File in APK can unrar, file not archived

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
lyminh99
Regular

File in APK can unrar, file not archived

#1 Post by lyminh99 »

I find that problem is i built the apk file for android device and i can unrar from it, the file should be archive when i built for window not archived in there. I am afraid of the stealing material from there, is there anyway for this? I still don't know much about this, Thanks.
Last edited by lyminh99 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

Re: File in APK can unrar, file not archived

#2 Post by Asceai »

While it is possible (Create another distribution, copy the .RPA into the game directory, exclude the packaged files from inclusion in the build) it is not recommended due to the performance implications of double-packing files (I believe RPAs rely on fast random access and zipped files are not efficiently accessed). If it makes you feel any better, people can steal data from your .RPAs anyway, it's just slightly more work.

lyminh99
Regular

Re: File in APK can unrar, file not archived

#3 Post by lyminh99 »

Yes, i know there is not absolute way to keep all the thing on the internet, but at least reduce it. Anyway, thanks. :)