Using images as choices?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Nouvaxio
Projects: Recognize Me Next Time
Organization: Nouvaxio

Using images as choices?

#1 Post by Nouvaxio »

Yes, I've read that imagemaps can be used for menu buttons and such, but how about for choices? I'm planning to do something like this:

Start menu -> start game -> Prologue -> Choose between two characters' POV -> Chapter 1 of chosen character

And the way the players have to choose is to hover (which when you hover, a pop-up of sorts appear describing the character and such, if it's possible) and click on the characters' images to choose their POV.

I've read around and I don't know if there really isn't a topic already about this or I just missed it. Is this even achievable? I hope it is, but I guess I'll think of another way of displaying that part if that isn't achievable. Thanks in advance!

xela
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Using images as choices?

#2 Post by xela »

Sounds like a basic imagebutton or imagemap with a tooltip. All of that is in the screen language documentation and there are dozens of threads with explanations.
Like what we're doing? Support us at: