█████▓▒░ UNCLE MUGEN'S FREE VN (OELVN) RESOURCES ░▒▓█████

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: █████▓▒░ UNCLE MUGEN'S FREE VN (OELVN) RESOURCES ░▒▓████

#331 Post by mugenjohncel »

Armee wrote:Really sorry for all of the trouble you went through, I hope it won't bring a lot of troubles to you.
Oh don't worry too much... I just had to sit and wait for 30 minutes till all 8 million triangles get rendered so yes, you owe me a large Starbucks Latte... just kidding, I'm in a good mood today... anyway, here's the Glorious Ricefield... also included is night version... :mrgreen:
glorious_ricefield_day.jpg
glorious_ricefield_evening.jpg
glorious_ricefield_night.jpg
The other BG with afternoon/evening version will have to wait since someone inserted two render queries while I'm distracted so yes, I wait in line for my turn... I paused his render and inserted mine... :twisted: MWAHAHAHA!!!
this_is_the_same_farm_as_previous_farm_except_different_time_of_day.jpg
Juneberry wrote:Wait, can I call you uncle too? Just to make sure.
Of course... :D

"POOF" (Disappears)

Dragonstar89
Regular
Projects: TBA
Organization: Self
IRC Nick: dstar89
Deviantart: senpai-jake

#332 Post by Dragonstar89 »

Uncle Mugen; when you get the chance could you possibly look into making a school kitchen that goes with your other school backgrounds? Sorry to fill your forum with so many requests, but if I could find a good school-kitchen bg, the background art of my game would most likely be 99.9% complete.

Thanks in advance! :D
Beginning pre-production work on a project in Renpy. After being away for 5 years, it's time to get back in the game 8)

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#333 Post by noeinan »

Those are some absolutely gorgeous fields, Uncle Mugen! :3

Armee
Veteran

#334 Post by Armee »

Ah, thank you so much!!!!!!!!! I can't even thank you enough! This is just too wonderful! About that Starbucks, may be, three or four more years, when I have my own Visa card, haha, I owe you big.

shortycake
Regular
Completed: Night in the Cottage
Projects: The Mishka Effect, Nocturnal Affair, Lethe, Alice in Neverland, Behind the Doll's eyes[WIP]
Deviantart: shortpencil
itch: shortycake

#335 Post by shortycake »

Ahhhhh! Ang gaganda po ng mga bg's ninyo Uncle!
Sana magamit ko sila kapag natapos ko na yun script ng visual novel na ginagawa ko.
School theme po kasi yun! >//u//<
Keep up the good work! ^ 7 ^)/ ~;*
Last edited by shortycake on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#336 Post by AsHLeX »

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing all those backgrounds with us!! All your works are so good and I like them so much~ :)
New demo out 24/12/23!!

CrypticCuddler

#337 Post by CrypticCuddler »

Hiya Uncle Mugen,
I was wishing to use your backgrounds for my dating sim project, but the catch
is that it's being created on RPGmaker VX Ace..
Is it still alright for me to use these backgrounds?
I just want to be sure. @_@

Armee
Veteran

#338 Post by Armee »

It's okay to use. You can read the Terms of Use at the first post.
Last edited by Armee on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrypticCuddler

#339 Post by CrypticCuddler »

>x< Just wanted to be extra certain lol might request something from Uncle Mugen, his backgrounds are candy for the eyes.

hananoyounikirei
Projects: The Virgin

#340 Post by hananoyounikirei »

Hello Uncle Mugen!

All of your backgrounds are amazing, and I'm going to be heavily relying on them for my first few VN's...
Anyways, I have a few requests that I hope won't be too much trouble for you!

There are hardly any bedrooms bgs so I'm hoping you can create a gender neutral bedroom for me? Fairly simple bedroom, all I ask is that there is an alarm clock somewhere in it. You can dazzle it up however you wish, as long as it stays semi-gender neutral. I'd like a dawn and afternoon version of the bg, if possible.

My second request is fairly simple. I want a bg of a hallway, very plain, but there is a door somewhere in the hallway. Then the second two bgs will be of a direct view of the door, one closed and one slightly ajar.

