Trouble using Imagemaps/ImageButtons

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Orboz

Trouble using Imagemaps/ImageButtons

#1 Post by Orboz »

Hi, I'm new to using Ren'Py and have been testing it out for a while. I've looked at several tutorials and even checked the script files from the tutorial available on Ren'Py when downloaded. I've dealt with a lot of troubleshooting but have managed to get things working. But it appears that I've finally hit a wall, and working with imagemaps/imagebuttons looks to be so simple I'm sorry if I'm asking an easy question. For know imagebuttons was giving me a hard time that I decided to test out using imagemaps but I still have trouble with it. Basically I've just been testing out how to use these functions so I'm not working on a large game. Essentially there's a scene in the game where the player should be able to point and click on the screen (like a map) to get around. Below are the images of the scripts and error messages. I need help figuring this out, your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Attachments
And this is the error code
And this is the error code
This is where the imagemap is located in the screens file
This is where the imagemap is located in the screens file
Code from the script file
Code from the script file

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Trouble using Imagemaps/ImageButtons

#2 Post by PyTom »

Try changing "auto" to "ground". Auto is only used when you're automatically generating the filenames - you could also have:

Code: Select all

auto "outside_%s.png"
If you had outside_ground.png, outside_hover.png, etc.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Orboz

Re: Trouble using Imagemaps/ImageButtons

#3 Post by Orboz »

Yes! Thank you very much. This solved my problem. I really appreciate your help :)