Freelance Writer and Proofreader [OPEN]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Freelance Writer and Proofreader [OPEN]

#1 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Hello all! I go by Bun, Hazel, or Hazel-Bun on these forums. You may also call me Olivia if you're more comfortable with real names. I’m opening my services as a freelance writer. I’m a native American-English speaker specializing in visual novels, short form fiction, proofreading, and worldbuilding.

I'm looking for projects around 10,000 - 35,000 words in length, and I'm very okay with following a strict outline or being given more creative freedom with your work. My rates and word count restrictions are flexible, as I understand some projects and creators can't conform to these set prices and limits.

Preferred Genres: Otome, Action, Sci-Fi, Romance, Western, Adventure, Slice-of-Life/Drama, Coming of Age, and Comedy, in more or less that order. I'm also a fan of Dieselpunk, Arcanepunk, and Spaghetti Westerns. I would prefer to not write 18+ material but, may be open if you ask. I have experience writing GxB and BxG related romances. I am more comfortable writing GxB. I’m also open to writing LGBTQIA+ but I don't have much experience in that area.

I have around seven years of experience when it comes to visual novel style writing, as well as over six years of writing experience in general. You can find some of my shorter form writing on my writing thread here. Two samples of my writing here and here.

My rates are as follows, all in USD through PayPal only:
Writing/Copywriting: $0.03USD-$0.08USD per word, includes writing and re-writing an existing script, checking for consistency and flow. Will also provide feedback and critique for copywriting upon request.

Proofreading: $0.03USD per word, includes basic editing for spelling and grammar.

Outlining: Rates vary depending on the complexity of the intended script.

Character Designing and or World Building: Rates vary depending on the complexity of the intended script/personal history.

I offer a project rate paid half upfront and the rest after completion, as long as it's a reasonable time frame. Otherwise, payment should be divided into chucks: an initial down payment, and the rest divided by word count.

SLOTS

1). Knell of St. Godhrkar by Andinomie

2). Bitter Honey

3). [EMPTY]

4). [EMPTY]

5). [EMPTY]

Previous Work:

FI: Interview by GB Patch Games (Editor)
Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy by Lucky Sun Scribes (Editor/Lead Writer)
Aethera Player Companion: Intrigue Manual by Encounter Table Publishing (Writer)
Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure by Seven Submarines (Editor/Lead Writer)
Bitter Truth (Demo Writer)
Kako no Koi (Proofreading)

Terms Of Service:

1). Down payment is expected before I start working. Payment is expected in full/chunks after I finish and present the writing/written chunks in question. Prices are negotiable depending so do ask me, and indicate if your work is commercial.
2). PayPal only! Prices listed in USD. Make sure to leave a shipping address out of your order. Send to cherubimscribes@gmail.com.
3). Make sure to message me with details before you send the payment, that way we both have an indication of what you want. A contract will be written by me and must be signed before I hand over any final writing. I will send it beforehand for you to make revisions to it.
If you'd like to work with me, please PM, comment here*, or make contact via email at cherubimscribes@gmail.com. If you're not sure what service to request, please forward or attach any files pertaining to the project, and I can offer up my ideas as to which one would serve your purposes best.

*If you comment here, a PM or email would be really helpful! I check this thread occasionally to update, etc. but check my emails and PM's daily.

Thank you for reading, and I hope to work with you soon :)!
Last edited by Hazel-Bun on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 38 times in total.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Freelance Writer, Editor, Proofreader, and Designer [OPE

#2 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Just wanted to say I'm open for trades as well! I'm mostly looking for art, music, and or GUI.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I am free again!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Added previous work and all five (5) slots are open ^^

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Freelance Writer, Editor, Proofreader, and Designer [CLO

#5 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I'm closing my services for now due to an influx of commissions, personal projects, school work, and my remaining GUI commissions! Please feel free to contact me for smaller gigs, however, or and larger projects so that I can put them on a waiting list till then ^^

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I've finished up a rather large commission (50K) for the most part, so I'm reopening my services! However, I'd still prefer projects on the smaller side, that way I can balance till my school/work break comes up in the next two weeks.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Demo for Bitter Truth is complete/some scenes edited. We'll be working together to edit it and get it all ready, but the base writing is finished :) Please support the team when it comes out.

I'm working on Lost Two at the moment and am very excited!

I am also opening back up for larger projects as the bulk of my work is nearing completion, and I am on break from college shortly.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I've adjusted my Terms of Service! All of my rates are now for both commercial and non-commercial games (I still am open to negotiation however). I just want to know if it's commercial to mark on the list.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Freelance Writer, Editor, Proofreader, and Designer [CLO

#9 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Took on a large commission so closing services for now! Happy New Year :)

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Freelance Writer, Proofreader, Designer, etc. [Semi-Open

#10 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I'm done, more or less, with my bigger commission. I'll be focusing on personal projects for the rest of the year. If you have a VN under 20K, or something in my preferred genres you want to pitch to me, I will still read them!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Freelance Writer and Proofreader [OPEN]

#11 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Due to some circumstances, I am reopening my commissions. I am free and upped my word count restriction. Please contact me right away! Will be taking on one larger project or two smaller ones. If you have something gamedev/unrelated under 10,000 words please contact me as well. Thank you!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I'm open again! Looking for midsized projects.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Completely open for projects of any length!

P. S. Go go NaNoRenO2017!