Production Team for 神様の風 (Working Title) [CLOSED]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
milkcarton
Regular

Production Team for 神様の風 (Working Title) [CLOSED]

#1 Post by milkcarton »

Hello! My name is Cayla, and I am finally ready to post a recruitment thread for a team of talented individuals to work with me on this visual novel. I hope I am doing this correctly. Please let me know if I have placed this thread in the wrong section!

Overview: In a land that parallels the structure of planet earth (name to be decided), spirits are "born." They live typical lives...except for one thing: each one is training to become a god or goddess. At "birth," a spirit makes a connection with a tangible or intangible quality from the human world, and - upon reaching the status of the revered - becomes identified by that connection (i.e. God of the Wind). Multiple spirits can make connections with the same quality, but the first one to become a god or goddess holds perpetual claim. A spirit can graduate to god or goddess classification at any age - or never at all - depending on his or her proficiency in schooling and completion of an encompassing competition among equal-ranked spirits to become the next god or goddess of the human world. The ultimate goal of a spirit is to acquire a shrine, but as is life, not every spirit graduates to the level of earning one.

Players will play as one of three spirits - a male option, a female option, and a neutral option - and will decide their spirits' connections from three choices (a humorously mundane option will be included;). Spirits in this land manifest themselves in the human form, and players will interact with a wide array of characters, including rival spirits (i.e. God of Darkness and Goddess of Light), ally spirits (i.e. Goddess of Water and Goddess of Ice), and evil spirits that only want to reach the human world to cause strife. The spirit connections of the playable characters are for minor god and goddess status since most of the more important connections have long since been made.

Production Team Needs (As Soon As Possible):

Background Designers
Character Artists
Idea Bouncers
Script Writers

Production Team Needs (In the Future):

Animators
Musical Composers
Programmers

There is not a set number required for these positions, for I would like quite a few of each.

Other Features 神様の風 plans to include:

Animated Scenes
Elements of RPG
Full Voice-Over (But this is will come later. Feel free to express your interest for this now if you would like).
Stat Raising

I would like to pay people for their contributions and might have the ability later, but payment is not a viable option right now. If you require compensation for your services, let me know your prices.

I am currently working with an artist friend of mine who will have the rough sketches available by the end of the month of the three playable characters.

This thread is also available in the Idea Forum!

Questions for People Who Read This Thread:

1. What do you think of the idea?
2. Anything I am missing?
3. Do you have any questions?

Well that's all I have! Thank you for taking the time to read through my plans :D
Last edited by milkcarton on Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:02 am, edited 15 times in total.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: Production Team for Resu no Kamisama (Working Title)

#2 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Hey Cayla and no, you posted to the right place :) Your idea sounds very interesting. Don't feel afraid to go into a bit more detail though. It's worse to reveal to little than to fear revealing to much. Even if someone "stole" the idea, they'd have to go through the hard work of making it an actual VN!

Just a quick little thing to help you get started...
As we would like our recruitment forum to become a more useful tool for both recruiters and people offering services, and in order to make recruitment threads clearer, we have decided upon the following guidelines for all postings in this forum that aim at recruiting people. Note that these rules do not apply to offering services.

All threads in which someone is looking for people to join a team, from now on, are required to contain all of the following four pieces of information:

1) An overview of the project, or a link to an overview. Recruitment threads that are not created for a specific project but generally for a company or organization of sorts ("headhunting threads") will no longer be allowed in this forum.

2) A description of what sort of work needs to be done, for example "Need a character artist" or "Need a script writer". For commissions, we strongly suggest giving an estimate of how much of that work will be necessary. (Examples: "Four character sprites in 4-5 poses each" or "A dialogue script of approximately 60,000 words")

3) A description of what work has been completed on the project, if any.

4) A note as to if this is a commission or collaboration.

Recruitment threads may contain any other project details the poster is willing to share as long as these four pieces of information are included.
You seem to be missing mostly number three. It looks as if you're recruiting a whole team without much work to show. If you don't have any right now, it might serve you well to make a small playable build with stock images/etc. to showcase what you bring to the team. Especially for a commercial venture with out a real promise of pay because crowdfunding is very dubious to place your hopes on.

Maybe post up a thread in the ideas fourm and narrow down you search for now. Maybe one script writer to do so many scenes, etc. etc. and as you get assets in, then start looking for more help/fancy stuff like voice acting and animation which can cost you a good chunk of change.

Good luck! Sorry if I sound like I'm mini-modding haha I hope your project pans out for ya'!!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

milkcarton
Regular

Re: Production Team for Resu no Kamisama (Working Title)

#3 Post by milkcarton »

Hazel-Bun wrote:Hey Cayla and no, you posted to the right place :) Your idea sounds very interesting. Don't feel afraid to go into a bit more detail though. It's worse to reveal to little than to fear revealing to much. Even if someone "stole" the idea, they'd have to go through the hard work of making it an actual VN!

