Two Wet Leaves [Comedy/Drama] [NaNoRenO 2014]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
2dt
Regular

Re: Two Wet Leaves [Comedy/Drama] [NaNoRenO 2014]

#16 Post by 2dt »

Holy crap. Coming down to the wire. I think I can just barely make it before the deadline. Sorry for lack of updates. Too busy.

The Scribbler

#17 Post by The Scribbler »

Good to hear, I was worried something might have happened due to the lack of updates!

Good luck! I'm anticipating this one quite a bit. :)

2dt
Regular

#18 Post by 2dt »

Ah thanks for your continued interest. I was expecting typical awkward silence, considering most of the posts in this thread are my own ;)

Sadly, life kicked my ass, so I won't be able to finish the whole game as intended, and had to truncate and half-ass a lot of things. Hopefully it'll still turn out satisfactory. Suffice to say I'll have enough for a good Kickstarter demo. ;)

I'll do a more detailed report on both the status of this project and what's up with EVNE on the first, as well as set up my tumblr.

On dinner break now. Then back to work =)

The Scribbler

#19 Post by The Scribbler »

Well, if you do need help with some graphics let me know - I am fairly busy with other projects but I'm all for supporting developers with their projects, so I could find some time to squeeze some drawings in. :)

(And I really like the writing style shown, so that's a plus.)

2dt
Regular

#20 Post by 2dt »

Regrettably, I won't be able to finish by the deadline. Apologies to those who were interested. This was my first attempt at making a visual novel, so it seems one month coupled with using a newly built and incomplete engine was too ambitious. Still, a lot of good came out of it.

This project was initially supposed to be a story called "A Bunch of Wet Leaves: Stupid People and their Stupid F*cking Problems", which consisted of all the characters in this game + a bunch of others. Of course, that was WAY too ambitious for one month of work, so I wrote this small prequel, Two Wet Leaves, focusing on the two main characters.

However, throughout this month in working on this story, I have fallen so much in love with the characters and the charmingly elegant stupidity of the story that I'm sorta punching myself now for making so many cuts and compromises, only to fail to meet the deadline in the end.

Without the deadline looming over my head, I've decided I'm going to go back and take the time to give this story the polish it deserves. For those who were anxious to see it, bear with me for a little longer.

Meanwhile, I'll also be working toward completion of the EVNE engine. I'll write more about that in the thread in the coming days.

Also, The Scribbler, since you don't have a Lemmasoft account, how can I get in contact with you so I can update you on future developments? I believe you said you were following my tumblr? If so message me on tumblr so I know who you are.

#21 Post by Guest »

That's too bad.I was really looking forward to it.

The Scribbler

#22 Post by The Scribbler »

Comrade!

We're late too. ; - ;

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#23 Post by Anne »

Guest wrote:That's too bad.I was really looking forward to it.
My thoughts exactly.

Hope that knowing there're people interested will motivate you to finish it some time soon :) In any case I wish you luck with your project.

2dt
Regular

#24 Post by 2dt »

Goodness gracious now I feel really bad, I thought only a handful of people were interested since I got so few replies. Thanks for your continued interest and rest assured I will work to make it of the best quality I can. I'll create a Work in Progress thread dedicated to this project soon.

The Scribbler

#25 Post by The Scribbler »

Message sent by the way, I didn't know Tumblr does't have a Sent folder anywhere, so I have no idea if it worked or not.

Good luck!

2dt
Regular

#26 Post by 2dt »

Yeah I got it. I sent a reply. Lack of a sent messages folder has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a modern social service. This should be illegal.