The Seed (WRPG-esque visual novel Kickstarter)

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

The Seed (WRPG-esque visual novel Kickstarter)

#1 Post by gekiganwing »

I found a link to The Seed and its Kickstarter page while browsing r/visualnovels early this morning. But since there is currently no demo, I can't link to it.

The Seed is described as a CYOA -- a choose your own adventure. But to be honest, there are very few differences between gamebooks and visual novels. The former have historically been released as physical books with just a few illustrations. However, there's nothing keeping them from being released in electronic formats. And in my opinion, people can create VNs using whatever kind of art style, theme, and (optional) gameplay that they want.

From what I've read so far, The Seed is a post-apocalypse story. I'm not sure if people will read the story and choose options, or whether they'll be able to move main character through the world with mouse/keyboard or a controller. Aside from that, the creators promise a lot. The list includes three separate but connected acts, an inventory, item crafting, "more than 50 possible endings," and more. They have some experience -- the team previously made a mod for the computer game STALKER, called MISERY.