Character Sprite Artist needed for Visual Novel (UNPAID)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
AztecKid510
Projects: Project Fate, June's Story, Wings of Man, Sword + Shield
Tumblr: AztecKid510
Deviantart: AztecKid510
Soundcloud: AztecKid510

Character Sprite Artist needed for Visual Novel (UNPAID)

#1 Post by AztecKid510 »

Hello!

I'm in need of a Character Sprite Artist for a Free Visual Novel.

About the Visual Novel:

I'm wanting to create a comedy about a school youth's last year at school. Its a mix of romance and comedy and . I want it to be released in chapters on a biweekly or monthly basis. I would like it to be released as a free app on Google Play (Android App Store). It's highly likely that it will be incorporated into the other major marketplaces such as Apple, Amazon, Windows and Steam, but for now I want to focus on adding it to Google Play.

I would like people who are only interested for credits and as a unpaid worker. In the future, I would like to incorporate Ads and split the profits with those who work on it but for now, I need someone who can work for free.

Future Needs:

Additional Artists: I would like to bring in additional artists for needed content such as additional characters and scenes.

Writers: I would like to bring in additional writers to help flesh out the story, arcs, comedy sequences and other aspects of the writing process.

What I Have:
  • I currently have the 1st Chapter written out.
  • I will find free SFX and BGM online.
  • I will be making this in Ren'Py.
I had planned to use characters provided by Alte, but they don't have school clothing nor do I think they would be suitable for the story. (Things can always change in the future such as them being characters found outside of school)

Alte's content can be located here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 56&t=28093
and here: http://sozai.hanabie.com/ta/ta.htm

With that said, I'm looking for new characters as explained below.

What I Need:

Character Sprite Artist: For creating the characters clothed in school wear and casual wear outfits with various generic expressions (Happy, Sad, Excited, Nervous, Scared, Shy, Embarrassed, etc.)

Characters within Chapter 1:
  • June - Main character
  • Leah - June's sister
  • Kazuya - June's only friend and Leah's boyfriend
  • Mariko - June's love interest
  • Uzume-Sensei - Main school teacher
  • School Bullies - This includes 3 characters which are the leader and his two henchman
Clothing Style:
  • For Chapter 1, all the characters need be wearing their school uniforms so whatever uniform style you want to go with is fine. Keep in mind that future characters will need to match this style. For Uzumi-Sensei, he would be wearing either a black or grey business suit.
ALSO, this artist will need to be able to create/illustrate the FLASHBACK sequences as depicted in the attached screenplay. This includes the character and content depicted in the scene. For example, the character has to climb a tall pole to get his backpack which is at the top while the school bullies on the ground level stare up and laugh.

Story Overview:
June is starting his last year of high school. He decides that he will gather the courage to finally ask out his high school crush Mariko. Along the way, he grows as a person through various experiences and with the encouragement of his sister and friend Kazuya.

I have written the chapter in screenplay format so those who work on it can easily follow the scenes and dialogue. You can read it in PDF format attached to this post. Its more than likely the final draft as I don't want to take weeks just to write out a single chapter (as is the case with my other projects).

I have written out character profiles for each of the characters introduced in Chapter 1. The file is attached in PDF format along with Chapter 1.

In conclusion...
So hopefully you can understand the story a bit and what I'm looking for.

If you're interested please send me a Private Message. I'm not going to be too picky on the art style since this is a free project, but I would like there to be various poses with at least a dozen expressions. I believe the attached screenplay of chapter 1 should help in determining what is needed but if not, the standard expressions will be very helpful for future chapters. (i.e. Sad, Happy, Nervous, Panic, Exhausted, Shy, etc.)

If you have any comments feel free to ask away!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post about my project!
Attachments
June's Story - Character Profiles.pdf
June's Story - Character Profiles
(121.14 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
June's Story - Chapter 1.pdf
June's Story - Chapter 1
(45.49 KiB) Downloaded 65 times