Another day, another arbitrary amount of money

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Another day, another arbitrary amount of money

#16 Post by papillon »

Well, that's the benefit of having both communities exist - when someone posts a whine about bad service that is in fact clearly the customer being unreasonable, they get dogpiled by people pointing that out to them. :)

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#17 Post by VenusEclipse »

Customer Service stuff.
I heard some suck the life out of you depending on where you live or work, and I'm glad I don't live/work there.
Last edited by VenusEclipse on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friendbot2000
Regular
Projects: Mutagen : Journey to Haven's Landing

#18 Post by Friendbot2000 »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Until yesterday I worked casual at a cafe as, well, everything. Waitress, Barista, Customer Service and lots and lots of cleaning. Technically I was part time but my boss was doing illegal stuff. I had been working there while I was in my last year of uni, but I have resigned and I am going to try freelance work for a while. I was getting really angry with customers. They were all getting really rude and I was this close to doing something violent. No-one knows manners any more. The stories I could tell >:(
I worked in a department store one summer and I had a lady pay for a 36 dollar item in loose change. Now I am normally a fountain of patience, but I had just worked a twelve hour shift and it was past closing so I was about to murder this lady.
Last edited by Friendbot2000 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my game development group's Facebook page : Timekeeper Games
Mutagen : Journey to Haven's Landing Facebook Page
Follow our Twitter feed too : TK Games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#19 Post by jack_norton »

well, I'm fulltime indie so... I make games, like papillon. I promised to myself to never work in an office again in my life, and I really plan to keep that promise at all costs :)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#20 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Papillion, Don't mind me, I'm just a very angry person when it comes to customers. I think you have to be brain dead to have enough patience to deal with them. I respect anyone who does it for a living without going on a killing spree. But I agree it can be just as difficult for a customer sometimes.
I worked in a department store one summer and I had a lady pay for a 36 dollar item in loose change. Now I am normally a fountain of patience, but I had just worked a twelve hour shift and it was past closing so I was about to murder this lady.
lol. We have had that happen before too. They act like you have all thee time in the world or something. It is like the people who come up and ask if we are still serving coffee, despite all the chairs being on the table and me standing there with a mop. You know mister, I really want to go home. We don't wait around to serve you coffee.

And then you have people who think their time is more important than yours. I had a guy who wanted me to make a sandwich for him:
Guy: I want white bread with chicken, tomato, cheese, beetroot, lettuce, carrot, sun dried tomato, avocado, onion and honey mustard. Can I pay for it now and come back? Okay.
Me: (blinks at him having just gotten out the bread)... I'm not going to be able to remember that.
Guy: Ah.. yes. I wanted chicken, lettuce, tomato ummm. What else? Now I can't remember.
Me:...

No shit. And yet you expected me to remember it so you could run off and do something because I am a bloody robot obviously.

Najica
Regular
Completed: Connection

#21 Post by Najica »

So far, I don't work with anything orz being a student in high school and trying to apply to "summer jobs" ain't the easiest when you don't have any kind of "connection" >.>; (my mom works in caring-part of society and my dad looking for jobs himself ^_^;; )

I've done free work through school though lol, that being a food store, a bakery (in the bakery part not the register) and IT-support thingy~

As for customers doing/saying stupid things there is always http://notalwaysright.com/ ^_^ good site

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#22 Post by LVUER »

Let see... I'm a teacher, so I teach. I teach senior high school students, junior high school students, I've even give lectures in a college for several years. I mainly teach programming (VB/Basic and Delphi/Pascal), but I also teach Photoshop, Flash, MS Office, and Dreamweaver (HTML).

It's quite fun, teaching... I meet lots of kind of people (kids) and brats. There are hard times too... but all in all, I love teaching, though definitely not the job I want to spent the rest of my life with... simply because teacher in my country is getting paid dirt.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#23 Post by Camille »

Perpetual student here. I do some freelance design work for money on the side and am also a babysitter, lmfao. Whatever pays bills, right? |Db