Cloudnovel - The Easiest and Most Powerful Visual Novel Maker

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
Sonya
Veteran
Completed: Café Rouge, Skights, High School Otome
Deviantart: winechan

Cloudnovel - The Easiest and Most Powerful Visual Novel Maker

#1 Post by Sonya »

• Want to make your own visual novel?

What is Cloudnovel?
    Cloud Novel is a website for creating, publishing, and playing/sharing online visual novels. Our online engine is designed for anyone to create a visual novel, with no scripting or programming required!

With Cloud Novel's easy to use visual interface, you can organize your characters, backgrounds, CGs, and soundtracks in your project library, set up and plan your story in the scene's flowchart/map, and create the scenes in your visual novel scene editor.

If you want to play some of our current visual novels made by our users, browse and play our visual novels now!

How do I join?

Currently we are looking for beta testers who may be interested in signing up (signing up is free). We're looking for anybody who is enthusiastic about creating visual novels (or if you're not interested in creating, playing and commenting on other's VNs), and who is willing to give us feedback on how to improve our site!

So if you want to make your own visual novel,

Last edited by Sonya on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:37 pm, edited 29 times in total.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: Joilly - HTML5 visual novel creator (not an engine, GUI)

#2 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Sounds very interesting :0 I'll be sure to check it out!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Sonya
Veteran

#3 Post by Sonya »

[deleted]
Last edited by Sonya on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonya
Veteran

#4 Post by Sonya »

Just an update, Joilly's Youtube channel now has some new video tutorials on creating visual novels!
Last edited by Sonya on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonya
Veteran

Re: Joilly.com - Visual Novel Creator

#5 Post by Sonya »

Hey guys, so a lot of people have been looking for a graphic interface for building their visual novels. Joilly is coming out with a new visual novel creator for you guys to make visual novels. We took in a lot of feedback, and developed a creator. It's going to be online, no download required, and best of all there's no coding to learn because it's a graphic interface.

If you guys want to check out a live working demo, here are some links to the creator:
http://demo.joilly.com/editor.html
http://demo.joilly.com/scenes.html
http://demo.joilly.com/assetmanager.html

The three main components of the creator is the flowchart diagram, the scene editor, and the assets library.
The VN flowchart is an interactive diagram where you control all the scenes and paths of your visual novel story. You'll be able to add new scenes and add paths to connect your storylines together to make dynamic plots for your visual novel.

The Scene Editor is where you can edit your visual novel, and scroll through the pages of your visual novel script. You will be able to create, edit, and test out your visual novel in the scene or pages timeline, where you can add characters, backgrounds, CGs, music, and even create animations in your visual novel.
The Asset library is your dumping ground for all your visual novel assets, including images, sounds, and video. Inside your library, you can also create folders and subfolders to organize all your assets, whether they are characters, CGs, visual novel soundtracks, or the OP video of your visual novel.

So what do you guys think? We're hoping to hear some of your feedback on this VN creator, what could be improved, what you would like to see, or even what you don't like.

We're listening everybody, tell us what you think!!! <3

melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

#6 Post by melelisun »

As someone who went through a long struggle of attempting to study Ren'Py, I personally love this! ^^
Image Image

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#7 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Oh this is very cool! I'll look at it on the computer when I can (on my phone at the second), but I see this having a lot of potential :)
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Sonya
Veteran

#8 Post by Sonya »

Hazel-Bun wrote:Oh this is very cool! I'll look at it on the computer when I can (on my phone at the second), but I see this having a lot of potential :)
Great! Please tell us what you think of it, we'd love to know what you'd think!

vnplayer
Projects: in progress...

#9 Post by vnplayer »

I registered, just waiting confirmation mail.

I will test, but if guess that could being better, so will send suggestions.

Sonya
Veteran

#10 Post by Sonya »

Hi there!

Did you register on the public site? Right now our beta site is closed and not accepting anymore beta testers at the moment.

We are however looking for people who might be interested in testing our creator. The type of people we're looking for are VN studios without a programmer, a writer and artist duo who have scripts and art ready to make their VN, or a writer willing to make a short VN with default assets we can provide.

If you're interested, feel free to pm me!

piichimi
Regular
Projects: A+ Switch! (Visual Novel)

Re: Cloud Novel - Visual Novel Creator

#11 Post by piichimi »

wow! so cool ^-^

Sonya
Veteran

#12 Post by Sonya »

piichimi wrote:wow! so cool ^-^
We're glad you think so >w<

Also guys, here is a video presentation of the visual novel creator/engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjAsknQIZXE

rocket
Veteran
Projects: Starlight Ep0, Ep1

#13 Post by rocket »

This looks very impressive.

It's nice to see a focus on three different editors, for scripting, branching, and visual layout. Cloud based is awesome too for storing work! Will there be version control and collaboration tools in the roadmap?

All that said, I'm personally not attracted to the value proposition. Not because the editor/repo is cloud based - that's awesome.

Rather I'm not a fan of the model where there's a central gatekeeper for publishing/discovery and where my work is locked into a system.

If I work in your editors, I can't easily export that work and migrate it elsewhere like I can with other tools. Likewise I can't publish or distribute my game without your store/hub/community.

That may be okay for many creators, but I'm anxious about that kind of thing. Good luck though, the work done so far looks very promising!

Sonya
Veteran

Re: Cloudnovel.net - Create, publish, and play online VNs

#14 Post by Sonya »

Hey guys, so this thread has been updated (phew that took a while)

Cloudnovel.net is in public beta now, and we're looking for people to sign up and check us out! Also, if anyone is interested, we have July Jam (contest really) going on *cough* totally not inspired by NaNoReno *cough* http://cloudnovel.net/viewtopic?f=25&t=162

camisteja
Regular

Re: Cloudnovel - Create, publish, and play online visual nov

#15 Post by camisteja »

I love the UI and how user friendly everything looks but wouldn't it have made more sense for Cloudnovel to be software you could download like Ren'Py or potentially buy? It seems a little wasted to keep something like this limited to only browsers. I imagine some people might have liked to use Cloudnovel to make commercial games and that sort of thing. Would you ever consider making Cloudnovel into a downloadable program?