[WIP GxB] Machina Jewel | first post updated 7/20/2011+poll!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

Re: [WIP GxB] Machina Jewel | first post updated 6/20/2011

#136 Post by RemnantDream »

Wooow. I love the voices *~* They're amazing.
Everytime I watch the videos, I try to click on the choices..
I neeeeed this. It looks so amazing. I'd be glad to help beta test or proofread by the way.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#137 Post by Camille »

Thanks for all the comments. XD I'm sure the VAs will be glad to hear that their voices are liked. Also, I've actually been directing all of this myself, so I suppose it's easier to get a good sound when you have a clear vision for what you want a scene to sound like... I've never done anything like this before, so I was really worried, but it ended up being a lot of fun, though it IS very time-consuming. :3

The script is moving along~ I'm going to be out of commission over this weekend since I'll be in Houston for the Distant Worlds concert (yaaaay) but I'll get right back on it after that. I'm almost done with chapter three. The script is now well over 50,000 words, too. Makes me wonder how long it's going to be when it's done. 0_o

@RemnantDream: I sent you a PM. :3

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#138 Post by azureXtwilight »

Eeeh? Is there any beta testing opening? :o

I'm in! I'm in!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#139 Post by Camille »

@azureXtwilight: Sending you a PM now! :3 I probably have room for one or two more people, haha.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#140 Post by azureXtwilight »

Yay! I'm going to send you a wall of text when I'm done with it ;)

sorani
Veteran

#141 Post by sorani »

can I beta test too? I really like how your visual novel is heading, especially that there's voice acting. Good luck on finishing! :D

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#142 Post by Camille »

azureXtwilight wrote:Yay! I'm going to send you a wall of text when I'm done with it ;)
Oh good, I love reading walls of text. (this is not sarcasm! I really do love it! XD)
sorani wrote:can I beta test too? I really like how your visual novel is heading, especially that there's voice acting. Good luck on finishing! :D
I've sent you a PM. :3

Aaaaand with this, I think we're pretty much set for now, beta testers-wise... At least for a little while. If there's more people interested, I'll open up some more spots after chapter four is done.

Also finally we have our last male lead teaser. (Javiel doesn't get one because he isn't voiced... At least he isn't right now...)

A preview of Tetsuyoshi's first appearance in the game. His voice actor was fourth to send in his lines--get the pattern yet? (: Tetsuyoshi appears in slightly different ways in chapter one, depending on how Charlene reacts when she first sees him. This video shows just one possibility. Note: This is still a working preview. Tetsuyoshi is voiced by Sean Finkle.

Tetsu sounds hesitant at first because he's really nervous... He'll sound more natural later in the story once he gets used to you. :3

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#143 Post by Camille »

Just an update~ We've started recording voices for chapter two (almost all of Azhar's lines are done already, haha) and I'm finishing up the writing of chapter three. Chapter three has a lot of climactic scenes (including the first really drawn-out action scene) so it's been a real challenge writing those scenes in varied ways. Oh, and Javiel shows up for the first time towards the end of chapter three.

This is about where the writing gets kind of tricky because I have to include a lot more variations based on personality/guy Charlene favors/what she's done so far, but I think that all these variations make it more fun to play the game in different ways each time. A lot of times, people just replay games to get all the CGs, and once you've played the game once, a lot of it is skippable the second time around. Not so in Machina Jewel! (well of course there are many common scenes, but you can't skip everything) A lot of my beta testers are like "This time I'll go for more sarcasm! Then I'll play a Charlene who's really nice!" There are some clues you can only pick up on certain routes, some things you can only see if you have more intelligence or more courage or less eloquence... This one scene with Azhar in chapter three can go five different ways depending on your decisions up to that point! To get a full picture of things, I think you definitely have to play the game more than once. Replay value is really important to us.

