MorningStar: Grand Tour [VN/SRPG,GxG,Magical Girl][NaNo2014]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
The Scribbler

Re: MorningStar: Grand Tour [VN/SRPG,GxG,Magical Girl][NaNo2

#31 Post by The Scribbler »

All characters expressions and alternative arm poses done!

Now now, time to insert a Mantis Shrimp in this game, one way or another. >:3
(And then, it's time to fight with Illustrator for the logo and game icon. I might try to dodge the rest of the UI stuff, or most of it...)

Jake
Support Hero

#32 Post by Jake »

Since the artwork for this game is nearly finished now, I thought I'd post some previews of some of the other backgrounds:

First up, the German office. The Germans had seen the French office and wanted something even more reflective:
Untitled-1.png

The Italians, on the other hand, never clean their national monuments. Seriously, the coliseum is the single grubbiest thing I have painted for this entire game:
Untitled-2.png
(It's actually not true, the Duomo in Milano is spotlessly clean even though it's been left outside, I think they scrub it down every week. Which is also bizarre.)

Lastly, in the British office, someone disturbed Julia from the ordinance survey while she was in the middle of some important work:
Untitled-3.png
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

The Scribbler

#33 Post by The Scribbler »

Finished with the conventional units' sprites too! Now it's time to wrestle with Illustrator. :/ I wish it worked like Sai's vectors... or at least that I could export Sai's vectors!
(I only inked and coloured this one, by the way, Jake did the design!)

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#34 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Another stunning looking game - amazing.

Jake
Support Hero

#35 Post by Jake »

The game isn't ready yet, but here's some screenshots:
Here is a picture of a Cornish lady being electrocuted in the face (she totally deserves it)
Here is a picture of a Cornish lady being electrocuted in the face (she totally deserves it)
Let's invade random countries! It's fun and educational! (Seriously, I had no idea a place called Thuringia existed before working on this game.)
Let's invade random countries! It's fun and educational! (Seriously, I had no idea a place called Thuringia existed before working on this game.)
Naturally all of the art was done ages ago, we're just waiting on those writers, always holding projects up, etc., etc., etc. ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found