Image color replacement from a color table

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
TreeSamurai

Image color replacement from a color table

#1 Post by TreeSamurai »

The issue I'm having is I want to create a way that I can load one image into Ren'py but a color table determines the colors used for the image.

I.E I can start off with loading in an image like (done in photoshop)

and by editing the colors in the table (top left of the image) I can change it to look like:

Thanks for your time and suggestions guys!

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

Re: Image color replacement from a color table

#2 Post by SundownKid »

If you only want to change certain colors, you might be able to do a LiveComposite of an image with different layers and then change the hue of those layers on the fly. (I'm assuming you want more color combinations than would be feasible with separate images).

TreeSamurai

#3 Post by TreeSamurai »

SundownKid wrote:If you only want to change certain colors, you might be able to do a LiveComposite of an image with different layers and then change the hue of those layers on the fly. (I'm assuming you want more color combinations than would be feasible with separate images).
yes, The other way I could get my idea to work is to remove color channels from the image. I.E if I give a full color image, but only take the Cyan of the CMYK color out.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#4 Post by Donmai »

No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

TreeSamurai

#5 Post by TreeSamurai »

Sadly This doesn't quiet give the results I'm after. Thanks a lot for the links through!