Lumen's art dump [closed ono]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

Re: Lumen_Astrum's Works , Critique Needed

#16 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

These are my sketch for my project in History. No speech bubbles and gradients yet, because I just scanned it and I'll be laying them out after I finished editing the previous pages and laying out their text.

I don't want to post the past pages, they all look weird... XD

I know I kinda improved in my anatomy (the way I drew the hands) but then I know there is something wrong with the way I drew the girl's eyes in the second to the last panel. -_-|||||

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#17 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

More pages from my comic :

Sorry for the distorted frames. XD

I like the way I drew the second panel with the teen and the girl. ^^

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#18 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

The drawing of my project with the least content in it... but I'm pretty proud of it because of the effects~ it's pretty painful to the eyes, though... =_=

Some of the finished pages of my project~
I won't show the other pages because they are, well, rushed. >.<
Kill me now for my crappiness. NOW.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#19 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

First try on my new Tablet~ :D

night_serenade
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate, Turnip in Love, other secret projects XD

#20 Post by night_serenade »

Your art is reallly pretty! And I wish I could read your comic, because it looks good~! :)

In the first one up at the top you said you weren't sure of what was wrong with one of the pictures?
I think it's because the face isn't tilted at the right angle to the rest of the face (eyes, nose, mouth and everything) looks awkward. If you shorten the nose line, and maybe move the eye on the right side a bit over to the left it would look better?
I'm not sure but I think that might be it XD

Tabletttttt~! -is so jealous-
The last drawing looks absolutely adorable, and would look gorgeous coloured.
Just one thing though; I think the arm on the left side looks a bit awkward, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, love your art!! :)
.:.Alice here~!

Writer, Proof Reader/Editor, Programmer, and Artist ;; always willing to help in whatever way I can, so don't be afraid to send me a message! =]

Here are the public projects I’m currently involved in (you should check them out =D)!!
Strings of Fate | Turnip in Love | Soul & Heart

My Deviant Art~ [I just recently created a new account, and am learning how to colour digitally, so right now there's only a limited and poor show of art XD]

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#21 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

night_serenade wrote:Your art is reallly pretty! And I wish I could read your comic, because it looks good~! :)

In the first one up at the top you said you weren't sure of what was wrong with one of the pictures?
I think it's because the face isn't tilted at the right angle to the rest of the face (eyes, nose, mouth and everything) looks awkward. If you shorten the nose line, and maybe move the eye on the right side a bit over to the left it would look better?
I'm not sure but I think that might be it XD

Tabletttttt~! -is so jealous-
The last drawing looks absolutely adorable, and would look gorgeous coloured.
Just one thing though; I think the arm on the left side looks a bit awkward, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, love your art!! :)
THANK YOU! :D
I don't wanna post the comic on the net with the translated version, because it's like one of my first tries making a comic XD

Oh, yeah, I think that was wrong on the comic pic~ :D Thank you for pointing that out.

Hahaha~ I just bought my tablet last weekend, and it isn't even a Wacom one XD
Thank you! I really appreciate you pointing out the wrong things on my drawings. ^^

(just realized this is my 200th post and I became a veteran... WOOT)

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#22 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Sorry for the double-post but...

Here's some of my drawings that I fished from my old deviantART account two years ago :

Image Image

And here's a drawing that I just finished a while ago for a friend's RPG game:

I can't believe this XD
I thought I'm not changing styles but then, I am changing styles without me knowing XD

Miss-Mae
Regular
Projects: Waiting on Love
Organization: Kinki Skiddles Productions

#23 Post by Miss-Mae »

Just looked through all of your artwork on here and thought I'd add in my two cents, although I am totally awful at critique - mainly because I feel like I shouldn't be giving it, I think...

