: Claire Parker(age 20) is a miracle in early 19th century Kirkland. And by miracle, it means that Claire is one of the few women to serve in the Kirkish army under the recent policy that women are allowed to serve in the military. The policy was first adopted by the newfound country, Libertyria, after its success of independence from Kirkland. After Libertyria's adoption of the policy, countries all over the world adopted the policy in favor of "listening" to their female citizens whom demanded equality. At least equality starting with the chance to enter the military, but such change has yet to see success in increasing percentages of female soldiers. Most women end up providing support and "homemaking" skills at bases. Given the opportunity her father presented to her after requesting a favor from the army's field marshal, Claire has served a few years in the army up to the current ranking as a lieutenant. One assignment, however, would end her career permanently regardless of the outcome, good or bad. Given a covert mission that may take years to complete, Claire needs to infiltrate Francisia's army and assassinate the army's top general, effectively crippling chances of dominating Kirkland and all of Eurania. Will this assignment be as easy as she expected?Characters
Claire Parker: A young woman who discarded her critical years as a gentlewoman for a sabre. Claire has an utmost sense of loyalty to her country, Kirkland. Peppered by the mocking comments of the male soldiers for a long time, Claire can willfully lash out at any man who dares challenge her place in the army or in society. At the same time, however, Claire has a soft disposition, possibly a flaw, to let others have their opinions be spoken while keeping her opinions to herself because of the way her father raised her.
Claire -Project Branch Page- (mini).png
Alan Bernard(age 24): One of the generals who serve in the Francisian army. Overall has a good nature, he is well respected in the army even when he has his strict moments with his division. Absolutely loyal to his country as well as humble with his status as a member of the upper-class and the military. He can be a little bit slow sometimes in picking up signs women give to him. He is unintentionally René's rival.This is only V.1 of his sprite. I'm currently working on improving the lineart.
Project Branch Alan Bernard.png
René Fontaine(age 23): Has the high-and-mighty complex of himself despite his position as lieutenant. Considers Alan his rival out of some envy with military rank and skills. Controls his own little army division despite not getting promoted and through the influence of his passive general. Does not like being compared to his fraternal twin brother, Louis.
Drake Fontaine (mini).png
André Fernand(age 23): Slightly clumsy and happy-go-lucky café owner, André will occasionally treat Claire some of his meals for free. He is also the support Claire needs when she feels "stuck-in-a-rut" or when she just feels like talking.
León Lambert(age 22): The Francisian field marshal's secretary. Inherited the recessive gene of albinism that noticeably affects his hair and skin, León experienced some difficulty getting around the streets because of stares. Therefore, he only thought it was suitable of him to be a secretary and spend much of his day indoors. Although he appears to be unfriendly to the students and some faculty members, León is close friends with Alan.
Leon Default Sprite.png
Taylor Williams (age 22): Military "buddies" with Claire, Taylor has known Claire a few years back since she joined the military. An outgoing young man, Taylor rarely thinks about the consequences of his words when he speaks. He joins her in the short voyage overseas to see her off before going back to Kirkland and hopes that he could see her again.
Taylor Sprite (Default test).png
General Walter (age 53): One of the Kirkish army's prestigious generals as well as Claire's superior. Took Claire in roughly 3 years ago after her father requested that she be able to join the military. A small request to help the low, middle-class father give his daughter a more comfortable life in exchange for the father saving the field marshal. He is the one who assigned Claire to the covert mission.
General Walter Sprite Display.png
Liliana Blanc (age 24): Housekeeper of the residential building where Claire resides. Has a very aloof nature which makes her complimentary to her friend, Kamille Chevalier. The most easygoing of the housekeepers on the grounds, Liliana is well-liked by her employees.
Kamille Chevalier (age 24): One of the very few women to successfully rise in the ranks to a commanding general, Kamille is someone to be feared. What she may lack in strength to the next man, she compensates with her mobility and effectively making lethal strikes. The eldest daughter of her family, rich in economic and militant backgrounds, Kamille is the head of her family despite her father's preference for a male heir and because of having only sisters. Has a strict demeanor which ticks off René, but oddly enough is good friends with him.
Kamille Sketch.png Features
- The player has the ability to shape Claire's personality through her responses from passive, neutral, and aggressive. She can be the pushover who will have a difficulty getting through her mission or she can be hot-blooded at times against many things particularly the status quo for women during the time period.
- Responses can range from being polite to rude.
- Almost 14 endings
+Alan (1 good and bad ending)
+Marc (1 good and bad ending)
+André (1 good and bad ending)
+León (1 good and bad ending)
+Taylor (1 bad ending... seriously, I'm stuck on figuring out what will be "good" about an ending besides killing the general and going back to Taylor)
+ 2 solo endings (good and bad)
+1 harem ending (bad... I don't know what to do with making a "good" ending besides getting all the guys together)
- There will be quizzes from time to time at the academy which Claire must do well in order to raise affection points from any guy or lose face with any of them.
- This entire visual novel is created under the VN engine, Novelty. Unfortunately, that means only a Windows version of the game is playable.
- Should I ever even finish the Novelty version someday, I would like to post a recruitment for a coder who can help me enhance the game by making it Ren'py-compatible. This means that I will have the basic variables and structure of the game, but I just want to enhance it with a customized UI complete with desired CG gallery and adjustable functions for basic parts such as volume (since Novelty Beta doesn't have the ability to adjust in-game). In other words, something along the lines of an expansion pack with all the bells and whistles absent from the Novelty version.
-The coder can do the work for UI enhancement and possible advance variable features, or at least tell me how to do these things all for free
. One feature I would like to see is that I want the game to keep track of how diligent the player is in reporting back to headquarters, and that the ending will change based on the player's consistency to his or her duty as a spy.
List of terms:
1. Eurania is essentially Europe for the purpose of this story. In order to bend the social rules of allowing women into the military, I decided to create a parallel universe where the landmasses have different names, but have the same history as real world history. This game is still labeled as Alternate History or Universe
where real world history will be implemented to the fictional countries and their societies.
2. Kirkland is Great Britain. I got the name from "Arthur Kirkland", and unofficial human name given to Hetalia's England.
3. Francisia is France.
: 15% (Switched to Ren'py so it will be possible for the game to be available to everyone)Sprites
: 8% (Working on André)CGs
: 5% (placeholders at best until I replace them with royalty-free music)
The game contains 590 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 7,131 words,
for an average of 12.1 words per screen.
The game contains 35 menus.