Just a quick little thing to help you get started...
As we would like our recruitment forum to become a more useful tool for both recruiters and people offering services, and in order to make recruitment threads clearer, we have decided upon the following guidelines for all postings in this forum that aim at recruiting people. Note that these rules do not apply to offering services.

All threads in which someone is looking for people to join a team, from now on, are required to contain all of the following four pieces of information:

1) An overview of the project, or a link to an overview. Recruitment threads that are not created for a specific project but generally for a company or organization of sorts ("headhunting threads") will no longer be allowed in this forum.

2) A description of what sort of work needs to be done, for example "Need a character artist" or "Need a script writer". For commissions, we strongly suggest giving an estimate of how much of that work will be necessary. (Examples: "Four character sprites in 4-5 poses each" or "A dialogue script of approximately 60,000 words")

3) A description of what work has been completed on the project, if any.

4) A note as to if this is a commission or collaboration.

Recruitment threads may contain any other project details the poster is willing to share as long as these four pieces of information are included.
You seem to be missing mostly number three. It looks as if you're recruiting a whole team without much work to show. If you don't have any right now, it might serve you well to make a small playable build with stock images/etc. to showcase what you bring to the team. Especially for a commercial venture with out a real promise of pay because crowdfunding is very dubious to place your hopes on.

Maybe post up a thread in the ideas fourm and narrow down you search for now. Maybe one script writer to do so many scenes, etc. etc. and as you get assets in, then start looking for more help/fancy stuff like voice acting and animation which can cost you a good chunk of change.

Good luck! Sorry if I sound like I'm mini-modding haha I hope your project pans out for ya'!!
Thank you so much for the advice : D I appreciate it! Will this thread be deleted when I have transferred it to the Idea Forum, or will both remain? Thanks again!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: Production Team for Rēsu no Kamisama (Working Title)

#4 Post by Hazel-Bun »

No problem man. Hope it helps/has helped. You can always keep this open and make a new thread just with your idea. Look at the other threads there for an idea on how to format it.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

MusicAO
Regular

#5 Post by MusicAO »

I'm the cheapest composer around, if you can't find anyone who would do the full OST for free.

milkcarton
Regular

#6 Post by milkcarton »

MusicAO wrote:I'm the cheapest composer around, if you can't find anyone who would do the full OST for free.
Thank you for replying to the thread! You have very affordable rates, and I have money I am willing to pay, so I will definitely keep you mind as things get going :)

Juneberry
Regular
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Deadly Heart

#7 Post by Juneberry »

Hi there! I'd be happy to help with idea bouncing and some script work if you're still in need of someone. I do my best on all projects I help with, but since I do try to work on many projects because I'm strange like that, I can't guarantee writing a huge ton in a short period for you- so you'd have to tell me your general timetable preference. I'm also a bit on the forgetful side, I admit, and I tend to ask a lot of questions to make sure things get as close to what you're looking for as possible. But if you don't mind those details, I'd be more than happy to help. Though I would either way at least as an idea bouncer if you can't find me helpful with writing. :)

I'd help with some basic art, but I'm not much of an artist >w< So you might not want to have me do stuff like that. Anyway, I'd be willing to work for free, but if compensation is possible, I'd never refuse it either. But I won't ask for a specific amount- if you're going to pay me, pay me what you think I deserve. Because seriously? Anything is better than what I earn on a daily basis, and I have no idea what my work would be worth anyway. >w<

Anyway, as per your questions:

Great concept, very original in my book. I'm really excited to see how this works out, so even if I can't join the team, let me know when it's ready to be tried okay?

I think knowing what types of general activities will be done in the game would be good. Are we going to be taking tests as if in a school? Forming teams with allies? And what are the elements we're possibly choosing to align with? This type of information would be interesting to know at this point....

Uh...*points upward*

milkcarton
Regular

#8 Post by milkcarton »

Juneberry wrote:Hi there! I'd be happy to help with idea bouncing and some script work if you're still in need of someone. I do my best on all projects I help with, but since I do try to work on many projects because I'm strange like that, I can't guarantee writing a huge ton in a short period for you- so you'd have to tell me your general timetable preference. I'm also a bit on the forgetful side, I admit, and I tend to ask a lot of questions to make sure things get as close to what you're looking for as possible. But if you don't mind those details, I'd be more than happy to help. Though I would either way at least as an idea bouncer if you can't find me helpful with writing. :)

I'd help with some basic art, but I'm not much of an artist >w< So you might not want to have me do stuff like that. Anyway, I'd be willing to work for free, but if compensation is possible, I'd never refuse it either. But I won't ask for a specific amount- if you're going to pay me, pay me what you think I deserve. Because seriously? Anything is better than what I earn on a daily basis, and I have no idea what my work would be worth anyway. >w<

Anyway, as per your questions:

Great concept, very original in my book. I'm really excited to see how this works out, so even if I can't join the team, let me know when it's ready to be tried okay?

