Korean Input Problem with cursor

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
i_jemin
Regular
Github: i_jemin

Korean Input Problem with cursor

#1 Post by i_jemin »

It's hard to describe problem is... cuz you need to understand how computer get Hangul input.

Single Korean character is constructed with multiple korean alphabet like '간' or '가' with ㄱ ,ㅏ, ㄴ/ㄱ,ㅏ

Problem is when I put Korean word in renpy's input window, RenPy won't accept 'Enter' key before I complete single character I write on.
In this case, character that I write on desciribe as , and other input from device won't accepted until I 'complete' this character.
User can complete character by moving cursor like this -> 가_, by space key(this will delete latest character) or right arrow key, enter key.

It's not big problem in PC/MAC cuz you can enter twice.

But in mobile devices, enter key won't move cursor to next-complete single character, just act as "Enter" function(I don't know why),
so I can't do anything until my latest korean character is completed.
User may can use space key, but this will replace uncompleted korean character as space.
It's very inconvenient.

Any solutions?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Korean Input Problem with cursor

#2 Post by PyTom »

Can you give me an input sequence that explains how to do this on mobile? I can't guarantee anything - I don't have much control over this, as we only get events from the input method.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

i_jemin
Regular

#3 Post by i_jemin »

i_jemin
Regular

#4 Post by i_jemin »

In one sentence: if you don't force a cursor to move right end, you can type but you can't enter other languages by Input Function.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#5 Post by PyTom »

I've been trying to fix this, but I'm not sure I got the right fix for the right problem. Can you try the 2015-10-12 nightly build when it comes out (in about 6 hours). http://nightly.renpy.org/

If this doesn't work, can you give me a link to the korean input method you're using? I can't demonstrate the problem in the Google-supplied IM, and I think it might be Input method specific.

just to make things harder on you, I recently blocked korean text from the forum due to a persistent pass spammer. Sorry about that.

Thanks.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom