[WIP GxB] Machina Jewel | first post updated 7/20/2011+poll!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

Re: [WIP] Machina Jewel

#16 Post by Camille »

This game will be free, but we'll be accepting donations. :D If you donate more than $1, you'll get a walkthrough for the game, though the walkthrough will not contain any of the secret endings.

Haha yeah all of the backgrounds so far come from Autumn, so. :P

Celestie
Veteran

#17 Post by Celestie »

*checks bank account* Honestly, Donations, sure, why not, except...my online banking knowledge is close to zero. And I asked my bank, it's slightly more complicated than first thought xD Hm, Maybe, hopefully until then I have figured out everything with my bank account xD

...do want to play. All of the Starry Sky games, in fact. Damn language barrier. Okay, I'll stop talking off-topic now. :3
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#18 Post by Camille »

Haha I just have my bank account connected to my PayPal account? But yeah you don't have to donate, so. (I think getting a best ending might be hard in your first playthrough of the game, but it should be a lot easier once you're used to all the characters and such and we'll be giving hints)

I feel like Japanese otome games tend to use very easy-to-understand Japanese, though. Usually they don't have as much kanji or include in-game dictionaries/furigana. So with that plus AGTH for PC games, I'm pretty much set. /played and beat all the Starry Sky games already

JUST SO THIS IS ON TOPIC I'll add another working screencap of the game. /added in a clock. Again the bg and character sprites are temporary and for test purposes only.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Camille »

Here's an update~! The artist was testing out different coloring styles and such:

Alonzo is on the left and Azhar is on the right. This is pretty much the style that the CGs are going to be in and probably the final designs for these two characters. :D (which one would you go for? ;3) In terms of writing, I'm almost done with chapter two, so the game is moving along. I'll update the first post once chapter two is done later tonight.

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#20 Post by EternalDream »

The art's pretty nice~! *O* I'm so going to stalk this game... =w=b
The story plot from what I read from your site (btw, nice site xD) sounds a bit typical, but I have hopes that you can break that typicalness! >: D I'm looking forward to a lot of awesomeness from this game :D (Hope I'm not pressuring you ^^;;) Anyways, I wish you luck on your project! C:

And to your question, Alonzo for sure >:3 Since I'm into red hairs <3 XD

My only worry is that the girl sprites seem to somehow always be taller or bigger than the guy sprites? o_O;; (It feels kind of awkward looking at them lol)

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Camille »

Thanks for the compliments! XD I feel like almost any otome game plot has probably been done before, but we have a lot of twists and turns so it may not be what you expect. ;D We just didn't want to spoil anything in the summary, so we summarized it as simply as possible. C: We pressure ourselves plenty, so a little more won't hurt anything. XD

As I've said, all the sprites in the screenshots are just for test purposes. :3 The artist didn't take perspective/relative size into consideration since she was just designing the characters at that point, so their heights and proportions (relative to each other) are off. They won't look like that once the actual sprites are complete.

Celestie
Veteran

#22 Post by Celestie »

PayPal...another thing I never have figured out since I haven't looked it up yet xD Buts eeing how I'll di international payment at some point or another for sure I should....after oral exams. Everything after oral exams or I'll die xD

...so if the Japanese in Japanese otome games isn't too difficult, amybe I can play the games after a month or so studying japanese studies...? Since that AGTH is somewhat complicated, I never tried it out (changing the computer's date and whatnot, I think...?), so I ended up deciding to study Japanese...in half a year. Until then I have to fix the problem of my PC not having Japanese characters...

D'aww, even the new coloring style looks awesome. Now it depends a bit on the BG you make which kind of coloring fits. If you modify real-life-pictures, the pastel-like coloring would be fine (I think), if it leans more to look like the Starry Sky BGs, the new coloring style fits nice. But that's my opinion only xD
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Camille »

AGTH isn't that difficult: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189
You do have to change your computer's locale to Japanese before playing or even installing otome games, though, otherwise the text will come out all wrong. Other than that, to install Japanese characters is pretty easy... It's in your computer's language settings. You do need a copy of your Windows installation disc, though, because that's where all the foreign language files are. I think you can also download Japanese language packs, but if you have your installation disc, it's automatic and much easier.

Thanks! Originally I wanted to modify photos for the BGs, but the artist wanted the sprites to look perfect with the BGs, so it seems like she's going to draw all the BGs herself, too. We're not sure if we're going to use this coloring style for the sprites, though, since this was developed more as a coloring style for the CGs.

Celestie
Veteran

#24 Post by Celestie »

Yeah, well, my dad can't find the installation CD anymore and the packs I have searched for strangely need some installation CD as well, so I gave up for now and decided I'll need a new computer soon, anyway xD

I see. Well, I'm looking forward to whatever you'll decide for. If teh CGs are colored that way, I'll be dying to get all fo the CGs once the game is out *A* And making all BG on her own? Wow, that'll require a lot of patience, hm?

lazykitsune

#25 Post by lazykitsune »

The art looks beautiful and the story sounds fun! I'm very excited for your VN! ^^

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#26 Post by SilverxBlue »

I can't believe that I've been active here and I never noticed this one! *starts to hit self*
Anyway, I love the art (so pretty) and plot of the game, I'm definitely adding this to SilverxBlue's-long-list-of-games-to-look-forward-to.
Good luck~ :)
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Camille »

Aww thanks! <3

We are shooting for a Winter 2011 release, haha. Later I'll update the first post with more on the datable guys and stuff. owo

dubunny

#28 Post by dubunny »

This looks like it's going to be great. I'm really excited to play it :) I look forward to reading more of the updates.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: [WIP] Machina Jewel (First post updated!)

#29 Post by Camille »

Thank you! <3 I've now updated the first post with character profiles, more links, and generally just made the first post look a lot nicer. XDb

dubunny

Re: [WIP] Machina Jewel (First post updated!)

#30 Post by dubunny »

Just read the new character profiles and I can tell this is definitely going to be a game where I have to complete every guy's path! *~*