Free Sprite

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

Free Sprite

#1 Post by Shinoki »

Can be used for both free and commercial games. Feel free to alter and edit.
You can credit me as Shinoki though it doesn't really matter if you credit me or not for this one at least.

While I'm not sure why anyone would ever want to use this sprite (she has a weird design, Frankenstein-based bolts? and a scar on the neck there.)
... well, since I made her anyways (at first as just a test to try line art and shading in a different way I guess) and don't plan to use her, feel free to use this sprite for any random game you make!

If there's some sort of problem (like me accidentally exporting some expressions with white backgrounds, I did it kind of late at night, which ended up causing more mistakes...) or if you just want a .psd file (my layers are a absolute mess), feel free to say.

Example:
marian_grumpy.png
Attachments
SpriteSetA.zip
(3.38 MiB) Downloaded 123 times

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

Re: Free Sprite

#2 Post by qirien »

Cool! I liked her clothes, and the bolts. Could be a steampunk android or something!

You might want to make it very clear what license you are releasing these under. It kind of sounds like you are letting people do whatever they want without crediting you? If you say "This sprite is in the public domain", that accomplishes that legally. If you want people to have to credit you, you might want to consider one of the Creative Commons licenses.

Thanks for sharing!
Finished games:

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

Re: Free Sprite

#3 Post by Shinoki »

I couldn't think of what it was called when I was making the post, but basically, I'm just releasing it into the public domain. (Thanks.)