DMB Recruiting [Currently: None at this time]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
RotGtIE
Veteran

DMB Recruiting [Currently: None at this time]

#1 Post by RotGtIE »

Deirdre, My Blade
Project Recruitment Thread
Overview
"Deirdre, My Blade" is a planned kinetic visual novel based on a story about a man who bears a cursed weapon in his possession. The curse is not an affliction he must suffer or a price he must pay; rather, it is that the weapon is a sentient shapeshifter, which most frequently takes the form of a woman calling herself Deirdre. Mad with bloodlust, she refuses to leave the side of her master, endlessly causing death and carnage in her twisted, desperate desire to serve him. The tale follows this man's life and details his experiences with this cursed weapon; how he came to cross paths with her, how he struggles to live a normal life despite her destructive impact on everything around him, and how he seeks to unravel the mystery behind the true identity of the cursed weapon named Deirdre.

For further information, refer to the Adult Works In Progress thread: Deirdre, My Blade
Alternatively, see the development blog for information and updates: DMB Development Blog

Current Progress
The first draft of the story is now completely scripted, coming in at just over 150,000 words. The project will now enter into the script editing, VN planning, and team recruitment phase. Then, proper production, including asset commissioning, will begin.

Currently, the team members required for the production of all assets apart from voice acting have been assembled, and proper production is underway. Active recruiting for voice actors may begin following the release of the demo, if sufficient demand is present.

Content and Restrictions
As this project contains adult content, I cannot permit prospective team members who cannot legally contribute to such works. Specifically, this content includes explicit depictions of violence, gore, and sexual acts. If you cannot legally contribute to a product with such content, or are not comfortable working with it, then please refrain from applying for available positions on this project's team.
Current Staffing
Production Assistants: Positions Filled

Programmer: Position Filled

Illustrators: Positions Filled

Composer: Position Filled

Sound Engineer: Position Filled

Script Editor: Position Filled

Translator (English to Japanese): Position Filled
Current Staffing Requirements
None at this time.
Future Staffing Requirements
Voice Actors
Although there are no immediate plans to implement voice talent into the final product, sufficient interest following demo release may convince me to recruit actors and actresses for the spoken dialogue found throughout the story. As with other positions, voice actors must be able and willing to work on a project which contains explicit sexual and violent content.
Compensation
The budget for this project is drawn entirely from my own personal savings, which, while being more than sufficient to fund the independent development of a non-commercial Visual Novel, places a hard cap on how much I can spend in total. That said, this is a labor of love for me, and I am more than willing to pay what is necessary to ensure that this project is completed with an acceptable level of quality in all of its assets. Your price listings or estimates and an accessible portfolio will be very helpful to me in making a determination about commissioning your work. If you have any prepared contracts, all the better.
Not a content creator? Know someone who is?
You may not be an asset creator, but if you know someone who is, your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Information
The best way to contact me privately is by my email address: rotgtie@gmail.com
I can also be contacted via my handle, RotGtIE, either here on LS, or via Steam, Skype, or Discord.
Of course, I will also be monitoring this thread for responses as well.
Last edited by RotGtIE on Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 22 times in total.

RotGtIE
Veteran

Re: DMB Recruiting [Currently: not actively recruiting]

#2 Post by RotGtIE »

This post is reserved for the answering of questions and for posting the most recent updates not essential for inclusion in the opening post.

---

Currently, we are actively recruiting for an English-to-Japanese translator for the script. Any contact regarding interested parties or recommendations would be appreciated.
Last edited by RotGtIE on Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.

mudora23
Regular

Re: DMB Recruiting [Currently: Project Director and Editor]

#3 Post by mudora23 »

[Programmer]

Hi, RotGtIE. My name is Ronald and I am interested in this project.
However, I cannot program the game in Ren'Py, but in game maker studio.

This is my info:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 66&t=32678

Looking forward to your reply,
Ronald
Last edited by mudora23 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HiddenCreature
Regular
Projects: Vampire: The New Birth

#4 Post by HiddenCreature »

If you have any other social profile like a blog or something, you should really consider posting the rest of your story's details there with a maturity warning. Otherwise even if people are of legal age, potential members will have to wait to be verified before they can even read about your story, and that's a bit inconvenient. I, for one, would have to be verified, and that would take at least an hour.

You can honestly do the directing yourself. Since it's your story and you have all the ideas, you need to give the final say of what stays and what doesn't.

If you haven't already, you need to make a game design document. It highlights all the main features planned for the game like story, cast, locations, etc. Then you need a free cloud folder service to upload all your team's submissions where they can access it. That way you don't have to email everything to everyone.

A blog is optional. I personally just email my team updates, but not after every single update so I don't fill their inboxes. Usually 2-3 updates, I send them emails.

Then you need an outline of a plan of action. What are the phases of development, what do you need at a particular time, and so forth. Since you're the creator, only you can know these things. People need to know what to do, and when to do it.

For a visual novel, anyway, this is pretty much all a director does. The only "difficult" part, is first figuring out what you want to do with the game. Once that's clear, you assign jobs, and keep everyone updated on the game's progress.

RotGtIE
Veteran

#5 Post by RotGtIE »

HiddenCreature wrote:If you have any other social profile like a blog or something, you should really consider posting the rest of your story's details there with a maturity warning. Otherwise even if people are of legal age, potential members will have to wait to be verified before they can even read about your story, and that's a bit inconvenient. I, for one, would have to be verified, and that would take at least an hour.

You can honestly do the directing yourself. Since it's your story and you have all the ideas, you need to give the final say of what stays and what doesn't.
Fair points. I agree, and have updated the content of the recruitment post to reflect these changes. I will be looking into implementing your other suggestions as well. Thank you for the advice.
Last edited by RotGtIE on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HiddenCreature
Regular
Projects: Vampire: The New Birth

#6 Post by HiddenCreature »

My pleasure :)

RotGtIE
Veteran

Re: DMB Recruiting [Currently: Composer]

#7 Post by RotGtIE »

We are now actively recruiting again - this time for a composer. I'll be looking into applicants and candidates for the position starting today.

EDIT: We've added a composer to the team, and are no longer actively recruiting for one.

RotGtIE
Veteran

Re: DMB Recruiting [Currently: Script Editor]

#8 Post by RotGtIE »

Once again, we are actively recruiting. The project is in need of a script editor who can perform a thorough copy-edit on the current draft of the story. If you are able to do this and interested in the project, please contact me and we can discuss terms.

EDIT: We have met our requirement for a script editor, and are no longer actively recruiting for one. Thanks again to everyone who showed interest.
Last edited by RotGtIE on Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

Re: DMB Recruiting [Currently: Script Editor]

#9 Post by Agashi »

This sounds very interesting! I've sent a PM.
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

RotGtIE
Veteran

Re: DMB Recruiting [Currently: Illustrators]

#10 Post by RotGtIE »

We have filled our positions for illustrators and are not actively recruiting at this time. However, if you are able to match the style and quality being demonstrated at our Dev Blog, feel free to contact me and I will see what we can work out.

RotGtIE
Veteran

Re: DMB Recruiting [Currently: ENG -> JAP Translator]

#11 Post by RotGtIE »

We are once again re-opening the project for additional staffing per our needs.

Currently, we are actively recruiting for an English-to-Japanese translator for the script. Any contact regarding interested parties or recommendations would be appreciated.

Amitte Sukku

Re: DMB Recruiting [Currently: ENG -> JAP Translator]

#12 Post by Amitte Sukku »

Hello. Unfortunately, I cannot help with translating your script to Japanese, but I take pride in my mother language, and therefore, I can offer myself as a translator to Polish! (: