Sponsorship for projects

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: Sponsorship for projects

#31 Post by sake-bento »

Thread moved, as requested. Also, just wanna chime in and say you're doing a great thing, and this is the sort of community support we love to see.

breadslam
Regular
Tumblr: breadslam

#32 Post by breadslam »

This is quite wonderful, Katta. If there's a way I can help you sponsor free projects, please let me know. I'd be interested in throwing in some of my own resources and skills should they be needed. :)

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#33 Post by Katta »

Thank you!
Well, that depends on what you're willing to do - I'm mainly looking to support the projects that I like myself (that's one project for now - the sprite sketches from halcyon are already done! I've accepted two other projects but unfortunately they backed off at least for now) so I can send other people your way if you wish. Or you can always share your resources in creative commons, that's greatly appreciated too (upd: though I see you're already doing it :)).

breadslam
Regular

#34 Post by breadslam »

Katta wrote:Thank you!
Well, that depends on what you're willing to do - I'm mainly looking to support the projects that I like myself (that's one project for now - the sprite sketches from halcyon are already done! I've accepted two other projects but unfortunately they backed off at least for now) so I can send other people your way if you wish. Or you can always share your resources in creative commons, that's greatly appreciated too (upd: though I see you're already doing it :)).
I'm mainly a programmer and editor to be entirely honest, so I'd be more useful as background support. When it comes to free projects, I don't have any preferences on content or narrative. As long as there's an honest determination to make a project they're passionate about a reality, there's really no one that I wouldn't mind lending a helping hand to. But I completely understand if you'd rather have us work separately with different people (after all, too many cooks in the kitchen ruin the soup). :)

Katta
Veteran

#35 Post by Katta »

Yes, I try not to be too officious, so the decision whether they need an editor/programmer or not is up to the writers. Thank you very much for the offer though.

breadslam
Regular

#36 Post by breadslam »

No problem. You're being incredibly kind and generous with both your time and your money. It's the least I could do. :)

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#37 Post by CrimsonMoon »

You're generous for wanting to sponsor projects. :D I might PM you one of these days, but I want to finish my story first (already around 10k words). However since I don't set any dateline to my story, I fear it may take me a while to finish it. In the future, I'd want to do something like what you're doing, this is a good inspiration to the community. :oops:
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

Katta
Veteran

#38 Post by Katta »

Thank you! And I wish you good luck with your project too)

Katta
Veteran

#39 Post by Katta »

I really wanted to update this thread with the progress made, but unfortunately the artist we commissioned for Godline's project "Sibling Experiment" just disappeared with the money, so we'll have to search for a new artist in a new year, just with 200$ less this time :cry:

Upd: got contacted by the artist, so maybe not everything is lost :roll:

godman85
Regular
Organization: Black Sands Entertainment

#40 Post by godman85 »

I contacted you. My project is in full time production right now and we could always use sponsors so I don't go broke O_O

Katta
Veteran

#41 Post by Katta »

Answered in PM