I think knowing what types of general activities will be done in the game would be good. Are we going to be taking tests as if in a school? Forming teams with allies? And what are the elements we're possibly choosing to align with? This type of information would be interesting to know at this point....

Uh...*points upward*
Thank you for taking the time to respond! I am still searching for idea bouncers and script writers so I will PM you more information : D

In regards to your responses to the questions.

1. Thank you! I'm glad you like the concept, and I will keep people updated. I've already found a few more artists and character designs and descriptions should be up by the end of January or early February.

2. The visual novel will consist of tests during the schooling period in order to qualify for Kamisama no Rēsu (temporary name). You will meet and interact with other spirits (potentially forming alliances as well as rivalries and enemies). Player decisions will determine which spirits fall into each category for the rest of the game play. The main climax will be Kamisama no Rēsu (temporary name), where your spirit will either win, becoming a god or goddess allowed to move on to the human world, or lose and have to return back to the schooling period. The human world will have opportunities as well, because once there, your god or goddess will be trying to gain support for his or her shine; however, depending on who you ally with, you might bring good spirits along or bad spirits. The elements are still being decided at this time. I would like to incorporate a mundane quality for a humorous route, which will make for a fun time if a spirit is trying to become god or goddess of something completely irrelevant : ) Depending on the quality chosen, a route's genre will be different (dark, romantic, comedic, etc.) There will be elements of RPG battle during Kamisama no Rēsu as well as in the human world.

I hope that answers your questions! Idea bouncers will be helpful in creating creative and interactive games within this visual novel :D
Last edited by milkcarton on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Iwako

#9 Post by Iwako »

Hey! The premise of your story caught my attention, and if you still need idea bouncers, I would be more than happy to help!

Anyways, to answer your questions:
I think it's really interesting. Different from most I've seen, which isn't a bad thing. I'm curious to see how you will do the world-building and lore of the story.

Hm. When you say "tests during the schooling period in order to quality for Resu no Kamisama", will that be more of a player choice -> determine your fate thing, or a stat raising sim (where you focus on diff areas of study and raise the corresponding stats?)

Will this be a free or commercial release? Because I'm really interested in this VN and would love to play it someday.

milkcarton
Regular

#10 Post by milkcarton »

Iwako wrote:Hey! The premise of your story caught my attention, and if you still need idea bouncers, I would be more than happy to help!

Anyways, to answer your questions:
I think it's really interesting. Different from most I've seen, which isn't a bad thing. I'm curious to see how you will do the world-building and lore of the story.

Hm. When you say "tests during the schooling period in order to quality for Kamisama no Reesu", will that be more of a player choice -> determine your fate thing, or a stat raising sim (where you focus on diff areas of study and raise the corresponding stats?)

Will this be a free or commercial release? Because I'm really interested in this VN and would love to play it someday.
I am still looking for idea bouncers : D I am PMing people interested in that position today with some follow up questions! The tests during the schooling period will incorporate a combination of the two. The stat raising sim will be associated with your qualifications to reaching Kamisama no Reesu as well as who are allies and who are rivals. Player choices are included as well.

I am planning on releasing this commercially, but right now since the VN is in pre-development stages, I cannot say for sure : D But I am so glad you want to play it!
Last edited by milkcarton on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#11 Post by Laiska »

This sounds like an interesting idea! I really like that you've included a neutral gender option, too. I might be interested in assisting with the writing, if you still need people.

Also, I am curious what the Reesu in the title refers to. Race? Or something else?

milkcarton
Regular

#12 Post by milkcarton »

Laiska wrote:This sounds like an interesting idea! I really like that you've included a neutral gender option, too. I might be interested in assisting with the writing, if you still need people.

Also, I am curious what the Reesu in the title refers to. Race? Or something else?
Thank you! I am definitely still in search of some writers to assist in scripts as well as character descriptions.
Last edited by milkcarton on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#13 Post by Laiska »

Cool! Let me know what it is you're looking for, writing-wise!

(And just as an aside, the correct order would be more like Kamisama Reesu [神様レース] or Kamisama no Reesu. As-is it sort of translates to 'Gods of Race', which I don't think is what you're going for xD)

milkcarton
Regular

#14 Post by milkcarton »

Laiska wrote:Cool! Let me know what it is you're looking for, writing-wise!

(And just as an aside, the correct order would be more like Kamisama Reesu [神様レース] or Kamisama no Reesu. As-is it sort of translates to 'Gods of Race', which I don't think is what you're going for xD)
T_T I'm embarrassing my Japanese sensee. College Japanese II is going to be a nightmare in a week if I don't get my act together XD

Anyway, I will PM you some information!

Edit: I am leaving the working title as Rēsu no Kamisama (which might not be what the VN is called by the end) and changing the name of the competition. I would like the direct translation to be "Gods of the Race" rather than "Race of the Gods".
Last edited by milkcarton on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

milkcarton
Regular

Re: Production Team for Kamisama no Rēsu (Working Title)

#15 Post by milkcarton »

Post deleted.
Last edited by milkcarton on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.