Preferences imagebutton windowed 'active' state not working

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
underbliss
Regular
Projects: Ebon Light
Tumblr: underbliss
Deviantart: Ahnna

Preferences imagebutton windowed 'active' state not working

#1 Post by underbliss »

Hi :)
In my game's preferences screen I use imagebuttons.

Code: Select all

imagebutton auto "images/GUI/GUIButtons/yesbutton_%s.png" xpos 600 ypos 170 focus_mask True action Preference('display', 'fullscreen')
    imagebutton auto "images/GUI/GUIButtons/nobutton_%s.png" xpos 665 ypos 170 focus_mask True action Preference('display', 'window')
With the 'windowed/fullscreen' option, when 'window' is selected the corresponding imagebutton refuuuuuses to display as active, or use it's selected_ etc images.
It works in every other instance using the exact same buttons:

Code: Select all

imagebutton auto "images/GUI/GUIButtons/yesbutton_%s.png" xpos 600 ypos 255 focus_mask True action Preference('transitions', 'all')
    imagebutton auto "images/GUI/GUIButtons/nobutton_%s.png" xpos 665 ypos 255 focus_mask True action Preference('transitions', 'none')
Anyone know how to get it to work as intended? I've heard someone else say they have the same issue but I couldn't find another thread about it I apologize if my searching skills were lacking :)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Preferences imagebutton windowed 'active' state not work

#2 Post by PyTom »

window is only selected when the window is unscaled. If your monitor is small enough the window always has to be shrunk, you'll never see Preferences("display", "window") in the selected state.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

underbliss
Regular
Projects: Ebon Light
Tumblr: underbliss
Deviantart: Ahnna

Re: Preferences imagebutton windowed 'active' state not work

#3 Post by underbliss »

!! Thank you!