Sandbox Adventure - Newgrounds and Kongregate integration

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

Sandbox Adventure - Newgrounds and Kongregate integration

#1 Post by DrSchizo »

After reading firecat comment on another thread, I've tried to integrate a game made with Sandbox Adventure on Kongregate. And it worked!

I will have to make few change to make it respect the portals rules like a specific home page with no outgoing link and automatic connection with the portal account.

For now, I am not planning to give the possibility to game creators to limit the access to paid users, even if it could be an option in the future.

As a game creator, will you still be interested in such an integration in the engine, even if there is no possibility of commercialization for now? It could be a way to reach new players.

Are there other portals that would worth considering?

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

Re: Sandbox Adventure - Newgrounds and Kongregate integratio

#2 Post by Kate »

I think it's an interesting idea. For those of us who are uncertain what that really "is", a brief demo of what it does might help. The beauty of gaming is that it can do many crazy and unique things, on many platforms, with all different kinds of resources. As for me, I play a lot of games on Kongregate and other host sites. Opening the door to these kinds of host places is very smart, and useful.
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

Re: Sandbox Adventure - Kongregate integration

#3 Post by DrSchizo »

Turns out it is not possible on Newgrounds, since it won't allow iframe integration. You can only upload the HTML files on their server and it is not possible with my engine. I'm still gonna try to upload a single HTML file to see if it is possible from there to load files from my server, but I doubt it will work :(

I haven't found a way to do it on Armor Games either, but I haven't investigated further.

Hopefully, it is still working great on Kongregate. It will be displayed in an iframe like this game, except there won't be any loading time. By default, the game will be displayed in 800x600 and it will be possible to go fullscreen.

The only problem is that games are classified in categories and none fits visual novels: Action, Multiplayer, Shooter, Adventure & RPG, Sports & Racing, Strategy & Defense, Puzzle, Music & More, Tutorials. The closest one is "Adventure & RPG" but I'm not sure people will be looking fo VN there. Still, better than nothing!