Free BGs, sprites, etc.! from Triangle Box and TofuSheets~

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Free BGs, sprites, etc.! from Triangle Box and TofuSheets~

#1 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Hello! In this thread, my brother and I are going to release some free resources we made such as backgrounds, sprites, and textboxes for free use in your Ren'Py games~ My brother doesn't have an account here and said it was fine for me to post stuff for him, since our teams are always collaborating anyway. I'll also be posting some resources made by me as well.

Terms of Use:
- For use in non-commercial visual novels only.
- NOT to be used in adult games (aka 18+, Rated A, H-games, etc.)
- Please credit as instructed per set (each released set will have you credit either as Triangle Box or/and TofuSheets).
- You are allowed to resize and crop images to fit the proper resolution of your game. You may also edit brightness and contrast of images for different lighting or time of day variations.
- As a request, we would love you to link us to your finished project where resources were used so we could see them in action *.*

DISCLAIMER:
We are not responsible for the content of the game resources are used in. These are provided for free use in visual novels. Triangle Box and TofuSheets do not claim to hold the same views as the creators of game resources are used in. Game-makers, be responsible with your content~ We do not encourage the promotion of anything hateful or offensive.

Okay, now that we got all the legal-ish sounding stuff out of the way, here's what we have to offer you~

BACKGROUNDS~

Free Background Set1
Credit Triangle Box and TofuSheets. (He did the drawing, I described the concepts).

This pack includes the first two backgrounds I originally requested my brother to make for my still on hiatus visual novel, New Dimension, and I have decided to allow release of it for free use (day and night variations). This also includes a bunch of backgrounds for anime projects my brother and I were planning, but never finished. So some of the stuff is really old, before he had GIMP and would solely use MS Paint. There are 3 backgrounds where he used MS Paint to draw and smudge color with GIMP, which is how he does things now (no tablet, all mouse). This also includes 4 backgrounds that are rendered so you can add your own sky. Total of; 15 images.

Preview;

Download the pack here; http://www.mediafire.com/?yn4d8u7xy963c52

SPRITES~

Free Sprite Set -Amina
Credit Triangle Box and Tofu Sheets. (He drew it, but I drew the original sketch, did the expressions, and basic coloring).

This sprite was used in my VN Desolate Isolation, based on a random character design I drew I decided to use. This is the basic colored version (the one in the game will have smudge coloring), which makes it easy to recolor or texture however you wish.

Preview;

Download the pack here; http://www.mediafire.com/?6263up1s2s0ovlv

TEXTBOXES~

[coming soon!]

We hope you enjoy them ^o^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: Free BGs, sprites, etc.! from Triangle Box and TofuSheet

#2 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I am proud to introduce to you our first free sprite set - Amina!

I decided to release her early, even though Desolate Isolation isn't out yet.

Technically this is almost my first original sprite (but I collabed with my bro to draw it out on MS Paint for me, since I suck at mouse-drawing XD) So...it belongs to both of us~

Download link is found in original post~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Virelai
Regular

#3 Post by Virelai »

huzzah! Free sprites and backgrounds are always lovely. Thank you for your generosity hehe. c;

johnywilson
IRC Nick: marluigiz

#4 Post by johnywilson »

Nice sprites and backgrounds. Appreciate so much for offering it free.