[Solved] Problem with jEdit?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Melodic Ninja

[Solved] Problem with jEdit?

#1 Post by Melodic Ninja »

I think my jEdit has a problem. Everytime I try to upload an image, a bunch of random symbols and letters appear in it's place and I can't bring up the help menu either.

And I know it says to include traceback.txt or error.txt above, but I don't know how to do that :oops:
Last edited by Melodic Ninja on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

backansi
Veteran

Re: Problem with jEdit?

#2 Post by backansi »

Melodic Ninja wrote:Everytime I try to upload an image, a bunch of random symbols and letters appear in it's place and I can't bring up the help menu either.
Sorry, but, why did you load an image with jEdit? You don't have to do that. It's not a suitable program for opening images, but a script editor.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#3 Post by Aleema »

You don't load images into jEdit. You have to script your game to point to where on your hard drive the image is. You need all of the images you want to use to be inside of your game's folder.

fortaat
Regular

#4 Post by fortaat »

Read the quick start, and especially this part:

http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/tut ... art#Images

Use "The Question" project for future reference.

Melodic Ninja

#5 Post by Melodic Ninja »

Sorry, I'm a no0b at this... When I read that link in the post above before, I didn't get it. Thanx for everyone's help for this bothersome me :oops: You might as well just delete this topic