Viewports and multiple vertical scrollbar positions...

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
underbliss
Regular
Projects: Ebon Light
Tumblr: underbliss
Deviantart: Ahnna

Viewports and multiple vertical scrollbar positions...

#1 Post by underbliss »

Hi! Full disclosure: it is only by the grace of forums like these I have any semblance of a clue what I'm doing.

I'm making a codex. You click one of the subject buttons, a list (buttons) for every entry you've unlocked show up, you click one, entry shows up to the right.

The problem I'm having is both the list of entries and the entry itself requires a vertical scrollbar, both are set in viewports, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to either define two separate positions for each scrollbar....

Alternatively, I can't figure out how to link a new vertical scrollbar style to a viewport...

Got this kinda thing going on:

Code: Select all

init:
    style vscrollbar:
        xpos 190
        ypos 375 

Code: Select all

screen People:
    tag menu2
    viewport:
        draggable True
        mousewheel True
        xpos 200 ypos 365 xmaximum 500 ymaximum 555
        scrollbars "vertical"

vbox:

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong/what I need to do? <3

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Viewports and multiple vertical scrollbar positions...

#2 Post by Alex »

You should use "side" for proper positioning of the scrollbar. So, when you create two viewports this way (one for the list of entries and another one for the entry itself) everything should look right.
http://www.renpy.org/doc/html/screens.html#viewport

underbliss
Regular
Projects: Ebon Light
Tumblr: underbliss
Deviantart: Ahnna

Re: Viewports and multiple vertical scrollbar positions...

#3 Post by underbliss »

Alex wrote:You should use "side" for proper positioning of the scrollbar. So, when you create two viewports this way (one for the list of entries and another one for the entry itself) everything should look right.
http://www.renpy.org/doc/html/screens.html#viewport
Ugh thank you a ton!
All fixed. I really appreciate it!