Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
busterj990

Re: Umineko no Naku Koro ni

#16 Post by busterj990 »

The anime will be out on July, 1, 09 http://umineko.tv/web/main/index.html

#17 Post by Guest »

georgmay wrote:frostieyes, higurashi forever =)
Umineko - boring, i think. very boring. begin is very simple. and other.....
this is not my....

how it say Umineko on Korean?
russian: " Chaiiki "
I get the feeling that you either haven't gotten past the first half of the first episode of Umineko (which is important background info on the characters that's kind of boring but it needs to be there - there's always the "CTRL"/skip button if you want to get to the good stuff) or you haven't played more than the first episode (since the first episode is relatively mundane).

I recommend you play through 2-4 or watch the anime when it comes out this July. It's different than Higurashi but it's just as good or better overall.

rika

#18 Post by rika »

i think when comapring the first episodes of umineko and higurashi, higurashi was much more 'boring'. o.O i mean, there was less of the 'happy days' in umineko and it moved right onto the crimes. the tension in higurashi was building up pretty slow at first, so i guess you could call it boring.

i love both series though. (and i love every single charcter, well maybe except takano and lambdadelta... but i can't say i dislike her her, i just don't love her as much as the others. XD) i hope anime adptation will be as good as higurashi one.

i found it hard to swallow the graphics in both of them though.

georgmay
Regular
Projects: Restriction

#19 Post by georgmay »

rika wrote:i think when comapring the first episodes of umineko and higurashi, higurashi was much more 'boring'. o.O i mean, there was less of the 'happy days' in umineko and it moved right onto the crimes. the tension in higurashi was building up pretty slow at first, so i guess you could call it boring.

i love both series though. (and i love every single charcter, well maybe except takano and lambdadelta... but i can't say i dislike her her, i just don't love her as much as the others. XD) i hope anime adptation will be as good as higurashi one.

i found it hard to swallow the graphics in both of them though.
We have different point of view. 8)
Returned

Sailerius
Regular
Completed: Vacant Sky, The Vestibule, Ars Harmonia
Organization: Project BC

#20 Post by Sailerius »

I'm currently in the middle of episode 3 of the VN and loving it. I was very skeptical at first but it's very enjoyable, particularly the "meta-battles" that start in episode 2. The art is a huge turnoff, but in a way, inspiring to think that something with such poor art got such great reception.

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#21 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

looking at these comments I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one that actually likes the art in umineko. I especially like it in comparison to the recent anime version.

...speaking of which, the moment I saw the anime version of the painting I burst out laughing. I do like that it has the same bgm, but some of the other things they did...

rika

#22 Post by rika »

well if i had to choose between the graphics in anime and vn, i'd choose vn.^^" (battler's eyes in anime >>> WTF. they look huge ;A;)
i wish it looked more like something between higurashi kai and game arts.

Mirena (lazy mode)

#23 Post by Mirena (lazy mode) »

Umineko~ <3 Just finished reading ep 1.

It seems pretty interesting so far. I'm liking the characters more than in Higurashi and they seem to have interesting conflicts and struggles. I think the character designs are a lot more visually appealing than the ones in Higurashi as well.

As for favorite characters I can't really choose yet.. I dislike Godha but that's about it. The rest are hard to judge, there's this feeling that there's a lot more to them (probably applies to Godha as well but so far he came off as a total jerk).

wrathie

#24 Post by wrathie »

/me waves

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Fan here,
I like
Ange
much, too much.

Guys guys, use spoiler tags!! ^__^
i'll be glad to go into discussions about it.

Epi5: The name is a dead give away.

Hail the Golden Witch, Am a Fantasy Side Player

FUuFUu

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#25 Post by JinzouTamashii »

I want to finish the Umineko VN but it's such a timesink... I'd rather be making my own!

I really enjoyed the anime, especially Beatrice and Battler.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

Mirena (lazy mode)

#26 Post by Mirena (lazy mode) »

I've seen a bit more of Umineko now, and I'm hooked! The bad thing about Umineko/Higurashi is that it makes me want to write something with murders + resets/time loops. But I don't feel like I would be able to come up with anything better than a low-grade rip-off..

Anyways, back to Umineko.

My favorite character is Eva. I love how she can be so mean at times, yet also has another side to her. After that comes the rest of the adults, I've grown to like all of them quite much. <3

Least liked character is Bernkastel, for now.

wrathie

#27 Post by wrathie »

JinzouTamashii wrote:I want to finish the Umineko VN but it's such a timesink... I'd rather be making my own!

I really enjoyed the anime, especially Beatrice and Battler.
I personally find DEEN, the studio botching it up, removing key hints.. and Super Papah! nO!
Mirena (lazy mode) wrote:My favorite character is Eva. I love how she can be so mean at times, yet also has another side to her. After that comes the rest of the adults, I've grown to like all of them quite much. <3

Least liked character is Bernkastel, for now.
Finished up to Episode 4 much?

My prediction: Ep5 will be awesome, for many reasons

Mirena (lazy mode)

#28 Post by Mirena (lazy mode) »

I think the anime did well at some parts.. less well at others. But it's still nice to see it animated.

As for your question, wrathie.. Yes, I've read ep 4.
And I have to say that the beginning was quite a slap in the face for me. But I still like Eva the most. <3 What she went through was pretty extreme, and we don't know how other characters would have reacted to it, so I find it unfair to judge her solely based on that. Also, I came across this extra TIPS called "the witches' tanabata" the other day and.. damn you Bernkastel.
I'm loking forward to the translation of ep 5 as well. I think saying that things will be crazy pretty much is a safe bet.

wrathie

#29 Post by wrathie »

Ah Epi 4..

Who do you like thou, the younger or the older Eva?

And out of all the adults, Kyrie is the most awesome of all the awesome.

And the witches Tanabata really makes life difficult for me on whether bern>Lambda

or as the spoilers suggest
Rika > Lambda
I've come up with many theories, and some of the stick.
The question is, the final riddle of Epi 4... hmm??

Suikama

#30 Post by Suikama »

wrathie wrote:Ah Epi 4..

Who do you like thou, the younger or the older Eva?

And out of all the adults, Kyrie is the most awesome of all the awesome.

And the witches Tanabata really makes life difficult for me on whether bern>Lambda

or as the spoilers suggest
Rika > Lambda
I've come up with many theories, and some of the stick.
The question is, the final riddle of Epi 4... hmm??
Sup wrathie :V

Also DEEN messed up the anime so badly that the episode previews are better than the show itself. Oh well it was to be expected anyways.