Speaking of my beta testers, I recently had them complete a poll that's mostly related to features in the game so far. The responses I got were really useful, so the game UI is going to be tweaked a bit more. (that thing is never complete! :c) I also found out that a good majority of the group actually likes Lucien the best. It's funny because the impression I was getting from the beta testers up until that point was "Lucien is TOO cynical! Lucien is TOO caustic to the point where it's getting annoying now! Could you tone Lucien down a bit? In the _____ scene, I wanted to slap him!" So it's neat seeing that he's on top despite all of this. XD I think the part where he punches this guy (who slanders Charlene) in the nose in chapter three helps a bit. When it comes to Lucien, people just love to hate him and hate to love him or something. Tetsuyoshi was frequently towards the top, as was Alonzo (of course--though less of my beta testers seem to like him, overall), but Azhar was always in last or next-to-last place. :c I hope I can develop him so that more people like him.

Anyway I thought that data was interesting, so I've made a general poll for everyone: Which guy in Machina Jewel is your favorite? Please vote! :D

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

Re: [WIP GxB] Machina Jewel | first post updated 7/20/2011+p

#144 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ah, really? :o

Then... Then I surely have a weird taste XD

SerenaLolipop
Regular
Projects: Snow White Otome

#145 Post by SerenaLolipop »

Hi, ummmm, I have a very stupid question. *Way to stop beating yourself down on forums, Serena*

Will you be able to mute the voices if you chose? (That's really nice, Serena) I don't mean to be rude or anything to the people working really hard to voice Machina Jewel!!!!!!!... but I kinda prefer no voices playing.....and I would rather not turn down my volume all the way (Silence on my computer really bothers me.....really, really sorry!) I can deal with it if you can't mute the voices(I know, making SIMPLE otome games is hard enough, but you're Really going the extra mile....and we all commend you for it), but I would really be grateful if you could....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rainbows make the world go round... Or was it that rainbows go around the world?

Jewels are Expensive. But Friendship is Priceless.

I was going to take over this website but then I got distracted by Gakuen Alice.

Ran is in the middle of her own otome game right now, Snow White!
-------------------------------Ciaossu!------------------------------------------------

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#146 Post by azureXtwilight »

Actually, yes. There is a voice and music volume button on renpy o_O

SerenaLolipop
Regular
Projects: Snow White Otome

#147 Post by SerenaLolipop »

O.O eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh, no way!!

....arigatou, Azure-sama......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rainbows make the world go round... Or was it that rainbows go around the world?

Jewels are Expensive. But Friendship is Priceless.

I was going to take over this website but then I got distracted by Gakuen Alice.

Ran is in the middle of her own otome game right now, Snow White!
-------------------------------Ciaossu!------------------------------------------------

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#148 Post by Camille »

azureXtwilight wrote:Ah, really? :o

Then... Then I surely have a weird taste XD
Haha no matter which guy you like best, you're not alone! :3 Also you've actually played the game, so you have a better perspective of what they're all really like. XD

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#149 Post by ririruetoo »

I don't know how I haven't posted on this project yet! I love everything Victorian, and steam punk is a fun genre. So yeah, when do you think you'll release a demo? BTW, is this going to be a free game? ( Hopefully...) If you need any help, I would love to be a beta-tester! ( I love the theme song for the game! Did you make it yourself or get it from somewhere?)
ImageImageImage

Celestine
Veteran

#150 Post by Celestine »

Both voice actors Chris. Sound really good. The one that does Azhar his voice is very sharp, clear, and gentle smoothness. Very much that like a gentlemen in the 1600's. The one does Lucien I have to agree is snippish, deep, flows, has a good quality of sharp tones. Their both alluring and attractive. Azhar with his charm and Lucien with biting strength.
Both definitely have pronounciation and flare of emotion when speaking.
Like can imagine acting scene out.

Good job in finding really good voice actors. :D
They deserve an applause for their effort. :wink:

:lol: Sorry I went into my Critique Mode by accident. (It switches on sometimes without my knowledge when I'm impressed or surprised err caught off guard about something)
What I meant to say is I really loved your voice actors and the dialogue you gave them fit with the voices very well.
I wouldn't be surprised if they could sing very well too :wink:
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.