ALT effect on the menu item on the choice screen

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

ALT effect on the menu item on the choice screen

#1 Post by leon »

Is there a way to use an ALT effect on the menu item on the choice screen after it has been clicked? I would like to have the item slide left, once it has been selected.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

Re: ALT effect on the menu item on the choice screen

#2 Post by SundownKid »

Well you will probably have to make a transform, then add "button at my_transform" instead of "button" in the choice screen. Then set it so when the button is clicked, it does the transform you wanted.

If you wanted different behaviors depending on the button, you will probably have to make a separate screen that copies the choice screen.

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

Re: ALT effect on the menu item on the choice screen

#3 Post by leon »

SundownKid wrote:Then set it so when the button is clicked, it does the transform you wanted.
But how do I trigger it on click?