[Solved] Disabling keymap for the quick menu

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
doctorcello

[Solved] Disabling keymap for the quick menu

#1 Post by doctorcello »

Hey! I'm pretty new to Ren'Py and coding in general, so forgive me if this has an obvious solution. I'm trying to figure out how to disable the keymap for the quick menu so that you can only access the buttons with a mouse. I know how to disable keys in theory (I've seen this), but I'm not sure which phrases affect the quick menu (like bar_left, input_left, etc.). Either way, though, I'd rather go find the code for the quick menu and disable it from there rather than disabling bar_left or whichever one it uses.

Thanks!
Last edited by doctorcello on Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Disabling keymap for the quick menu

#2 Post by PyTom »

Right now, there isn't a way to do this. It seems like a reasonable request, so I'll add it.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

doctorcello

Re: Disabling keymap for the quick menu

#3 Post by doctorcello »

Oh, thanks! That's really nice of you, haha. I think I'll just suppress the menu in the meanwhile.