of the eyeless protagonist (Wow and I even laughed at her while it scared others, I must be really weird XD). I really want to play this now, I'm so curious! What secrets does this story hold?! I really want to know. I like the art and I'm looking forward to this! (There are so many good games being made, I want to play them alllllll!!!!! XD)
Thanks a lot, but yeah, you're right, the eyeless part is indeed a parody, like what ScottySeng said. XD
It's just that it's not just a parody sometimes...

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by 15385bic »

omg - kurogane actually reminds me of the one from tusbasa >//-//<
tell me he's chasable ;D

sorani
Veteran

#10 Post by sorani »

15385bic wrote:omg - kurogane actually reminds me of the one from tusbasa >//-//<
tell me he's chasable ;D
XD Yes, he is very chasable lol

sorani
Veteran

Re: What Do You See? [Otome][School Life][Mystery][NaNo13]

#11 Post by sorani »

Update!
Not sure if it's good or not, but I finally finished writing the intro~
And I reached 2,500 words! Lol still not enough orz. Too bad I couldn't complete my goal of 5,000 //cries

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#12 Post by Reikun »

Great job getting to 2500 words!! :D Even though you didn't reach you goal, you've still made progress! I'm rooting for you~
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#13 Post by Tag- »

Oh man, this sounds absolutely awesome! I love that you guys are going to make her lack of eyes plot relevant. I suspected it after reading the the title, but hearing it straight from you guys is even better!

I also had a good laugh when I saw that Otome's name was actually Otome xDD

Wishing you guys the best of luck, I'm certainly rooting for you! :D
PM me if needed

sorani
Veteran

#14 Post by sorani »

I'm so sorry for the late replies DX
I was busy with my hw, it took me too long to finish and lost a whole day of progress orz
Reikun wrote:Great job getting to 2500 words!! :D Even though you didn't reach you goal, you've still made progress! I'm rooting for you~
I hope I can finish writing my whole story at this rate...OTL
Tag- wrote:Oh man, this sounds absolutely awesome! I love that you guys are going to make her lack of eyes plot relevant. I suspected it after reading the the title, but hearing it straight from you guys is even better!

I also had a good laugh when I saw that Otome's name was actually Otome xDD

Wishing you guys the best of luck, I'm certainly rooting for you! :D
I'm glad you had a good laugh XD and thanks~

I really got lazy when naming everyone lmao, the love interests are based off their names.
Ayumu is the one that isn't named by a color b/c he dyed it, but I guess it's the same for Akane...
So that means Aoi is the only with natural hair color?! lol I guess that's unrealistic lmao

sorani
Veteran

#15 Post by sorani »

Here's an update.

Right now I have around 4,700 words, finished lining Otome's sprite and base coloring.

But my problem is this right now:

I really don't like the colors for Otome's casual outfit.
Any suggestions?