Thank you for your time! :)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#341 Post by mugenjohncel »

Dragonstar89 wrote:Uncle Mugen; when you get the chance could you possibly look into making a school kitchen that goes with your other school backgrounds? Sorry to fill your forum with so many requests, but if I could find a good school-kitchen bg, the background art of my game would most likely be 99.9% complete.
hananoyounikirei wrote:There are hardly any bedrooms bgs so I'm hoping you can create a gender neutral bedroom for me? Fairly simple bedroom, all I ask is that there is an alarm clock somewhere in it. You can dazzle it up however you wish, as long as it stays semi-gender neutral. I'd like a dawn and afternoon version of the bg, if possible.

My second request is fairly simple. I want a bg of a hallway, very plain, but there is a door somewhere in the hallway. Then the second two bgs will be of a direct view of the door, one closed and one slightly ajar.
Um... can you guys post sketch of your BG's so I can focus on just the construction phase... trying to visualize them from scratch is pretty time consuming. Even a rough sketch will do...

I should have posted this a week ago but I've been very busy lately but... here's a BG experiment where I make use of volumetric clouds to try and imitate the BG's from this anime whose main protagonist punches girls left and right on a regular basis...

Oh and... you might want to check the first page of this thread since I just updated it with more BG's...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Attachments
beautiful_park_with_nice_volumetric_fog_to_immitate_that_bg_found_in_touma_a_panchu_a_girls_anime.jpg

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#342 Post by Sharm »

Ooooh, is that a new tree I see? I like the atmospheric haze effect, it works very well.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#343 Post by noeinan »

^Uncle Mugen, was that last BG from a 3D model? O.O

Also, the clouds and the painted effect look gorgeous!

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#344 Post by mugenjohncel »

Sharm wrote:Ooooh, is that a new tree I see?
Nope... it's the very same tree I'm frequently reusing and abuse :mrgreen:
Sharm wrote:I like the atmospheric haze effect, it works very well.
Yep, never thought I could use volumetric fog this way...
daikiraikimi wrote:Uncle Mugen, was that last BG from a 3D model?
Yep, also... all of the tree in the last BG is the same tree model, just instanced many times. While it totally violates my quick and dirty method... I'm able to achieve this look via a custom shader (Not written by me... which for some odd reason tends to add a bit of a haze around corners and sharp sections)... the original tree model?... I uh... sort of "borrowed" it from somewhere and exported it to obj :mrgreen:

daikiraikimi wrote:Also, the clouds and the painted effect look gorgeous!
Um... the clouds... it's actually me and my habit of recycling the same sky dome (technically, it's a half dome)... read Fun fact No. 3:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 24#p304324
this_is_a_cloud_there_are_many_clouds_like_this_but_this_one_is_mine.jpg
And yes, it's the same sky dome and I'm attaching it here so you too can make use of it :mrgreen: :D

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#345 Post by mugenjohncel »

And now for something different...

So I was like roaming around in Pampanga searching for this fabled Restaurant called Julian's (they say the food is good there... and where there is delicious food, UNCLE MUGEN must have some of it!) Along the way, I just happened to spot this beautiful place out of nowhere... OK I know it's just like any other intersection but to me, the presence of the bridge... it is truly Beautiful! Totally love at first sight and I was like "I must take a picture of it"... Since I live in the Philippines, a place where you are inviting trouble whenever you flash around any high tech gadgets out in the open... I have no choice but to use a potato that doubles as a phone to take a picture since it's the only thing I brought with me for safety reasons.

Inside me is a switch that flipped... "YOU MUST MAKE A BG OUT OF IT!... DO IT!"

And so I did as my brain commanded me to do! Of course it's not going to be an exact copy since I'm to lazy for something like that so I just did the bridge and everything else is like previous BG's where I recycle models...

And a few hours later (because the bridge was modeled from scratch) here is now the finished BG...
somewhere_in_pampanga.jpg
And about the fabled restaurant?... I found it!...

"POOF" (Disappears)