Anyways, I really like your eye style! Very nicely drawn. And I also would like to compliment your hands, you are WAY better at them than I am, so kudos to you! Also, your colouring in your newest picture looks MUCH better! I like the way you hi-lighted the hair. :)

I would recommend you work a bit more on the shading, and other than that, backgrounds (something I myself need to work on, so I can relate). I have personally been practicing with backgrounds by looking up photos of landscapes and then trying to duplicate them, so I recommend finding some stock photos to help ya on that one. :)

Anyways, keep it up! :D <3
Come visit me, if you like, at: http://www.miss-mae.deviantart.com / http://www.kinki-skiddles-games.deviantart.com <3 or on my NEW game making blog, which you can find here: http://kinki-skiddles.tumblr.com/ <3

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#24 Post by EternalDream »

I don't give critiques often since I'm not too good at it but I will try ;D

1) Head shape - Watch out for your headshapes... especially for you profile faces. Make sure that the head is somewhat round (Even though not many people have perfectly round heads in real life ^^;;) Don't aim for like a super duper roundness... just a general one.
2) Wrist - I think this has been addressed before, but you need to show the wrist. Right now it just seemed like an arm connected to the hands which makes the chara look kind of awkward... (not to mention fat but maybe that's just me?) Also, to achieve the wrist look, you need to draw the bottom arm thinner and thinner as it goes down. (Or no wait... I don't know how to say it, but I hope you get what I mean?)
3) Anatomy - Mostly everyone's problem... and I don't think I'm an exception. T_T But whatever. I'll just comment on your arm... again. Sorry for bullying the arms!! >O< ;_; Anyways... back to what I was saying lol The upper arm in one of your pics is too short... or maybe the lower arm is too long. I personally hate looking at anatomy turtorials so I won't give you any links. (Since I myself don't even bother) But just as a quick pointer, the upper and should be around the same length as the lower arm (or sometimes a bit longer... only a bit) and the hand... is what you add on after so it's not counted as the lower arm. You might think I'm spilling crap as a person who never read any anatomy stuff... but seriously, I have a body that I can study from =O=;;
4) Hand - The close up of the hand was okay, and I'm not even sure if this is a problem... but let me warn you... try not to start your hand from a circle... (But if you want to go against that, then it's ok too XD) My main point is... your fingers are... pointier than fingers should be. Also take note that your thumb is slightly bigger than your other fingers. Yes, slightly bigger, so don't start drawing tree trunk thumbs because of this. lol
5) Shoulders - Need to be wider, but I guess even with what you draw, it's alright. Since it actually looks okay. XD Don't mind number 5. I'm just bringing it up to give you a heads up...

Well, that's all the critiques (I hope lol) I'm going to give today. I hope you find them somewhat useful? O: Sorry I couldn't provide you any pics, since I don't have a tablet... it's not easy for me to fix some of the pics like other people do. ;_;

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#25 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

YAY~

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#26 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Sorry again for the double-post but here's the emotion set for the past picture of Destiny Darknife (the angel thing XD)

I'm proud of this XD

Miss-Mae
Regular

#27 Post by Miss-Mae »

Looking good, she is so cute! :D What did you animate this with by the way?
Come visit me, if you like, at: http://www.miss-mae.deviantart.com / http://www.kinki-skiddles-games.deviantart.com <3 or on my NEW game making blog, which you can find here: http://kinki-skiddles.tumblr.com/ <3

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#28 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

@Miss-Mae : I always use Photoshop~ C:

Not in the mood to double-post AGAIN, so here's an animation (lineart to color) of Elemental's character Hilla Blackhilt from the same series (Elements' Lands - Warlock's Pendant)

(And also notice, if you stare long enough on my avvie, the girl there will blush and creep her eyes to the side XD)

Miss-Mae
Regular

#29 Post by Miss-Mae »

Oh, cool! We use the same program it seems. :]

Love your new drawing, btw. Super cute character design, once again. :D <3

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#30 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Hahaha~ It isn't me who designed her XD
I just drew her, I'm the artist for an RPG game offsite :D