Pausing in Script.rpy [Solved]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
GreyWolfXx
Regular
IRC Nick: Grey

Pausing in Script.rpy [Solved]

#1 Post by GreyWolfXx »

Hi!

Whenever I pause in script.rpy the textbox disappears for the duration of the pause. Is there a way to fix this? It's much simpler to pause here, but when I do that issues pops up. Is there a different way to pause? Whenever I pause in another .rpy file it never UNPAUSES. So it will stay there forever.

For example, I have a different .rpy file where I put transforms. Whenever I pause inside the transform the object never leaves after the pause.
But when I pause after the show statement in script.rpy the textbox will disappear.

I'm trying add a "fade in" and "fade out" transform for .4 seconds each. Then have the object stay for 1 second. Adding up to 1.8, but pausing doesn't work with transforms. They just stay.

"We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom,
but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where
all the contradictions flow together." -- Terrence Mckenna