Fantasia: Grand Finale [Hiatus]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
FoxyYoko
Regular

Re: Fantasia: Grand Finale (GXB, VN+RPG) DEMO 1ST PAGE

#301 Post by FoxyYoko »

weeeeeee I like the loading thing and now i'm downloading xD

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#302 Post by azureXtwilight »

Did you manage to extract them? Please, I beg you, Lord! ><

Qookies
Regular

#303 Post by Qookies »

I did and I'm playing it. But uploading's slow! And Len's opponent is
Zephyr! I'm surprised at that!

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#304 Post by Coren »

WOOTS OMGBBQ AZURE YOU ARE AWESOME OR ARE YOU AWESOMER THAN AWESOME! *gasp*

This is epic. I am dying of your epicness. Demo! Demo! Demo!

Thanks for such an amazing gift after such a tiring day (giving a speech advocating for the teachers pretending to be government officials on public order, wth is that), Azure. I cannot thank you enough.

Qookies
Regular

#305 Post by Qookies »

I found a bug:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'pos' referenced before assignment

While running game code:
 - script at line 100 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/battle_engine.rpy
 - python at line 314 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/battle_engine.rpy.
 - python at line 1191 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/script.rpy.
 - python at line 454 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/anim.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\main.py", line 310, in main
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 234, in run
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 558, in execute
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\python.py", line 937, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/battle_engine.rpy", line 314, in <module>
  File "D:\renpy-6.10.2\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/script.rpy", line 1191, in dofoeattack
  File "D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/anim.rpy", line 454, in skill_anim

While running game code:
 - script at line 100 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/battle_engine.rpy
 - python at line 314 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/battle_engine.rpy.
 - python at line 1191 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/script.rpy.
 - python at line 454 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/anim.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.10.2e
That happened when Baby Snail hit Zephyr in the sewers.

chelxoxo
Regular
Projects: Fantasia RoT novelisation, editor for Fantasia 3... and a secret :p

#306 Post by chelxoxo »

Playing this now and seeing all the characters together... wow, all those late nights are totally worth it. Let's work hard again, 'Zureneechan! ^^
Turns out my unicorn was a donkey with a plunger stuck to its head.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#307 Post by Aleema »

I can't figure out what's causing this error, azure. >_> I'm going to need more people to tell me when and how they get it. I sent you a fix, maybe? Hopefully. I dunno.

Also, how the heck do these files extract? I have all of them downloaded, but ... O_o Figured it out, but it wasn't easy. Weird.

Some things I noticed:
- Hotkeying S and I to things prevented me from using those letters in naming my pet. Had to call her Prat instead of Princess. :(
- Generally, I really, really like this one, azure. I think this is my favorite game of yours. It's really easy to get into, has a lot of extra stuff to do. I'm really happy for you. :D
- Got this error:
traceback.txt
(3.34 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Last edited by Aleema on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#308 Post by azureXtwilight »

Qookies wrote:I found a bug:

script.

While running game code:

File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\main.py", line 310, in main
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 234, in run
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 558, in execute
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\python.py", line 937, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/battle_engine.rpy", line 314, in <module>
  File "D:\renpy-6.10.2\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/script.rpy", line 1191, in dofoeattack
  File "D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/anim.rpy", line 454, in skill_anim

While running game code:

That happened when Baby Snail hit Zephyr in the sewers.
Save before each battle, it happens randomly. ^^

@ Kirro : The hard work pays off! Whee!
@ Chel : Yes! *is now in charged up mode*
@ Aleema : That is all right. I promised it won't be bug-free.
Hope you enjoy it!
Last edited by azureXtwilight on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#309 Post by Coren »

Ugh, I cannot download the files. The download keeps breaking on me. I'll wait for someone to upload the completed version. Now I feel left out. D:

Qookies
Regular

#310 Post by Qookies »

Another one at the end:

script.

IOError: Couldn't find file '2.jpg'.

While running game code:
 - script at line 7664 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/script.rpy

File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 935, in execute
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\exports.py", line 711, in with_statement
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 1404, in do_with
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 1578, in interact
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 1726, in interact_core
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 254, in predict
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 228, in visit_all
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 254, in <lambda>
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\display\im.py", line 501, in predict_one
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\display\im.py", line 195, in get
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\display\im.py", line 530, in load
  File "D:\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\loader.py", line 319, in load
IOError: Couldn't find file '2.jpg'.

While running game code:
 - script at line 7664 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\(Demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/script.rpy

Just when I was gonna upload full version computer got closed... Not of the demo though. There was a storm.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#311 Post by azureXtwilight »

Okies, replace the rpyc file at the game folder with this:

http://www.4shared.com/file/8sed24Ki/script.html

Keep the old one first, we dunno what would happen >.>

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#312 Post by Coren »

Zomg, I managed to reduce Zephyr to 4 HP but I died anyway. Just one more attack and he was going to be dead meat! Grr!

chelxoxo
Regular
Projects: Fantasia RoT novelisation, editor for Fantasia 3... and a secret :p

#313 Post by chelxoxo »

Kirroha wrote:Zomg, I managed to reduce Zephyr to 4 HP but I died anyway. Just one more attack and he was going to be dead meat! Grr!
I won with 10HP :D *feels awesome* It must've been that awesome track in the background... I listen to it every time I have a piece of script with Zeph in it XD
Turns out my unicorn was a donkey with a plunger stuck to its head.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#314 Post by Coren »

Darn it! The snails are too hard!

... I feel incompetent. XD Does your HP/MP restore after every battle?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#315 Post by azureXtwilight »

Kirroha wrote:Darn it! The snails are too hard!

... I feel incompetent. XD Does your HP/MP restore after every battle?
Yes.

And if Zeph's "I-DON'TCARE-NOOB-GO-DIE" attitude in the mission makes you angry much, try using his double wind slash and Len's hailstorm. Focus in one enemy first, then go with others. Later on, tornado will be your best friend (Zeph). ^^

And yes, it restored ^^